《Part 1》Chapter 1-Amortentia

(Y/n) stepped carefully onto the moving staircase as it swung by her and clicked into place. She began to hop up the stairs two at a time, and, as soon as she reached the top, the staircase began to move again behind her. Moving on as she went towards her potions class, which was already full of students talking and messing around with the cauldrons and things.  (Y/n) found her seat and sat down; her desk partner was already there with her nose stuck in a book.

"Good morning Hermione," (y/n) greeted warmly with a large smile spread across her face.

Hermione looked up from her book and smiled, "oh, hello (y/n)," she carefully put a page marker in her book and closed it gently just as the professor walked in.

"Good morning class, I hope you've all had a pleasant break." Professor Slughorn placed his case on his desk carefully. "Today we will be talking about Amortentia, probably the most dangerous potion you will ever come in contact with." He put on his gloves and opened up a cauldron on his desk beside him.

As the lid was pulled off the pot, a pink smog drifted out and began to suffuse through the room.

Hermione -being the closest to the professor's desk and the potion- was the first to smell it, and she all but fainted when she realized the smell: "parchment..." She smiled to herself.

Then (y/n) found the smell, she smelt a combination of things, but they all fit together into one smell somehow... Apples, Parchment, and cologne in one smell combined, then chocolate, and Oak wood. The chocolate and oak wood was obvious. Her wand was made of oak, and who didn't love chocolate, but the third smell didn't make sense to her. It was as she was trying to figure it out when Slughorn finally closed the lid to the cauldron.

"Can anyone tell me why it is so dangerous?" Slughorn asked, snapping (y/n) back into reality with the sound of his voice.

Instantly Hermione's hand shot up into the air, allowing (y/n) to drift off again. She still smelt that cologne: It wasn't as strong as before but it was still there, but the cauldron lid was shut -the potion wasn't the cause of it anymore.

***********************************

"Why does Granger think she's better than everybody else?" (Y/n) heard Draco Malfoy spat as she left potions. "She had to answer EVERY question?" He snarled sarcastically.

One of the boys that was walking besides Draco shrugged, "I don't know," he muttered.

"Filthy mudblood," Draco snapped, "thinks she's the smarter than everyone else just because she can answer an handful of questions on the first day of class."

(Y/n) stopped and a thought came into her head quickly "you know Draco if you have such a big crush on Hermione why not just ask her out?" She smirked nefariously.

Draco turned around instantly, and his jaw was dropped, "why would you think I'd like her?" Draco asked watching her closely, examining her movements.

(Y/n) shrugged "you just don't stop talking about her," she explained teasingly.

Draco clenched his fists and tightened his jaw "she is far from someone I'd ever go out with, (L/n)." He snapped.

(Y/n) shrugged again "whatever you say Malfoy." She sighed before turning on her heel and hopping onto the staircase as it swings by.

Draco just stood there, with Crabbe and Goyle behind him, all three completely dumbfounded.

***********************************

(Y/n) stepped into the Ravenclaw common room carefully and quietly. Most of the students were reading and studying, so (y/n) made her way up the stairs to the girls dormitory. She sat down on her bed with a loud sigh. Luna Lovegood poked her head out of the curtain that blocked her bed from the room.