Chapter 10

"Yuhunnie~!"

Yuhun turned to look at Chae from getting her things from her locker.

"Let's go to Science class already," Chae spoke.

"Sure, just wait. I'm getting my things," Yuhun said.

A few seconds later, Yuhun closed her locker gently and locked it, things on her hand.

"Leukemia is a cancer that starts in early blood-forming cells found in the bone marrow, the soft inner part of certain bones. Most often, leukemia is a cancer of the white blood cells, but some leukemias start in other blood cell types."

Yuhun can't stop thinking about what happened the other day. The first meeting at the park, the joyful shopping, the sweet food, the ridiculous roller coaster, the excellent fireworks show and finally, the perfect kiss.

"Any of the blood-forming cells from the bone marrow can turn into a leukemia cell. Once this change takes place, the leukemia cells no longer mature in a normal way. Leukemia cells might reproduce quickly, and not die when they should. These cells build up in the bone marrow, crowding out normal cells. In most cases, the leukemia cells spill into the bloodstream fairly quickly." Ms. Choi continued to babble. In fairness, Yuhun can't help listening to the young professor.

Yuhun just remembered that she was asked out again after classes. But for today's date, they would try to get along with each other and get to know each other.

"Some symptoms of leukemia are fatigue, and swollen parts of the body— Miss Park?"

Yuhun snapped out of her trance as she heard her name come out from Ms. Choi's mouth.

"Yes?" Yuhun spoke, as all eyes were on her.

"Were you listening?" Ms. Choi questioned. "I suppose not."

"I'm sorry," Yuhun apologized, but deep inside she was frowning.

"Okay, let's continue. Other symptoms also includes easy bleeding when scratched or bruised and..."

Yuhun dropped her bag as soon as Chae opened their dorm room, Yuhun sighing of tiredness.

"I'm tired," Yuhun blurted out.

Yuhun just finished her gym class, which was her last period of the day. Yuhun's gym class was hectic, running 10 laps around the school's grounds and playing soccer for one hour felt like hell that her extreme tiredness made her accidentally forgot about Mingyu asking her out for today.

"You need to take a quick shower already," Chae said, dropping her bag on her work desk. "Mingyu asked you out today, right? You gotta make it fast,"

"Oh shit—" And with that, Yuhun rushed to the shower.

Yuhun already left just a few minutes ago, and Chae was left behind at the dorm, doing her Chemistry essay on her own, at her work desk.

It was dead silent, before she heard rapid knocks on the door.

She jumped out of her seat and went straight to the door, the person in front of her was unexpected.

"Yuhun?"

"I FORGOT MY BUS FARE," Yuhun hurried to her work desk and looked for her wallet, immediately finding it soon and grabbed her own wallet. "Bye!" She exclaimed and went out the door.

"Be careful!" Chae said, being the concerned friend she is. Once Yuhun was gone, she was about go back to her work desk but ended up feeling nauseous again and immediately rushed to the bathroom.