Into The Years

Chapter 3: その年に

Age 1

Her daily life was started at the break of dawn. Yoshima, a matron, would arrive in a room filled with cribs, but she always picked her first. She was by far the easiest baby, and obviously the prettiest, said no one.

Being fed first had many benefits, the bottle was still the perfect temperature, full of formula and most importantly, packed full of mostly everything she needed to grow the fuck up. It was far beneath her to throw up, fuss, and other things a baby would do, so she was a much more docile compared to other babies. Once she was done with her breakfast in a bottle, she would wiggle her fingers before tickling Tamako's chest.

Tamako resorted to unimaginable methods to become the favorite of the matron, which meant she was the first to drink milk, meaning warm milk. She would be the one getting snacks, meaning more strength. The first to be cleaned, the first to put to sleep, the first of everything.

When the matrons' hands got close to her face, instead of munching on them, she grabbed them with her tiny pudgy hands and gave them her gummy smile. When they went to tickle her, she'd laughed and giggled, making sure she wouldn't go overboard and vomit like how many others have done.

After the small tickling session, she would gently place her down back into the crib and proceeded to the other younglings. After everyone was fed, she would take all the children out and let everyone interact with each other, and if Tamako was going to be completely honest, she didn't really want to 'get to know' the other kids, I mean, who wants to hang out with a drooling, slobbering baby? 

Besides, she'd have lived through the terrors already.

Rolling around trying to find a corner, bumping a few occasionally, before settling down and sitting up, with some difficulty, she proceeded to stare at her own pudgy fingers before flexing them, continuing that motion on both of her hand, completely fascinated and entranced with her own softness.

She was right handed in her last life, and do genetics effect which dominate hand becomes apparent? Or will her past experience dictate her future dominate hand, if it wasn't already.

She spotted two sticks in the corner of her vision and idea popped out. Well, what if I trained both hands equally? She thought curiously, prodding over the thought. Tamako picked up the sticks left on the ground and began to balance the two on both hands.

Then a window popped, interrupting her workout session.

[You earned +.5 DEX for your efforts!]

DING!

[A skill has been created to perform various actions with both hands naturally.]

Ambidextrous (Passive) Level: 1 EXP: 0.00%

-You are able to wield items and perform various actions with both hands naturally to some degree

Was it truly this easy to create skills just out of curiosity? It was definitely the [Gamer's Body] that was probably effecting her rate of skill induction. Not only would this skill give Tamako the edge against enemies, she would be able to  fight with 100% of her capabilities even if one arm is out of the game. She resorted to these two sticks as her time-consuming activity, spending much of her free-time devoted to these two sticks until the Matrons had accepted that Tamako found the sticks far more interesting than her fellow peers.

Then a boy, just a few months older than her, began to walk. It hit her, figuratively and literally when he faceplanted into her. In order to do anything, she'd need to walk. If she learned earlier? Even better.