{part 2} Chapter 6- Welcome to Hogwarts

The entire hall was silent. No one knew what to do, say, or even think. How could a muggle born be put into Slytherin? Half-blood's rarely got into Slytherin.

The new member of Slytherin slowly stood up and walked off the stage. Carefully approaching the Slytherin table she looked around at the other students. Everyone was staring at her.

(Y/n) looked over at Draco, and after a second he looked over at her too. Draco could tell what (y/n) was telling him just by looking at her expression: if you care about me you'll take care of her. Draco understood perfectly.

Draco stood from his seat and began to applaud the girl walking up to the table. Giving her a small smile and waving her over to come and sit by him. The other Slytherin's looked confused, but they soon began clapping too.

The girl suddenly seemed a lot more confident as she walked up and took a seat next to Draco. Flashing a small smile of appreciation as she sat down.

Draco glanced over at (y/n) again as he sat back down, she was smiling, and her eyes sparkled as they both looked at one another. She thought he was doing the right thing, and that was all that mattered.

************************************

The sorting ceremony continued on, moving past the No-Maj Slytherin almost as quickly as she was brought up, but she didn't leave people's minds. How could a No-Maj end up in Slytherin? It seemed impossible until now, it still seemed impossible.

When the ceremony was over and everyone stood up from their tables (y/ n) immediately jumped up from her seat and quickly walked over to Draco, who was still sitting at his own table.

"What's going on?" Draco asked as soon as he saw (y/ n) walking over to him, "did you know another No-Maj was coming?" He questioned, the sound of the term No-Maj was odd with his accent, making the word sound less like an insulting slur.

(Y/ n) shook her head, "I have no idea," she mumbled, "I didn't even know there was another American coming, much less another No-Maj," she promised.

Draco sighed, "well whatever she's here, now what?" He asked, "do you think the sorting hat was talking about... us..." he wondered aloud to (y/ n).

(Y/ n) raised an eyebrow in confusion, "what do you mean? Do you think the sorting hat was talking about us?" She retorted.

Draco stared over at the stage, where the sorting hat once was, "the pure and the poor, brought together by a link from before," he repeated the hats words, "it could have been," he stated.

(Y/ n) shook her head in disbelief, "whatever, we'll figure that out later, you need to protect her," she ordered, "she's like me, which means she won't fit in with the rest of the Slytherin's at first," she explained, "you need to make sure no one picks on her."

Draco nodded in understanding, "I'll take care of her, I promise," he stated. He brushed a small strand of hair out of (y/ n)'s face, "now go to your dorm, you have new housemates to meet," he smirked slightly before turning on his heel, his robe flowing behind him as he spun, and began to walk towards the Slytherin dorms.

(Y/n) stood there frozen for a moment as her brain slowly processed what had just happened. She shook her head to snap herself out of her trance before walking herself up to Ravenclaw tower.

*****************************************

"What's your name again?" Draco asked the new Slytherin girl who was awkwardly sitting on the couch in the dorms common room.

The girl bit the inside of her bottom lip nervously, "Maya," she stated, brushing her dark curly hair out of her face, "Maya Wells."

Draco nodded slightly in response to the girl's answer, getting lost in his thoughts for a brief second before pulling his attention back to the new girl on the couch. "I'm Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin Prefect," he stated.

The girl raised her eyebrow at Draco in confusion, "what's a prefect?" she asked.

Draco froze for a second, doing his best not to seem like a total ass when he answered her question. "Oh right," he chuckled, "you're from America, they don't have prefects over there," he shook his head, "a prefect is kind of like a class representative," he explained.

Maya nodded in understanding as Draco continued to explain the differences between British and American schools. He seemed to know everything that she was confused about even before she told him that she didn't understand. 

A group of Slytherin's walked into the common room just then, and they chuckled at Draco teasingly, "Looks like Malfoy's got a thing for girls with an American accent huh?" one of them joked to the other. 

Draco looked over at the three of them suddenly, raising an accusing eyebrow at them, "excuse me?" he tilted his head questioningly, "what did you just say about me?" he asked accusingly. 

The Slytherin rolled their eyes, "I think you heard me Malfoy, one American girl doesn't like you so you jump to the next one that strolls into the school, and both No-Maj's no less," they sneered and chuckled nastily. 

Draco stood up, "It's not like that at all," he stated, "I'm a Prefect, she's not only new to the school and the house, but she's also new to the country, I'm just doing my job," he growled at them. 

The Slytherin boy shook their head, "yeah right, like Draco Malfoy is one to ever do their job," they teased, "sell your lies somewhere else," they waved him off mockingly. 

Draco snarled at them, but Maya stood up and walked in between Draco and the other Slytherin boy that had walked into the room, "wait a second," she interrupted, blocking the two of them from each other, "you mean there's another No-Maj here?" she asked, glancing back and forth from one boy to the other. 

Draco didn't answer, instead he just stared blankly in front of him, not saying a single word. His eyes went cloudy as he stared at the air in front of him. 

Maya looked to the other boy questioningly, waiting to get an answer from someone. 

The other boy smirked, "of course there is, how about you have your Prefect go introduce you to her? I'm sure he'll know where to find her," he smirked. 

Maya looked back at Draco patiently, and Draco glanced up at her, not moving his head to fully look up at her, he took a deep breath, "yeah, I'll introduce you to her," he promised.