46

"This is clearly revenge. So Nik, who have you angered?" I ask and then laugh. "Practically everyone." I mumble as I continued to observe the bodies. "This is clearly a witch, one who practises sacrificial magic, they are building up power. And they have a lot of it." I say looking up at Nik. "Am I going to have to save your ass again?" I ask, he chuckles with a roll of his eyes.

***

I was sat upstairs when I overhear a conversation. 'She asked me to keep an eye out on witch stuff. I found something, and when I showed her, we were jumped by some guy. He desiccated her with his touch.' 'Like a coward, you left her' 'What was I supposed to do, fight some warlock that took out an Original?' I got up and sped downstairs and pinned Thierry to the wall. "You left Rebekah, to fend for herself with Papa Tunde!" I scream moving him from the wall and lifting him at least a metre off the ground. "Where is she!" I shout in his face. "The docks, warehouse 57." He tells me and I throw him across the room. I looked to Elijah and he looked at me hesitant. "What if-" "He won't hurt me, I'm indestructible." I say. "Almost." I add looking down. "But, let's go!" I say taking his hand and we sped away.

We arrive at the warehouse to find Bekah lying on the floor desiccated surrounded by salt. Elijah rushed to her but he was stopped at the barrier. "Salt." He says before looking to me. "I can pass salt, here let me." I say walking forward, I crouch down. I bit into my wrist and dropped my blood onto the barrier. "What are you?" He asks, as I walked through the barrier with Bekah. "A convoluted spell." I tell him. "Azrael is a witch, and her blood spoils the balance of spell." I explain, as he rushed to us and took Bekah in his arms, before kissing my cheek. "Thank you." He says and we sped away. I left them and came to Rousseau's. I heard grunts, Nik's grunts and sped in. "Nik!" I shout looking around. I saw Papa Tunde holding a curved dagger over Nik's forehead etching a symbol into his skin. "No!" I shout, as I threw Papa Tunde into the wall, and rushed for Nik. I grabbed his face and looked at him. "You okay?" I ask, looking at him, checking him for injuries. "Luce." He whispers, but I ignore him. "Luce, you forget I'm immortal." He says, taking my hands from his face. Cami was fawning over Marcel, but I saw a look in Nik's eyes. "Nik." I say and he looks at me, and I frown. "Come on, she isn't worth it." I say helping him up, and linking his arm with mine.

I climbed into bed and went to sleep.

***

"Thank you all for coming. It means more than I can tell you. We gather today for the first public sevice of our newly reopened church. St. Anne's can finally once again be the heart of our community, where we can congregate as a people united. Here, this hour, we come together to praise god-" "Ugh, Praise Dead old Dad." I say a little louder than I meant to, a scoff following behind my comment. Marcel and Nik looked at me, along with all the other attendees. "You're lucky I came." I tell him, and he rolls his eyes. "Can I say something Father, do you mind?" I ask, not bothering to wait for a reply. "Oh, Dear old Dad, it has been 13 billion years and if you're listening up there, dear mother too I personally want to thank you. I know right thank you, but I am speaking of the truth I would like to thank you for bring Azrael into this world. You though this child would bring me down, errupt fear into my veins, doubt, aggression but she hasn't, she is the spawn of Satan, quite literally and I can not wait for her to be in this world! So shove that up you high and mighty asshole!" I shout, smirking. I turned around satisfied. "Sorry Father Kieran, had to get that out. Woah, I feel refreshed." I say walking back to my seat. "T-The Devil." "Walks among us." I stood up with a smile. "Indeed she does. Lucifer Morningstar, pleasure to meet you." I say and they looked terrified. "Luce." Nik spoke, and I looked down. "Sit down." He says and I do. I sit down and Nik hands me a book. "Ouch! Is that a joke." I say dropping the bible. "That hurts, you know." I whisper shout at him, he chuckles and rolled his eyes.

***

"Maybe bringing the devil to Church wasn't a smart idea." Nik says guiding me back into the compound. "You took Luce to Church?" Rebekah asks. "Yeah, I had a blast until he have me, the Bible!" I state glaring at Nik. "How was I meant to know that it burns you." He says. "Um, maybe because I am the bloody Devil!" I shriek and he chuckles. "But anyway, I had a blast who knew worshipping Dear Old Dad, was fun." I say as I noticed Papa Tunde's body. "Ouch." I spoke, kicking him with my heeled foot.

"Luce!" I hear a voice call. "Bekah?" I ask, turning around. "Elijah has requested I take you and Azrael to the plantation. It's not safe." She explains, and I looked to Elijah who stood on the balcony. "Are you serious." I ask, ignoring her and looking up at him. I sped up to him. "I am the strongest one here, and you want me to be babysat, not to fight?" I ask, and he held my cheek. "You may be immortal my love, but Azrael is very mortal." He tells me, and I groan holding my stomach. "Us Morningstars do not go down easy." I tell him, and he took my face in his hands. "Please. For me." He says and I groan. "Fine." I say, and he smile triumphantly and kisses my lips. "I love you." He spoke. "I love you too." I say as I turn around and grab my coat. "Come on Bekah." I say, and she follows me out.

***

I smirked, I looked out the window and saw the moon was full. "Hayley." I call out, and she approaches her wolves behind her. "Help yourselves." I tell the wolves, and they look up at the moon and transform. "Thank you for this." She says hugging me. "You are most welcome. You're my family." I tell her and she smiles.