《Part 1》Chapter 2-Liquid Luck

The Ravenclaw common room hustled with excitement, students of all ages ran back and forth between rooms, but (y/n) sat curled up on her bed with a book in her hands instead of joining in on the excitement. She read the words loosely, not fully soaking in every word but still understanding the story none the less. It wasn't hard to get pulled away from the pages when a first-year ran into her room.

"Have you seen it?" they asked, they were practically bouncing with anticipation.

(Y/n) shook her head, tucking a quill feather in between the pages of her book and placing it on her bed.

"Seen what Raymond?" She questioned in confusion. The person in front of her, they were born as a boy and looked like a boy with the uniform on, requested they be referred to as they and them because they were gender fluid, so that's what they became.

They started bouncing on the platforms of their feet, and they smiled an overexcited cheeky smile as they spoke, "Hagrid got a Hippogriff."

(Y/n) was the first to arrive at Hagrid's hut, and she rushed towards the half-giant the second she saw him exit the small shack.

"Hagrid!" She called waving her arms around "can I see him?" She asks skidding to a stop in front of him panting slightly.

Hagrid smiled at her "just like your brother I see miss (y/n)," he laughed and led her behind his hut were a stunning magical creature stood proudly.

Almost subconsciously (y/n) took a step forward, extending her hand out as she did so. She slowly bowed her head and the creature mirrored her, stepping closer to her and resting her hand on his muzzle. She smiled widely as she slowly stroked the nose of the creature.

Hagrid chuckled "he told me you two would hit it off right away," he stated as he dug an off-white envelope out of his pocket and handed it to her.

Her eyes widened as she looked back and forth from the creature to the letter in Hagrid's hands, to Hagrid, and around again. "You mean?...." she whispered in disbelief, "Buckbeak?" she smiled as she took the letter from Hagrid's hand and held it to her chest.

Hagrid smiled at her before handing a ferret to her, which she took and calmly fed to the hippogriff. 'I trust you know how to care for him," he stated "I'm going to go feed fluffy," he nodded and went back inside his hut to get food for the three-headed dog.

(Y/n) stayed with Buckbeak and softly petted his nose as she read over the letter she had received, she smiled at the familiar handwriting and quickly written signature, and she put the parchment into her robe pocket before fully turning to the great hippogriff that she had seen such a long time ago.

"hey miss (y/n)," Hagrid called coming back outside, this time with a large kettle in his hand, "I'm s'possed to have a few students coming down to learn about old Buckbeak here," he nodded at the hippogriff, "but I haf' to get this to Fluffy, could you stay here for a little bit while I take this to 'im?" he asked.

(y/n) nodded and smiled at the half-giant, "of course Hagrid, I'll take good care of him for you," she promised.

Hagrid nodded and smiled before beginning to walk towards the castle.

It wasn't long before more students showed up for Hagrid's lesson: The Ravenclaws seemed to trickle in first, shortly followed by Hufflepuff, then Gryffindor, and then Slytherin. (Y/n) noticed a few Slytherins glaring at her as they approached, probably because she was next to Buckbeack. Then suddenly an all too familiar Slytherin voice echoed through the crowd.

"what are you doing (L/n)?" Draco spat, "why are you petting that thing like it's your owl?" he chuckled nefariously as he crossed his arms over his chest.