17

"So it's not Aztec at all?" Elena asks, making me chuckle. "The curse of the Sun and the Moon...is fake. It doesn't exist." Elijah says, chuckling. "What?!" Elena cries out. "Klaus and I faked the sun and moon curse dating back over a thousand years." Elijah explains, as I sat back and cuddled into his side, he looked down at me and smiled, I returned that smile. "But if there's no curse?" Elena says hopeful. "There's a curse. Just not that one. The real one's much worse. It's a curse placed on Klaus." Elijah explains. "What are you talking about?" She asks. "Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years. And you are his only hope." Elijah explains, looking at her. Her phone vibrates in his pocket and it slowly irritates Elijah. "What is this curse?" Elena asks, as her phone continued to buzz. "Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please." Elijah says taking his hand from me and handing Elena her phone. "Stefan...what's wrong? No. No, no, no, no. Okay, I'll be right there." Elena says through the phone. "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her." Elena says. "I'm afraid that wasn't apart of today's arrangement." Elijah says, and she frowns. "She's my family, Elijah. I have to. I'll be back. You have my word." Elena says, as she rushes up from her seat. "That doesn't mean anything to me until you live up to it." Elijah says. "Thank you." Elena says, as she ran out of the house.

Once she left, there was a silence, between us. "Would you like a drink Elijah." I ask, getting up from my seat. "I'd love one, thank you Luce." He says, to getting up, I stood facing the bar, pouring drinks. I felt a presence behind me, his presence. His arms wrapped around my waist, as his chest pressed against my back. "Hello Elijah." I mutter, running my hands up and down his forearms. "Luce." He mutters into my neck, as his breath raked against my neck. I let out a shaky breath filled with anticipation, as my stomach filled with an unfamiliar feeling, something moving around inside me, making me shy, nevrous. He didn't say anything, but placed his lips against my neck, sucking marks into my skin. I let out a throaty moan, as my hands fly to his hair, my fingers tangling themselves inside his rich, brown locks, as I lent my head back against his shoulder, giving him more access to my throat. He dragged his blunt teeth across my neck, his sharper teeth piercing the thin skin, making me gasp and pull at his hair a little stronger. His tongue followed behind his teeth soothing the wounds, with his soft touch. After his tongue finished it's trail, I turned around looking up into his eyes. We stayed there staring into each other's eyes, reading the emotions that flooded through each other's hardened eyes. My hands left his hips, moving up his chest, finding their place at his cheeks. I carefully, almost timidly brought his lips to mine, closing my eyes and enjoying the kiss. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me towards him, as close as he could. Our chests pressed together, as his tongue found itself entering my open mouth, we deepened the kiss. We pull away breathless and rest our forehead against each other's, trying to catch our breaths. What is this feeling?

"Guys" She says, we looked over my shoulder, to find she had returned, we quickly stepped away from each other, with reddened cheeks. "Welcome back, Elena." I say awkwardly as we returned to our seats on the couches. "Tell me. What is Klaus' curse." She asks. "My family was quite close, but Klaus and my father did not get on too well." "Tell me about it." I mutter, as thunder roared through the sky. "Oh, shut it you old bag!" I shout, looking up and the thunder stopped. "Thank you... Dad." I mutter the last part. "When we became vampires, we discovered the truth. Klaus was not my father's son. My mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus is from a different bloodline. Of course, when my father discovered this, he hunted down and he killed my mother's lover and his entire family. Not realizing, of course, that he was igniting a war between species that rages until this day." Elijah explains. "A war between the species?" Elena asks. "The vampires...and the werewolves." I state. "So Klaus' real father was from a werewolf bloodline? What does that make Klaus? A werewolf? Or a vampire?" Elena asks.

"He's both. A hybrid would be deadlier than any werewolf or vampire. Nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power. Therefore the witches, the servants of nature, saw to it that my brother's werewolf side would become dormant." Elijah explains. "That's the curse that Klaus wants to break?" Elena asks. "He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf. If allowed, Klaus would sire his own bloodline. He'd build his own race. Endangering not just vampires, but everyone." Elijah explains. "But you helped him?" Elena says. "I helped him because I loved him. That's changed, now he must die." Elijah says. "We have the dagger now. We can stop him." Elena says making me laugh. "When a werewolf is wounded by silver, it heals. An Original can't be killed by anything but white oak ash on a silver dagger. So you see the conundrum. The dagger does not work." Elijah explains. "What, are you saying that Klaus can't be killed?" Elena asks in disbelief. "There's one way to kill any supernatural species...at the hands of the servants of nature themselves." Elijah explains. "Except me, I'm a celestial being, I was not created by the servants of nature, their powers is simply what feels like a flick to the chest, nothing." I state, as I leant into Elijah's shoulder. "A witch. If they can channel that much power. But it would kill them." Elena justifies. "The curse must be broken during the full moon. When Klaus is in transition. That's when he'll be at his most vulnerable. A witch with enough power...can kill Klaus." Elijah explains. "If he is a threat to you, Eli. I'll kill him myself, need no witch, I'll send him to Hell myself." I snarl and he held me close. "He's not a threat to me at least." Elijah says, looking down at me. "What if I told you that I knew a witch that could channel that much power?" Elena asks, and I mutter. 'Bonnie.' "Then I would tell you there's one more thing that you should know." Elijah says.