21

After a few hours, he gave up. I had my fun, I was covered in patches of blood, where he gave up their locations. "Well done." I say, pulling all my knives from him, and walk away. Niklaus had fed Ray his blood and snapped his neck. We ended up back in the car, Stefan had the dead Ray, led against his shoulder as I turned on the radio. I sung to song after song as we traveled towards the Smokey Mountains, both men enjoyed the angelic voice that poured from the devil's mouth, Niklaus tapped his fingers lightly against the steering wheel whilst Stefan slightly swayed his head, to the beat as the drove down the highway.

***

We were walking through the mountains, Stefan carrying Ray on his shoulder, as Niklaus and I were up ahead, he seemed to be struggling. "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Niklaus mocks Stefan. "I'm fine." Stefan snaps. "You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." Niklaus continues, making Stefan snarl annoyed. "You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan snaps, making me gasp. "I though we were friends Stefan." I say holding my hand to my heart. "We are although, kinda annoyed you slept with Katherine." He says making me chuckle. "Low blow Steffie, low blow." I mutter, laughing lightly. "So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Niklaus tells Stefan. "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." Stefan states. "Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There." I say gesturing to the pack. Stefan entered the camp catching everyone's attention before throwing Ray, a woman let out a gasp and rushed towards Ray. "Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?" The woman asks as she went to Ray. Niklaus surprisingly linked his arm with mine and we walked out into the clearing. "The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus and this is my friend Luci." Niklaus introduced us to the woman. "You're the hybrid." She replies. "You've heard of me. Fantastic." Niklaus says as he approaches the pack, me by his side.

"It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Niklaus explains as we sat on a log with Stefan beside me and Ray still dead, in front of us. But once he finished Ray shot forward with a gasp. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic." I tell him, smirking. "What's happening to me?" He asks us. "Stefan?" Niklaus says as we looked to Stefan, who gets up. "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die." Stefan explains, looking around the pack, who had now crowded around us. "Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" I ask looking around the pack and tracking their smells. I spot one. "You!" I say, rushing to the man and biting into his arm and shoved him to the ground in front of Ray. The woman begun to shout and scream at me. 'Leave him alone, you bitch !' I sped to her grabbing her by the throat. "I'd watch your tone sweetie, I'm very old and come with a freakishly short temper, call me another name, I rip your tongue from your throat and feed it to your dear human." I snarl getting really close to her face. "If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop." Stefan tells Ray, his face morphing. Niklaus gets up and approaches me. "It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die." He exclaims. "I'd rather die than become a vampire." She says through my choke hold. "Wrong choice." I say passing her to Niklaus by the throat. He fed her his blood before snapping her neck. "Who's next?" He asks his hybrid face on show. He ended up putting the wolves through transitions but they only died, bleeding from their eyes, nose and mouth. It confused Niklaus, but also made him angry, really angry. Once we got into the car, Niklaus clenched his fists tightly against the steering wheel, anger radiating off him, I reached over and placed my hand on top of his in a comforting manor. "We'll find out what is wrong, Nik." I told him rubbing the back of his hand.

A couple of hours later, we were all tired and pulled into a motel for the night. They had two rooms left, and Nik insisted I'd come with him. We walk into the room, to find it not the cleanest, but it'll do. I begun to get undressed and Nik did the same. We climbed into bed, and we led on our sides facing each other. "We'll find out why you can't make hybrids, Nik. I'll make sure we will change that, and you can have as many hybrids as you desire." I told him smiling as I looked up at him. "Thank you Luce, I appreciate you being this nice to me." He says, as he lay down putting his head on my chest, I played with his golden curls as we sat in a comfortable silence. "Just know you are not alone, like you think you are." I mumble sleepily before I closed my eyes, and sleep soon took over. That was the first real bonding moment we had, and they continued to occur, like Nik and I singing to the radio annoying Stefan to no end, dancing in bars and drinking heavily with each other, the harmless flirting we shared, and we became close during our time in Chicago. I guess you could say best friends.

***

I plan to edit the torture scene into this later, just imagine it.

- Kayla