Chapter 18

"YUHUN DEAR!" Her mom exclaimed and immediately hugged her.

"Eomma," Yuhun mutter.

"Why are you here? It's 7 in the morning," Her mom said. "What are you doing here?"

"Eomma, they have finally announced that our winter break starts from today," Yuhun answered.

"Ohh, so you would be staying here for awhile?"

Yuhun nodded.

"Where is appa?" Yuhun questioned.

"He had gone to work this early morning," Her mother answered. "Come inside, dear. We have seaweed soup for breakfast."

Yuhun pulled her luggage along with her and entered the house.

She settled herself and sat down in front of the dining table. There were breakfast meal prepared by her mom, the foods she always loved.

"Park Minghyun," Her mom called out from the kitchen. Yuhun flinched a little from hearing that name, which was her younger sister's.

The said female just went out of her bed room and headed to the dining room. She was so busy rubbing her eyes until she saw Yuhun.

"Um, hi? Minghyun?" Yuhun said shyly. She was awkward always with her younger sister when they meet each other after a long time.

"Oh my god!!! Unnie?!" She exclaimed.

"Aye, it's your sister Park Yuhun at your service," Yuhun grinned.

They started eating together with their mom as they started a joyful conversation.

"So Yuhun, how was school?" Their mother questioned.

"Tiring, but my hard work was worth it." Yuhun simply answered.

"And what about Chae? Where is she? Did she go to Japan where her family is working?" As expected of Yuhun's mom, Chae being a very close friend of Yuhun that the Park mom actually knew her.

Yuhun shook her head. "She went to China. She went there to undergo surgery."

Both her mom and sister turned to her. "Why?"

"It was all of a sudden to me to know that she actually has a Pediatric Leukemia." Yuhun added.

"Wow, how fortunate," Minghyun sarcastically said.

Yuhun softly hit her sister's elbow. "Yah, it's not funny. Do you know how much I struggled in Physics without her?"

"Anyways," Minghyun spoke. "I know this is all of a sudden but... I shall at least let my sister know that I'm a Carat."

Yuhun internally froze. Carat?

"Oh, so you're a fan of SEVENTEEN?" Yuhun tried to play casual.

"Yup, my friend introduced them to me. Andddd, my bias is, guess who?" Myunghyun smiled playfully. "It's Mingyu,"

Now all Yuhun wanted was the ground to swallow her whole and never come back to the living land of earth again.

"Oh," Yuhun let out a fake chuckle. "So your bias is Mingyu? That's great,"

Yuhun just casually played along. "Aju nice," she muttered to herself and internally frowned.

It was already night, and Yuhun decided to wash the dishes since she knew her mother and sister had grown tired of doing the house chores from everyday.

Yuhun left her phone on the dining table, and her mom happened to pass by it.

Somehow Yuhun's phone rang, and the screen showed Mingyu's caller ID. Without any difficulty but with curiousness, her mother headed to the dining table and checks on her phone.