《Part 1》Chapter 8-Occlumency

((hopefully I don't get sued by Disney with how many beauty and the beast references I've made in this part. I'm sorry! I just really like this movie! both versions, I love them both way to much... hopefully you like them as much as I do or this part may be a little annoying.))

(y/n) didn't tell anyone about what happened between Draco and herself. She kept that day, the things that were said, the things that happened locked behind the prefect bathroom doors. The only problem was that (y/n) wasn't as good at hiding her emotions as she thought she was.

"Hey, little Bowtruckle," Newt sat down next to (y/n), who was sitting on one of the few staircases at Hogwarts that didn't magically and scarily move around.

(y/n) closed her sketchbook that sat on her lap, enclosing the pencil in her book to save her spot on her doodle. "Hey Newt," she smiled at him as she turned to look up at him.

"what's going on little one?" he asked with a small sigh. He pulled out his journal and began to scribble some things down. It was his journal he used to keep track of his creatures and when he fed them and stuff.

(Y/n) shook her head, "nothing's going on," she stated, hoping she sounds believable enough to convince Newt, and herself, that she was fine and there was actually nothing wrong. Unfortunately, Newt saw right through her.

Newt raised an eyebrow questioningly, it was clear he knew she was fibbing, "come on, talk to me," he begged. He turned on the step to face her more so he could look at her while he talked, and that made (y/n) more nervous: now he could see her facial expressions and nervous quirks more easily.

Speak of the devil, (y/n) shyly rubbed the side of her arm and looked down at her lap. It was impossible for her to lie to Newt, he was like a big brother to her. "Well..." she sighed, "there's this... boy here... and I think he likes me..." she admitted.

Newt smiled to himself, "and this boy," he leaned forward over his lap, "tell me about him," he ordered calmly in a hushed tone, almost like he was actually giving (y/n) a choice.

"He has Magical Creatures Studies with me," she told Newt, knowing he would immediately remember all the students that had his class at the same time that she did. "He's a Slytherin." She swallowed and turned her head away.

Newt hummed in response, "this boy wouldn't happen to be the same one you gave the Aslan test to... would it?" Newt smirked. He knew he was right, he could read (y/n) like a book, even if no one else could.

(y/n) bit her lip, he knew. "well... yeah... because I wanted to know if he was really a bad person like everyone said he was, Aslan would have turned and thrown him off if he was..." she explained.

Newt sighed, "I'm not sure if that is what Aslan is actually doing, I don't think he cares if they are particularly a good or bad person in general." Newt sat back up and leaned against the wall, "I think, instead, Aslan's judgment is closer to whether the person is good or bad... for you."

(y/n) looked up at Newt in confusion, "what on Earth do you mean by that?" she asked squinting her eyes at him slightly.

"Think about it," he began, "all the people who Aslan has thrown off... they all ended up hurting you in one way or another... all the people he's let on have been some of your strongest and best relationships," Newt explained, a hint of wonder and excitement in his voice, but (y/n) couldn't tell if it was because he found out she had a crush or if it was because he was talking about one of his creature theories. Most likely that ladder.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

(y/n) was thirteen when she met Aslan, but it wasn't until she was fourteen that she let someone else ride him. The girl was her best friend at the time, they did everything together, and she was the first friend (y/n)'s age from the magical world. (Y/n) had already gotten on Aslan, and she was holding out her hand to help her up onto the unicorns back. Once (y/n) had pulled her friend up behind her, she lightly patted Aslan on his side, signaling for him to go, but the creature didn't go, instead, he stomped his feet and huffed angrily. (y/n) tried to calm the creature down but she couldn't, Aslan bucked up onto he back legs, throwing (y/n)'s friend to the ground. (y/n) didn't know what Aslan did, so she soothed the unicorn after her friend was thrown off, but she didn't try to ride him again.