{Part Two} Chapter 5- Like a Bomb

The train arrived at Hogwarts like it normally did, with no delays as usual. Inside the train however, everything seemed to be a bit off: like the students didn't know what to expect once they got off that train. Despite that odd air everything else seemed normal. Luca had woken (Y/n) up not long before the train pulled into the station, everyone got on their robes, and, when the train stopped, all the students aboard began to file out. Hagrid was waiting to greet them like normal.

" 'ello!" Hagrid greeted (Y/n), Luca, and Ray with a warm smile, " 'ope the train ride w's good t'yuh," he stated.

(Y/n) smiled back at Hagrid in greeting, "it always is Hagrid," she promised.

Hagrid nodded in agreement, "say 'ello t' Newt f'r me (y/n)," he ordered, but (y/n) knew he didn't mean it like that.

"Of course Hagrid, I'll let him know the creatures here are still in good hands," she promised with another smile.

She waved to Hagrid as she walked on with Luca and Ray, heading towards the thestral carriages. Most of which were already full of students.

(Y/n) approached one of the thestrals at the head of an empty carriage. She smiled at the magical horse, reaching out her hand to lightly graze her fingers across his nose. "Mind giving us a ride to the castle?" She asked quietly.

The thestral whined in response, throwing its head back as if he were trying to nod at (y/n).

(Y/n) giggled before climbing up into the carriage, Luca and Ray climbing in behind her.

"You know everyone thinks you're crazy when you do that?" A voice asked from outside the carriage. (Y/ n) looked over and saw Draco standing there looking up at her, a teasing smirk on her face.

"Maybe you're the crazy one here Malfoy," another voice jumped in, climbing into the carriage and sitting next to (y/n).

"Shove off Potter," Draco snapped, "I don't see you asking permission to get in," he stated.

"I don't care what the other kids think Malfoy, I just want the creatures to know that they're cared about," (y/ n) stated, rolling her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest, "but if you're going to get in I'd do it now before they decide to leave you here."

Draco glanced between Harry and (y/ n), taking a quick deep breath through his nose as he took a small step back, "no, it's fine, you've got Potter to protect you, I'll just take the next one," he informed them before turning on his heel and walking away from the carriage and towards another one that Crabbe and Goyle were already sitting in.

Just as Draco walked away the thestral's connected to (y/ n)'s carriage began to take off towards Hogwarts' castle. (Y/ n) could see Hagrid on the lake with the first years, the enchanted boats moving a bit slower than the carriages. The lantern's lit up around the lake like stars in the sky, marking the location of each of the canoes.

The carriage arrived at the castle moments later, and everyone began to file out. On (y/ n)'s way out she petted the thestral lightly again, giving him a small and gentle smile.

"Thank you for getting us here safely," she whispered, "I'll make sure that they take good care of you," she promised before loosely waving to the magical horse and walking off into the castle.

When (y/ n) arrived at the great hall she quickly found a seat across from Ray and Luna and back to back with Luca. This was how they always sat in the Great Hall, ever since they met in their first year together. It was a tradition at this point.

The Great Hall quickly filled up most of the way with older students, and, once everyone had found a seat at their respective tables, the incoming first years soon came through the giant double doors.

(Y/ n) watched as the first years looked around the Great Hall in a mixture of awe and fear. She couldn't help but chuckle at their expressions, she knew exactly what they were feeling because she felt the exact same thing her first year at Hogwarts.

McGonagal went up to the stage and stood next to the sorting hat, and the entire Great Hall instantly went silent. The first year's stared up at the Headmistress curiously, it was clear to see who were muggle born in the group: they were the ones that looked the most confused.

The sorting ceremony began smoothly and quickly, just as it had every year. Even without Dumbledore there... Hogwarts was still Hogwarts. Well, at least most of the way.

(y/n) found herself glancing over at the Slytherin table, where she saw Draco watching the first years intently, mentally examining each one that got into Slytherin. Draco was facing (y/n), but he wasn't looking at her, and he had no clue she was looking at him.

"odd...." the sorting hat grumbled in curiosity.

The Great Hall went quiet again, and everyone stared at the sorting hat, which was sitting ontop of a young girl's head. The girl was very clearly nervous about the whole situation she was put in.

"I didn't think we'd get another one of you... what do you call them there?... No-maj.. hmm..." the sorting hat pondered to himself on the girl's head.

(y/n)'a attention snapped back up to the stage at the sound of the term 'No-Maj' was there actually another student like her? Was that.... possible?

(Y/n) wasn't the only one curious about the girl beneath the Sorting Hat, Draco also stared at her, his posture and expression claiming he didn't really care about what was going on on the stage, but the sparkle of wonder in his eyes told a different story.

"ah... yes... I see now, the prophecy has not been changed yet, you were always ment to show up here...." the sorting hat began to ramble.

(y/n) raised an eyebrow in the direction of that hat. What prophecy was he talking about? Harry's? why would this new girl have anything to do with that?

the sorting hat went on, "I see... you're supposed to link them together.. the pure and the poor... brought together by a link from before... that means there's only one place for you to go...." it stated, it's voice slowly growing louder as he went on.

Not a single sound could be heard in the great hall as everyone stared at the new American muggle born witch. Where could she possibly belong? Would she be another Ravenclaw like the first one? Or maybe she was more of a Hufflepuff. One things for sure... no one expected what the sorting hat said next.

then suddenly, echoing through the silent great hall like a bomb the sorting hat yelled out... "SLYTHERIN!"