10: Beginning

Author's Chat:

I haven't done one of these in a long time, thankfully. I just want to say I'm sorry I haven't updated in a very long time. I have been getting ready for school, doing summer camps, and trying to maintain a social life. I have prepared an incredibly long chapter to make it up to all of you and as soon as school starts I will be updating bi-weekly for all my books. Anyway. I hope you enjoy.

xoxo Jay-Kay

"Are you going to tell me what you dreamt about?"

"I rather not think about it." I told him.

"Alright, I bet you're hungry. You've been out for a day and a half." Josiah informed me.

"What time is it now?"

"Noon." He stated.

I let him go and glanced at where my head was nestled. This giant wet spot was on his shirt, there was no way I could just pretend I wasn't crying. I wiped my face as best I could with my arms before leaning to the side of the bed and grabbing my crutches with my good hand, which happened to be my left. I stood up slowly and leaned as much of my weight on them as possible before limping slowly to the bathroom. I didn't even acknowledge Josiah. I felt bad, I really did there was just no way I could face him after I practically threw myself and cried my heart out. Nobody deserved to go through what I just put him in expectantly.  I closed the door behind me to give myself some privacy and started the Jacuzzi sized bathtub with warm water. While I waited for the bath to fill, I added in some scented bubble bath and brushed my teeth too.

Once the bath was ready, I stopped it and carefully peeled of my clothes putting them into the hamper. I put my back against the wall and slowly let go of my right crutch. Easy does this.  Slowly, I lifted my right foot and gently put it in the bath tub. This was the easy part. I let go of the other and maneuvered my feet, unsteadily I might add, until I was ready to sit. I was going to go ahead and assume that these casts were waterproof and slipped my other foot into the bath once I was sitting on the floor. It only took me ten uncomfortable minutes to settle in and I was going to enjoy it as much as I possibly can. I leaned my head back until it hit the water and laid in there. I had as much time in the world and after that horrific nightmare, I needed some time to relax. There was a soft knock on my door and at first I tried to ignore it but the person kept on persisting.

"Yes?" I called out after the ninth knock.

"This is not how I wanted to meet you, behind closed doors, but I think this is the perfect time. My name is Bambi, and I am to be your personal assistant for the time being. There are some clothes waiting for you on the bed and your breakfast is on your desk. I will be waiting downstairs for you when you are finished. No need to rush, take your time."

Personal assistant? To what, assist me when I fall the fuck down? I don't need my own a practical paid servant when I can do things on my own. I have all four of my limbs in working condition, yes I am battered and bruised, but I'm not paralyzed from the neck down. I closed my eyes and let my ears drift under the water once again. When I opened them again, the water had lost a lot of its heat so I sat up and started washing myself with the soap and loofa before washing my hair with the shampoo and face with the face wash. I then unplugged the tub. I stood slowly and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my body before grabbing the crutched that were on the ground and walked out the bathroom. I immediately went to the clothes and pulled everything on as quickly as I could before going over to the desk and seeing another fruit parfait. Yes! These things are absolute gold. I'll have to thing Krystal and  Finnegan for it when I see them again. I sat down in the chair and opened the laptop that was just sitting there. I googled Netflix and saw that it was already logged in. So I went to Supernatural picked the season and episode I was on last and began watching from where I could last remember.