43

I climbed out of an empty bed, and wrapped my robe around myself before heading to the library. "Celeste?" I ask, as I leant against the door, Nik and Elijah turned to me. "How did you-" Nik asks, I pointed to my head. "I can hear Elijah's thoughts." I explain, as there was a crash. 'Go away!' "Well that's going well." Nik says, as I sat down. "If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Elijah says. "Oh. Are there anymore inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Nik asks. "Give me a month, I'll get you a list." Elijah says sarcastically making me choke on my drink, laughing. "Young, old, dead or alive, witches are a pain in the ass." Nik states, as Marcel called for Davina. Nik got up and sped to the room. The house begun to quake. "What the hell is going on?" Rebekah asks as she came in, the room. "Davina." Nik states, as I rolled my eyes.

The house continues to shake violently. "Davina! Quit it!" I shout furious, the tremors stopped. "Thank you!" I shout. Sophie and Elijah were taking about Davina. "We need to complete the harvest." I state, as their heads snapped to me. "You knew?" Sophie asks. "I know everything." I state, sipping my drink. "Just like you dug up the remains of Celeste Dubois last night, after retrieving her location from one of Elijah's diaries in the chest he has at the end of our bed at the Plantation." I spoke, as Elijah's draw dropped. "And that you plan to consecrate her remains, using her power, the power of an elder to complete the harvest yourself to get back your dear Monique." I spoke, as she became shocked. 

I was stacking crates of cans, to take to Hayley and her pack, when Nik came in. "What are you doing?" Nik asks. "I was going to take these to the-" "If you say 'Bayou' I will find a nice comfy dungeon and throw you in it. This is not the night to be out there-" "For anyone. But some people don't have a choice. Hayley and her pack have no choice." I state, and he picks up a box. "Right. Grab that lot and come with me." He says and I pick up the box smiling. The car came to a stop outside the church. We climbed out and he guided me in. "Luci!" I hear a voice. "Hayley!" I say turning to find her among the people. "You helped them." I say looking at Nik as we put the crates down. "The blood that runs in their veins runs in mine. And in our child's." He says making me smile. "They're North East Atlantic's aren't they?" I ask and he nods.

***

"It's taken one thousand years, but you've finally gone mad. Our own mother?" Rebekah says, as I walked in. "Yes, our beloved mother, who Niklaus has affectionately placed in a coffin in his basement-- not daggered but quite dead." Elijah explains, as I scratched the back of my neck. "I walked in, at the wrong time." I mutter. "Well, she did try to kill us all." Nik says. "Well, I say we put her to use and put her to rest once and for all. Now if we bury our mother on land owned by one of her descendants, she becomes a New Orleans witch, and we, as her family, share in that ancestral magic." Elijah explains. "We're vampires, Elijah. We can't practise magic. Or own property for that matter." Rebekah states. Yes. With regard to practising magic..." He trails off turning to me, directly to my stomach. "And, as for owning property, not all of our mother's descendants are dead..." He trails off yet again. "Azrael." I spoke. "Azrael. The parish Taz Assessor's office is just steps outside of the Quarter. Luci now holds the title to the plantation. So, if we bury our mother there, and we consecrate those grounds, we can finish the Harvest ritual." Elijah explains, making me smirk. "I'm technically not dead, My lovely Elijah, you are a bloody genius." I state kissing him on the lips. "You're bit of a mad genius, Elijah. Count me in." Nik says. "Am I the only one thinking? Our mother was the most powerful witch in history. If we bury her, we hand that power to our enemies to use against us." Rebekah states. "Given our circumstances, I hardly see that we have a choice, Rebekah." Elijah says. "I kill their asses Bekah, it's okay." I tell her holding my thumb up. "I don't know why I bother. You two will just do what you want anyway." She says to Nik and Elijah. "No. Our decision must be unanimous." Elijah says. "This is not a democracy." Nik says. "You're quite right. This is family." Elijah says as heavy rain begun. "Water. The next sign's begun. Rebekah?" He continues. "Kill a demon today, face the devil tomorrow. Count me in." She says smirking, making me chuckle. "Not bad, Bekah." I say. "I do try." She says, smiling. "Well, this no family reunion without our mother. I'll fetch her." Nik says before leaving.

***

Nik, Elijah, Sophie, Father Kieran and I stood in the backyard of the Plantation, as Rebekah arrived. "Did you find them? Will he bring her?" Nik asks. "He'll bring her." She says. "Are you ready to do this?" Kieran asks. "Always and forever." Nik says, as he sliced his palm dripping it over Esther's grave. He passed the dagger to Rebekah who did the same, then Elijah and finally me, I held the dagger in my closed fist and pulled it upwards, slicing my hand before squeezing it as the blood fell on the grave. Kieran threw the dagger onto the grave. "It's done." Kieran spoke.

***
We were stood in the Lafayette Cemetery, as flames erupted at the entrance. "Oh, now it's a party." I mutter, as I held my hand out in it. "Oh, it tickles." I mutter, laughing. I turn to find everyone looking at me confused. "Sorry." I say, turning away from the fire. Marcel appeared holding Davina in his arms.