Fūn-hime

Team 7 was, how to put it.

Strange.

After the whole Konoha Crush ordeal, Team 7 had mix feelings to see little ol' Tamako at Konoha's Gates. The girl smiled and waved, hopping from her spot, "Oi!" She waved faster, "Long time no see!"

"You!" Sakura and Naruto yelled in unison, pointing fingers at the periwinkle haired girl.

Tamako pointed at her self with a grin, "Me!"

"What're you doing here!? Don't tell me..." Naruto trailed off, getting into a defensive stanza, if you could call it that. "...you're here to mess things up again, aren't you—!" The blonde cut off with a yelp, biting his tongue when Kakashi appeared behind him and slammed his familiar orange book onto his head. 

"Now now Naruto, calm down. You may remember this Suna kunoichi from the Chunin Exams. She's here to participate in the Konoha-Suna joint operation."

The girl winked, holding up a peace-sign, "Thats me!"

Naruto whimpered, tears filling his eye, "B-but why her?"

Tamako frowned, holding her hands behind her back, "What, you didn't think we all had such good teamwork last time? I think we did quite good, taking care of Gaara-kun."

"That's besides the point, the Godaime and the Suna council has spoken and the decision is final. Get used to her." Kakashi gave his signature eye smile before turning to Tamako. "As commander of this mission, you'll follow my orders."

She saluted, "Of course, taicho!"

"Saate. Now that we have that  handled..." He walked forward, past the game without hesitation, "... off to the capital!"

The three genin groaned, quickly running to catch up to their aloof sensei.

Tamako flickered next to Naruto, taking out the scroll the council had handed to her and carefully read the mission details. Just a boring ol' protection detail of an actress. The kicker was the trek from Hi no Kuni's Capital all the way to Yukigakure. No doubt they'll take some boat. 

She stuffed the mission detail into her haori, making sure it disappeared into her inventory afterwards.

"So how have you three been? I don't see any chunin vests..." Tamako trailed off, a tease in her voice, tapping her's with a smug look.

Sasuke scoffed while Sakura chuckled nervously, "Tsunade-sama thought it would be best to keep a low profile..."

Tamako blinked, low profile? Then she drew the conclusion. Right. Akatsuki and Orochimaru. Is that why Tsunade assigned them off to another country? She glanced at Kakashi before meeting Sakura's eyes. "That's quite strange. I'm not so sure about Naruto, but Sasuke here is definitely Chunin level."

Naruto growled, throwing a fist into the air, "What'chu say? Say it again!"

Tamako grinned, sidestepping the swipe and jumped over the blonde boy, landing beside the much calmer, and broodier boy. "Chunin's are team-leaders. Naruto, I'm not saying outright that you aren't a team-leader, but when I saw your first course of action against Gaara was to slam a kunai up his ass, I already had you figured out."