15: Surprises Continue

Author's chat:

Just an early update today instead of this Sunday because I will be busy this entire weekend.

Xoxo Jay-Kay

"Took a lot less time than I thought it was going to take Arlo." Dunnuts told me.

"I hope that's a good thing." I said.

"Sure is. You can read this note on the way to the next Surprise. Hop in the car." He said handing me the envelope and opening my car door.

I hopped in the car and put on my seat belt as Dunnuts closed my door and walked around to his side. I tore open the envelope as he got himself situated and started driving to the secret location.

"Dear Symp,

    I hope you are having an amazing day so far and have enjoyed the many surprises you have been through and the many to come. I do apologize for the lack of noted from me but I've been working all day to prepare the last surprise for you. My absolute favorite one and I hope you enjoy it as much as I will seeing your starstruck face. This next surprise is one you should have received since you started living in the castle and I'm sorry that it is so long over do. When you get to this surprise, use your walkie talkie.  X Josiah"

I had no idea what he meant by that and now I was super curious as to what he meant by that but I traded the letter for the walkie talkie and set it down in my lap. I didn't question how long it was going to take or where we were going. I was getting tired of getting shot down, so I looked out the window and waited for the car to stop. It took about five more minutes in the car before we parked.

"Are you walking me like Maria did?" I asked him.

"No, this one is completely on you. Radio in before you walk anywhere though. Maria should pick up." He explained.

I got out the car and closed the door, putting the walkie to my mouth, I clicked the button and said a simple hello.

"Arlo, glad you could make it. Faster than we expected but happy nonetheless. Follow the arrows on the ground. You're in for an amazing surprise." She said before he side went blank.

I looked down at my feet and saw some arrows. So like the simple instructions I was given I followed like ten arrows. Once they stopped I looked up and almost fainted. Right in front of me was my family, the ones I thought I would never see again. My eyes teared up a bit and I took a step back before running towards them in complete shock and excitement.  The huddled around me and hugged me too.

"I thought I would never see you guys again." I said finally breaking apart from them.

"Us too, I was completely surprised when Prince Josiah rang us up and told us to meet him." Dad said.

"He set this entire thing up with us. Is he your Chosen?" Mom asked me.

"Josiah was not as first but things changed and a lot have happened which I cannot even begin to explain and here we are now." I told them.

"So we aren't just here to see you again. We were given a huge role in this surprise. We want you back home and we have been given permission by Prince Josiah himself to take you back home with us OR you can stay with him. Completely your choice." Reese told me.

I thought about it for a minute before deciding my choice. I had been Chosen by the most hateful guy in the world, Griffith, but if it wasn't for him choosing me I would have never met Mrs. Paige or Josiah or any of my friends that I have now. I wouldn't change what happened to me ever in the world. Everything happens for a reason and that's because fate works in mysterious ways.