{Part 2} Chapter 4-Cursed Voice

"Thanks Luca," Draco mumbled, moving into the train car and sitting in the spot across from (Y/n) -next to Ray- sliding the door closed as he stepped in. Once he was seated he ran his fingers lazily through his hair, letting the strands fall haphazardly around his face. 

Luca smiled warmly at Draco in response to his thanks; then he turned his head to look back at (y/n), who was still staring at him in shock. Luca couldn't help but smirk at (y/n)'s expression, "you needed to talk to him at some point," he states quietly with a small shrug. 

Draco turned his gaze to look over at (y/n) now, raising an eyebrow slightly at her, "I'm sorry, you don't want me here," he states, noticing the look on her face, "I can try to find somewhere else to sit," he promises. He stands up from his seat and takes a half step towards the train cars door. 

"No," (Y/n) blurts, "you don't need to go," her voice goes quieter, just barely above a mumble, and she refuses to turn her eyes away from Luca: She's scared to look at him. (y/n) knows that if she looks at him again she won't have control anymore; without even realizing it (y/n) had begun to miss Draco more and more as those summer months went on, and now that he was only a few feet away from her, she didn't want to lose him again. Would she ever tell him that? Probably not. 

Draco turns back to her in shock, "are you sure it's okay?" he asked, his accent sounding even thicker than it had just a moment ago. 

Oh how that accent drove (y/n) crazy, weather she'd ever admit it or not, (Y/n) loved the sound of Draco's voice: the slight sarcastic tone that rested in almost everything he said, the pure British accent, she didn't know how to explain it, his voice was just perfect. Draco's voice made (Y/n) feel more drunk than any alcohol ever would. 

"Just sit down already Malfoy," (Y/n) spat, she turned her body so her back was resting against the wall on the door side of the train car, she tucked her legs up onto the seat so her entire body was facing Luca, and rested her head back against the wall, closing her eyes calmly. 

Deciding it was better not to argue, Draco reclaimed his seat next to Ray. The train car was quiet for a while: It seemed like the entire train was frozen in a terrifying silence, but then the train began to move and the sounds returned once more. 

It didn't take the boy's long to realize that (y/n) had fallen fast asleep curled up into her little ball like that. Luca chuckled, "she's like a little kid," he declares, shaking his head jokingly, "I swear she could fall asleep anywhere," he chuckled. 

Draco shook his head, "not anywhere, but she falls asleep really easily on different moving vehicles: trains, boats, that sort of thing, it was something to do with the movement of it, it was calming to her," he explains in an awkward ramble that he doesn't realize he went into. As soon as he does realize that he began to ramble on he suddenly clamps his mouth shut, his cheeks heating up in embarrassment. 

Luca found himself smiling at Draco's response, "it's good to know that you care about her," he informs him, "it makes me feel a lot better about trying to help get her talking to you again," he chuckles, scratching the back of his neck slightly. 

Draco looked at Luca in confusion, "what are you on about?" he questioned, tilting his head to the side in curiosity. 

A small and solemn smile spread across Luca's lips, "she still likes you, but she's upset and she's stubborn," he explains, turning his gaze to (y/n)'s sleeping form next to him, "I know that if I don't help her open back up to you she never will," he explained. 

"You're a good friend Luca, to both of us," Draco states gratefully, smiling to himself as he too looked down at (y/n), taking in her sleeping expression. She looked so peaceful laying there like that, like a child. 

Luca sighed, standing up from his seat, "here, I want to sit next to Ray," he stated, stepping over to Draco and Ray's side of the car carefully.

Draco looked up at Luca, a sparkle of confusion twinkling over his eyes, "oh," he glanced around, subconsciously swallowing the air in his throat before standing up and switching places with Luca. He turned and plopped himself back down onto the seat next to (Y/n). 

They were quiet for a while, no one really saying anything as the train drove through a dark tunnel, Draco turned to look out the window, watching as the world faded into black and then eventually faded back into the colorful blur that it had been before. 

(Y/n) stirred in her seat, shifting her weight around where she sat, and she hummed quietly as she moved. The sound that came from her sleeping form startled practically everyone that was sitting quietly in the car. 

(Y/n) moved and shifted her weight, she was no longer laying against the wall, and instead she was resting her head on Draco's shoulder. Draco stared down at her in shock, "is she still asleep?" he asked Luca in a hushed whisper. The volume of his voice showed that he was worried that if he got too loud it would wake her up instantly, which he definitely didn't want to do at that moment. 

Luca examined (Y/n)'s expression for a moment, "yup, sound asleep," he promised, flashing Draco a quick smile before sitting back in his spot, leaning back against the plush seat. 

Draco sighed gratefully, "that's good, I want her to get her rest, she obviously needs it," he states quietly. 

Luca nodded in agreement, "yeah, she's been awake since really early this morning, it's a long trip from New York, especially since she can't travel by magic," he explained. 

Draco nodded slightly, "yeah, I'm sure," he mumbled, then Draco wrapped his arm around (Y/n) and repositioned her so she was now laying her head on his lap. She almost immediately curled her legs up into a ball next to him, comfortably using his leg as a pillow. 

Just as everyone got comfortable again (Y/n) quietly hummed again, and Draco looked down at her, like he knew what was about to happen. 

"Draco...." (Y/n) grumbled quietly,  still completely sound asleep, she had no idea what had just happened around her, had no idea who she was now sleeping on top of, and that was clear to everyone sitting around her. 

Draco glanced up at Luca and Ray for a split second before quickly pulling his attention back to (y/n), and he was really glad he did, because if he hadn't, he probably wouldn't have heard what she said next. 

Even quieter than the first thing she said, (Y/n) tucked her head more into the ball form she was already in before mumbling into the nothingness that was the world of her dreams: "I'm sorry, Draco...." 

((So.... I'm back sort of... I've decided I'm going to upload a new part every other Friday for right now, I'll probably move up to a once a week schedule around Christmas but until then I have a lot I need to get done. I do enjoy writing this though so I'll do my best to update! Okay, thanks guys, hope you've enjoyed it so far))