Graduation

When the break ended and school started up again, she knew, by the evil looks Sensei had thrown everyone on the first day back in class, that they were planning something.

And that something?

Survival Exercise.

Last year, over one-hundred students had failed, losing points on lack of common sense such as being poisoned, eating something poisonous, drinking unclean water, nearly freezing to death, drowning, falling in sandpits— those who fell to such stupid things were eliminated and deemed to need another repeat year. That was about thirty-six students, or, twelve teams.

The other twenty-one students? Beaten in battle without showcasing a lick of skill. Most of it was her fault.

But to be subjected once again to such boring exercises.. dear god she would rather be in lecture about chakra and history than this again.

"Alright everybody." Sensei had this eat-shit grin that sent shivers down Tamako's spine. Please please please

"..Today we are going to have a fun activity." At the word fun, sensei's lips twitched. "We are going to separate everyone into groups of three, just like last year. Instead of the focus of survival, we are going to try something else."

Please, please please

"I'll be announcing your teams based on performances, skill and balance."

NO.

As ranked one in the grade, her likely teammates will be the lowest in the class and someone in the mid-high. If we take Team 7 into consideration, Sasuke was put to balance the difference in skill between Naruto, the dead-last, and Sakura the intelligence nerd who probably does sudoku for fun.

"Team 1: Katsumi, Morito Zenko, and Hoki Nanami

Team 2: Yamanoue Yoshimi, Inoue Itake and Kutsuna Takuma

Team 3: Asori Taya, Uta and Isaki Eriko

Team 4: Okasawa Aneko, Machi and Kiyoshi

Team 5: Tamako, Okura Kinji and Nakane Ginko."

There it was. Her deadlast, Okura Kinji.

"Everyone, please head outside in the training grounds, stay with your new group." Everyone complied with a few moans and groans, and soon enough, they had gathered outside with the other homerooms.

"Today we will be trying out team battles, that means you and teammates will have to work together to win. There will be three rounds. The first round will end when the sun hits noon."

"Uh sensei, before we start the rounds, could we talk to our teammates and devise plans?" A girl asked. Sensei nodded and continued,

"The first round will be 'Capture the Rag'. Each team will receive a small red rag that must be carried at all times visibly. You will be all fighting for each other's rags, once it is taken, you are out. The team with the most rags win. The teams who still have their rags can continue to the next round." Soft murmurs and whispers were heard.

"You may talk to your teammates for 15 minutes." 

She turned to her teammates before spitting out rapid questions, "Specialization, rank and other important relevant information we should know. Go."

Kinji answered first without waver.

"My specialty would be a sensor and shuriken jutsu. I'm not so great in close-combat though. My rank is 78 out of 150. In class, I am ranked 30 out of 30"