Konoha Crush

Tamako blinked, straining her ears as she gave Kaito a blank smile. "What?"

The man shrugged hazardously, eyes looking into the fast distance, not even giving her eye contact as he spoke. "Yeah, I'm not able to make it to the Chunin Exams, could you cover me?" 

Tamako facepalmed.

"Our Kazekage ordered us to carry out this invasion, you can't just say, I can't make it. " Was this guy serious?

Kaito narrowed his eyes, mouth strewn into an ugly frown. "Don't order me around, I'm your sensei." He sighed, shaking his head, "I've looked over your disrespect many times already. Just do me a favor, okay? I'll only be gone for the first 15 minutes." Without a moment hesitation, he poofed away and left Tamako to deal with the mess herself.

No doubt with this guy's track record, he's probably meeting up with a fling. With a hint of anger, she stomped her feet like a child, her fingers gripping the air. She'd never like that guy.

Tamako flickered away from the roof at the hotel they were staying and appeared at the team's shared room. With a single kick that rattled the door loudly, she shouted, "Get up! Exam day!" With another kick to ensure the two were awake, she ninja jumped away to the stadium. 

Today was the day. She blew hot air into her folded palms, heating them up. Clenching them, she crossed her arms and glared at the stadium.

Today was Konoha Crush.

. . .

"Everyone, thank you very much for coming to Konohagakure's Chunin Exams. We will now begin the "Final round" matches for the ten who made it through the preliminaries." Hiruzen concentrated chakra to the throat for his voice to echo, allowing everyone to hear his voice.

The crowd thundered in excitement. Genma took his time to explain the rules, in which Tamako quickly skipped.

"So, the very first match is Uzumaki Naruto and Hyuuga Neji. Just those two remain and the rest of you go to the waiting room."

The rest of the were ushered towards the waiting room, separating Tamako with the rest of the Suna genin. With a quick nod she sent to Kankuro, she followed Sakura and Shikamaru to the opposite side of the arena.

She noted the blatant ANBU that filled the arena, not even concealing themselves as a show of power. Unfortunately, Kiba didn't share the same sentiment and immediately began to blab about the amount of ANBU patrolling the area.

Tamako took a seat at the bench, closing her eyes to meditate. Her chakra swirled around her belly, slowly spreading out throughout her system. In the corner, she felt a Chunin who kept watch on them. She memorized his signature, just in case.

With a sigh, she opened her eyes and watched the fight. It was a little hard to see since they were so far away but she got the gist of it. Neji's taijutsu was far superior than Naruto's, his understanding of Gentle First nearly genius, but he looked down on Naruto.

Tamako would too. The boy barely won by farting on Kiba.

She went back to meditation, but kept her ears wide open. Each shout, scream, and even the overindulgence of clan secrets was heard. In the end, Naruto won at the scrape of the barrel, holding his fist wide high with a massive grin on his face.

Haruno Vs. Aburame

Tamako didn't really have high expectations. Shino was an accomplished Shinobi. He was smart, and there wasn't a lot of ways a civilian-born shinobi could counter his insects without having a large chakra-reserve to douse them.

The girl had a new outfit, much closer to the standard Jounin uniform with hints of her shades of red. No doubt Genma's work, if his smirk was any indication. The older man signaled start, and Sakura back-flipped a few distances back, pulling out two kunai for each hand in a reverse grip. With a single sign, she flickered behind Shino and maimed down.