health // to discipline

This is me rambling randomly about my experiences with healthy living, including mostly food and sports. 

Everyone knows these mornings on which you wake up and tell yourself: I'm going to change everything today and create a new healthy life for me from now on. On these mornings, none of your plans will work out. Why is this? Because you can't build your new healthy life on nothing. It's normally based on fresh food and, for me personally, it was when I opened up the fridge and found nothing but a can of milk that I procrastinated. I simply pushed being healthy aside and prepared a bowl of cornflakes for breakfast.

Now, something has changed since then. Our fridge is full of good stuff, tomatoes, zucchini, cheese, butter and such. My goal for the recent vacation is to cook everyday. It doesn't have to be fancy but it shouldn't contain meat or - much worse - be a freezed pizza. So far I think I'm doing quite well. I like cooking, it's fun, and of course I'm struggling a bit with the new recipes but that's the whole point, isn't it? Trying out new stuff and getting better each end every day. Today is monday, Whit Monday to be exact. Supermarkets, like the one I earlier had planned to pick up all the missing ingredients for my supper today, are closed, meaning that I will have to improvise. I decided to go for bread with fresh tomatoes and cheese, all baked in the oven to receive a nice and hot meal.

Sorry if I already made you hungry at this point. I honestly just made myself hungry, I'll go and get a banana to solve the problem in a minute but beforehand I wanted to recommend another thing: Don't buy food, you're not going to eat. Don't buy food, you don't want to eat, because it isn't any good for you like chocolate for example. If you don't own it, you can't eat it either which is also great regarding your budget. And don't try to eat when you're bored. Keep being busy, keep in mind that you're eating whenever you are.

It's all about discipline. Maintain discipline and you'll feel much better about your eating habits. By the way, I don't want to tell you what to do, I'm writing this as a reminder for myself, because I tend to have problems with discipline, especially in the case of healthy diet. You could nevertheless use my advice and assign it.

One thing that really is the most important pillar of staying healthy in my life is sports. I do sports twice a week, two and a half and four hours. Whatsmore I got my school sports. It's structured and that helps. You can stick to your routine, that's easy, but you've got to break old habits that weigh you down and prevent you from the health you could enjoy in the meantime.
In the end, it's not as difficult as it might seem at first.