51

"Okay. Then what, Eve? I do not even know what it is like to have a mother, let alone be one. I mean I do not plan on beating Azrael so that is a lost cause." I state, as she frowned. "Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do." Eve tells me, as a knock filled our ears we looked to the door to find Elijah stood there. "Pardon the interruption. I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising." Elijah says, Hayley gets up and leaves. I heard the conversation get a bit tense, so I got up and came outside. "Which one of you is in charge?" A strange man asks as he pulled up on a motorcycle. "Who's asking?" I ask, as I walked out of the shack. Elijah tackled him as his motorcycle exploded and we were thrown backwards. "Ah, I actually felt that." I mutter, as I rubbed my stomach dazed. "Elijah!" I shout looking around panicked. "Luce!" He shouts searching for me, once he stopped me he helped me up. "Are you both okay?" He asks, looking down at my stomach before back up to my face. I nod, as his hands held my cheeks checking me for injuries. I noticed a little boy beside a severely injured man I rushed away from Elijah and towards the boy. I picked him up, as held him to me close. "It's okay. Here. Come here. Jackson, can you take him." I call Jackson over and he takes the boy. Elijah and I went over to the man. Elijah lifted up his shirt to find heat and chemical burns. "Wolfsbane." Elijah mutters. "It must have been the gas tank." Hayley spoke as she rushed over. "Elijah. You're the fastest, since Luce is pregnant. Take him please, anyone else who can't walk on their own." Hayley asks, but he looked to me in concern. "I'm okay baby. Help the man." I say pressing my lips to his. I rushed around helping wolves, giving them blood if they would take it. I found myself sat inside a shack, surrounded by the terrified children. I held them in my arms, cooing them as they begun to calm. 'Where is Luci?' 'In the shack.' The door opened as the children  held onto me as I calmed them down. "Luce?" I hear a voice, I look over to find Elijah stood at the door with a smile on his face. "I am going soft." I state, as I tried to remove the children from me. "Where is Hayley?" I ask, looking up at him. "She went to Marcel." He tells me and I panic. "All she asks is that we look after the pack." He tells me as I sensed something. "Elijah. There is more bombs, help them!" I shout as he rushed out of the door and "Help! Somebody help!" I hear a voice, I shot up and flew out of the shack. Oliver was kneeling beside the RV, Eve was pinned under the RV. I flipped the RV over completely and lightly picked her up. I brought her into her shack and led her on the bed. She cried out as I observed the wound. "The wound should be healing by now." Elijah says. "She's not wolf." I mutter, as I squeezed her hand. "She's never killed anyone, never activated the werewolf gene. So she can't heal, not like us." Oliver explains. "My blood, it could heal her." Elijah says, as she squeezed my hand back.  "Vampire blood? Trust me, she'd rather die. Look, we can't just let them get away with this." Oliver tells us. "We don't even know who's to blame." Jackson tells him. "The hell we don't! And if we don't fight back, they'll just do it again." Oliver shouts, before rushing out of the shack.

***

I sat on the dock, looking down at my hands. "Why didn't you tell me?" I hear a voice ask, I turned around to find Isaiah stood there. "I have been busy, tending to the injured, covering bodies, calming children. My mind has been else where." I spoke, my gaze remaining on the water. "Where's Hayley, is she okay?" He asks. "She's fine. She went after Marcel." I tell him and he looked around. "Go find her. See if she's safe." I tell him and he sped away.

***

Elijah and I sat on a log as Oliver tried to desperately convince his pack to fight back. "You stayed." Hayley spoke, as she approached us. Elijah explained about the other attack. "Your father is searching for you." I tell her and she looked around frantically, spotting him in the distance. "Dad!" She shouts and she rushed to him and hugged him tightly. "You have our help Hayley, just call." I told her, as we got up and we left. Once we arrived home Nik rushed to me seeing my appearance. "Luce! Are you okay? Is Azrael okay?" He asks, checking me over. "We are fine, Nik." I tell him and he pulled me close. "Thank god." He says and I groan. We sat in the study discussing the wolves. Elijah gave Nik his mother's grimore before picking me up. "One thing though." I say and Elijah stops. "Genevieve slips up once, I will rip her apart and distribute her remains throughout her precious cemetery. You tell her that it is a promise and the devil never breaks her promises." I state, before kissing Elijah's cheek and he took me away. We got in the shower before climbing into bed and falling asleep in each others embrace.