14: Surprises Happen

I woke up in my bed, so I could only guess that I was carried to my room.  Slowly, I got out of my bed and stretched. I was in the same dress from yesterday and it was freaking uncomfortable to have slept in. It shifted all types of ways and I needed it off. I walked to my closet and dressed in a simple sun dress that stopped mid thigh and some two inch heel boots. I went to my bathroom and brushed my hair putting it into two backwards French tail braids then rolling it into two bun like pigtails. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before leaving my room completely. I walked to the stairs but this time I went down the railings instead of trying to go down them again.

It was awfully quiet inside the entire castle and I have yet to bump into one person which is very unlikely to ever happen. Nobody was in the kitchen instead there was a muffin, note and a messenger bag. I took everything and read the note while I ate the muffin.

"Good morning!

    I wanted everything to be a surprise and only a select few people know everything that is going to happen. Step one: go outside to the car waiting for you. Say Surprises Happen, they will drive you to a secret location. I should warn you that the phrase you're going to say will needed to be repeated a ridiculous amount of times. This will all be worth it in the end. X Josiah."

Alrighty then. I finished my muffin, put the note in the bag and walked out the castle and to the car waiting for me. I peered into it and noticed that nobody was in it so I just guessed that I would be driving myself in this case. I walked around the front of the car and to the driver's side and for once opened my own door and shut it once I was in. I don't know how that an empty car is going to drive me to a secret location when I was in the driver's seat. I was supposed to say the phrase to myself. I guess it couldn't hurt to try.

"Surprises Happen." I said outloud.

The car started itself and lurched forward. Shock was all over myself as the car drove itself to the secret location. I put on my seatbelt and turned on the radio, listening to whatever played. It didn't take too long to get to the secret location, just long enough for me to look at everything that in the messenger bag. There was a walkie talkie that was gold and had a tiara sticker on it, a pair of sandals, there was a bunch of cash in there as well, the note I read earlier, and that was it. When the car stopped, it turned itself off and just like that the ride was over. I unbuckled myself and got out the car, looking around to figure out where I was. I was an a somewhat full parking lot in front of a mini golf place. I haven't played mini golf in what felt like years so I really was going to enjoy myself throughout this. I walked inside and to the little booth where you get your club and ball, also where you pay for everything.

The worker bowed towards me and waited patiently for me to do what? I have no idea. We stood there facing each other for a long time. I was beginning to hold up the line and I could feel the impatience in the crowd behind me but nobody wanted to risk being disrespectful to me. Out the corner of my eye, I could see paparazzi snapping pictures on the sideline but none of them confronted me. My mind wandered back to the note Josiah left for me. What stuck to me the most was that he wrote is that I had to repeat the phrase a ridiculous amount of times. I guess that this is one of those times.

"Surprises Happen." I repeated to the worker.

"Alright, Holly is at the sixteenth hole waiting for you. Go out to the right, and you should bump into her by the second hole you pass." They told me.

I thanked them and followed their instructions  going to the right. I didn't bother counting the holes but waited until I saw a worker sitting by the pole that told you what hole it was. I checked the hole really quick to be sure that this was Holly before I start talking to a random worker.