20: Moving Day

Author's chat:

So first, I have to apologize about this taking what? Months to upload and it's already 2018! Jeesh, you guys have not seen anything yet. I'm currently job hunting. So if you thought this took forever to get here, my extracurriculars, actual school, online school, and a job on top of that is going to leave me like one minute to write every day. I'll try and stay on top of it for now, since I'm not super busy...Keep in mind I did say try.

Oh right! Like five-seven more chapters before this is finished! Hold me to that loosely

Have Faith, Jay Kay

"Alright the next house is the last one we have. It is the farthest house from the castle but I think it's the one for you." Janet told me.

I could tell she was getting irritated with us, or well me. I have more or less shot down every house that she has shown us. The six we were originally supposed to see. Janet, though, got us six more houses to look at. As we went to each one, I got more and more happy with them so I'm hoping this last one will be my dream home.

"I'm ready for it." I said.

Right, Josiah had left to start packing up the castle and helping Mar and Ev start their moving in process. I don't blame him for getting out the situation. Frankly, I'm quite tired of looking at houses, we've did it for two hours before he left and now I'm rolling in on the third hour. So yes, I am so looking forward to this last house. Janet and I drove for twenty minutes in complete silence. We didn't really talk to each other unless I asked a question about the house or if she asked if I was ready to go to the next house. She stopped assuming I wanted to buy it by the second house when she realized I was being super picky about the houses. But I should be super picky, I had to pay for it and then live in it until I was ready to see it but that wasn't going to happen any time soon.

"We're here." She told me.

I nodded and then stepped out the car, walking the short walk to the house, and entering it. Janet following close behind me.

"This house is a modern one as well. Starting at five hundred thousand dollars. It has four bedrooms and three bathrooms which doesn't include the one in the master bedroom. There's an open medium kitchen and dining room  a pool in the backyard. The garage is attached to the house. There are two living rooms, one upstairs and then another down stairs. Two bedrooms are upstairs, including the master bedroom, then two down stairs. The mud room is the room we're in now, just a small walkway. Then the laundry room is under the stairs. No attic but there is a basement, the last owners used it as a bedroom for their oldest daughter who liked it so much." Janet explained as soon as we were in the house.

"That sounds nice, I'm going to go take a look around and then let you know my decision as soon as I'm done." I told her.

"Alright, I'll be waiting by the car then" She told me leaving me to it.

I looked at the first floor first, making sure the bedrooms were a good size and that everything was to my liking before taking a peek in the basement loving the way it was set up like a mini house so that you didn't have to constantly go back upstairs for  basic things other than to do your laundry. I went out the door that led to the backyard, seeing that it was a decent size and the pool wasn't super dominant. Going back into the house, I went upstairs. The second living room was pretty small, and would make the perfect hangout spot. The master bedroom was absolutely perfect and certainly earned the name. I think this house is the one. It matches my requirements and is just so beautiful.