22: Curtain Call

"This is absolutely gorgeous, I'm so happy you two decided to go with the Paris theme!" Paige exclaimed.

She was reacting like how any bride would, marveling over the venue. She stood in the middle of the classic church, a huge bright smile planted on her face and turning in slow tight circles. I don't know why she was thanking me for it. In fact, Josiah and I let her have full free reign since the last chapter. We let her live her dream because we're just going to embarrass her in a couple of days. Besides, it wasn't like it affected anything major, this isn't our actual wedding plans and I like to believe we wouldn't have given up so easily.

"Thanks, I guess but can I go now? Evanna, Marcella, and I have plans to fulfill in an hour and I don't want to be late." I told her.

"No, at least not right now." She deadpanned, "Sit down with me for a minute. We still have quite a few things to discuss before the wedding can happen in three days."

She guided me to one of the front row seats and waited for me to sit down before she began talking. I hesitated a for a second, I really had to get going if I was going to drive back, pack and still be ready to leave on time for everything. Yet, I took those few steps to where she was and plopped down a couple feet from her, moving my hands away when she went to grab mine in hers.

"Have all the invitations been addressed to the right people?" She asked me

"Yes, Josiah and I finished that last week." I answered.

"And you're positive Kevvin got them all mailed out and properly delivered to everyone?" She questioned.

"I would tell you that it's a question for Josiah, but I can guarantee that every last one has been sent out and properly delivered. Is that all you wanted to ask?"

"Great, now let's talk about you for a bit before we move on to a little bit more serious topic. My two...step daughters...where are they going to go when you and Josiah take over?" She asked me.

"What? Nothing we've been talking about relates to them. Besides, they're going to stay right there with us."

"All I'm saying is that you two will probably be too busy to keep them entertained. I thought it would be best if they lived somewhere else other than in the castle."

"Of course they will, there's plenty of things to do and when Josiah and I aren't working we'll hang out with them. It's not like there won't be enough space, there's so many unoccupied rooms."

"I'm not saying you won't have enough space, Symphony." She argued

"Then what are you trying to say? It's not like we're going to kick you out when we're ruling. We have the space. So what are you really trying to say?" I asked bitterly, like I bit into a sour apple.

"They aren't welcomed there. It's just not the right place for them. They just don't fit in there. You wouldn't understand, you weren't here when she was growing up. She never fit in anywhere." She answered.

"You're right but I do know most of the story. You're no better than the evil stepmother from Cinderella. You treat her probably just as bad." I countered.

"Let's not let this turn the mood sour. We can continue this later when there aren't important matters at hand." She said.

"Like what?"

"So have you decided who your maid of honor was going to be? And your bachelorette party, have you had time to plan that out?" She asked me, getting all excited, and ignoring my last statement completely.

"Yes, I have. A lot of thought into it and after a while I decided to make Evanna and Marcella my co-maid of honors. And don't even get me started on the par--"