{Part Two} Chapter Seven: The Warning Letter

Draco paced back and forth through the library as he waited patiently for (y/n) to make her way there; he couldn't get himself to sit still, it was like his legs weren't his anymore and they just had to keep moving. Maya was sitting quietly at one of the tables, her hands folded gently on the table in front of her, she looked around her and her eyes sparkled in awe, but she didn't make a single sound. The two of them couldn't have been more different in that moment, dark vs. light, the only similarities were that they were both in Slytherin, and they were both waiting for the most important person they would probably ever get to see in that school. 

Then she walked in. The libraries doors swung open like they were making way for a queen, and one step at a time she walked in like it was nothing, like the two people she was about to talk to weren't going to change her life forever. She had so much confidence in herself, it was strange, even though she normally was confident in herself you could almost never see it in her expression like this. This was something different completely. 

"You wanted to talk to me Draco?" (Y/n) asked curiously, she glanced at Draco before her eyes flickered to Maya sitting at the table, "you're the No-Maj that got here yesterday aren't you?" she asked, her gaze dancing from Maya to Draco. 

Maya stood up from her seat suddenly, as if she was about to bow to (y/n) and pay her respects, but she didn't of course, she just stood up and stared at her for a moment, "you're (y/n), the other No-Maj," she stated. 

"(Y/n)," Draco started, "this is Maya Wells, one of the Slytherin first years that arrived yesterday," he introduced her, gesturing towards Maya before turning to face Maya and mirror his movements to her, "Maya, this is (Y/n) (L/n), a Ravenclaw from the same year as me, and the most incredible witch you'll probably ever meet," he stated. 

(y/n)'s cheeks turned pink, "you don't need to lie to the girl just to try and compliment me, Draco," she stated, she extended out her hand to shake Maya's, offering her a warm smile, "It's nice to meet you Maya," she hummed happily. 

Maya shook her hand back, "it's nice to meet you too (y/n), Draco's told me a lot about you, it's good to know I'm not the only No-Maj here," she admitted, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly with her other hand. 

(y/n) chuckled, "same here," she smiled, "what part of America are you from exactly?" she wondered, raising an eyebrow at Maya with curiosity and tilting her head to the side slightly in anticipation. 

Maya glanced at the ground for a split second, "I, I'm from Detroit," she stated, she gazed off past (y/n) and stared blankly at the library behind her, "Michigan," she mumble, her voice trailing as her eyes went cloudy. 

(Y/n) nodded in understanding, "oh, I think I know where that is," she stated, she sat down at the table across from Maya and motioned for Maya to sit down as well, "is there something you were wondering about? Malfoy didn't give me many details when he asked me to meet you here," she explained. 

Maya sat down in her chair again, and Draco took the seat next to (y/n). (Y/n) glanced at Draco out of the corner of her eye as he sat down, she couldn't help but raise her eyebrow slightly at his actions, he seemed to be acting as though nothing happened. 

"She wanted to meet you..." Draco explains for her, rubbing the back of his neck and swallowing nervously, "you kind of got brought up in our conversation earlier in the dorms," he admitted almost sheepishly. 

(y/n) turned to look at Draco, her eyes sparkled with curiosity, and her eyebrow raised in confusion, but her lips smirked in confidence, she had the fire in her eyes again, "what were you guys talking about that introduced me into it?" she asked, almost teasingly, but not quite. It was clear that she actually was curious.