Chapter 13

Yuhun quickly went to the respective hospital where her friend was sent to.

She arrived and hurried to where her friend was. She opened the door of a room and there she found Wonwoo and Chae, currently unconscious and lying at the hospital bed.

"Good evening," Yuhun greeted and bowed to Wonwoo, and he did the same.

"How is my friend feeling?" Yuhun questioned. "Is she alright?"

"She's not in a critical state," Wonwoo answered. "Yet it seems dangerous and we need to be alert whether she have reacher her final stage."

Yuhun just kept on a blank face. Final stage?

"You're confused aren't you?" Wonwoo assumed.

Yuhun just nodded.

"Well I can explain—"

The door all of a sudden opened, and the doctor went in.

"Sorry to interrupt, but if I may talk to Mr. Jeon first," He slightly nodded his head to Yuhun.

"It's okay, go ahead." Yuhun forced a smiled.

"So Mr. Jeon, Ms. Kim is currently in a stable condition. Her illness is a treatable one, so I can recommend a treatment." The doctor spoke.

Wonwoo kept nodding while Yuhun just furrowed her eyebrows, not understanding anything.

"Stem cell transplant will be the easiest treatment for her." The doctor added.

"So we'll have to use that method as her treatment?" Wonwoo questioned.

"Yes." The doctor answered.

Yuhun frowned, confused. What?

"She needs to undergo treatment in China. There's a low chance as to where her body would reject the transplant." The doctor continued.

"Thanks a lot, doctor-nim," Wonwoo bowed.

"Make sure to look after her and I hope you would agree to my suggestion since it's the best one so far. Make sure to contact Miss Kim's parents,"

"Yes, I will do so," Wonwoo said.

After that, the doctor nodded and walked out of the room.

It was an awkward silence at first, before Yuhun broke it and spoke.

"What was that?" She questioned.

"It would be rude of me if I just say it out actually. I suggest you think of the weird happenings involved her between you two." Said Wonwoo.

Yuhun thought for awhile.

'Easy bleeding. Yes, she easily bleeds whenever she gets scratched or bruised. Wait. Was she vomiting back at the rest room? She had abdominal pain this morning and cannot go to classes. When I found her unconscious,  there were pills. Were those pills for her illness?'

Yuhun thought for more.

'Last week, she had fatigue and wasn't able to do our Biology report so I ended up doing it myself for her. Last week also, she didn't have appetite. She even lose a lot of weight.'

"Have you guessed it?" Wonwoo spoke and broke the silence.

"I noticed some symptoms. But what is her exact illness if I may ask?" Yuhun replied.

"Chae has pediatric leukemia," Wonwoo admitted. "Yes, she have pediatric leukemia."

Yuhun widened her eyes. "She has pediatric leukemia?"

Wonwoo nodded. "She didn't want to tell anyone. Well, as a close relative, I would of course know."

"What were those pills for?" Yuhun asked, referring to the pills she saw.

"Pills for her illness, to be exact. I think she was supposed to drink one in the morning and needed sleep but I think she went too far. I guess she was overdosed." Wonwoo sighed.

"... So for treatment, she needs to undergo one in China?" Yuhun questioned.

"Yes, but I still have to inform her parents, or rather my aunt and uncle." Wonwoo said.

Yuhun frowned, again.

Mingyu opened the door of their dorm and went inside.

At the living room he saw the performance unit watching a romance movie. They noticed him walk in, as Mingyu walked towards them and kind of joined in the watching.

"So, is Wonwoo's cousin okay?" Soonyoung questioned.

"Yuhun didn't text or call me yet," Mingyu answered. "I think she's still taking information from Wonwoo."

"I see. She's a carat, right?" Chan spoke. "I wonder who does she like the most among us?"

"According to Wonwoo, she's unloyal but," Mingyu replied. "I can't even believe Soonyoung is her pick,"

Soonyoung looked at him with wide eyes. "Seriously? Me?"

Mingyu nodded and sighed. "Yeah,"

Soonyoung cheered and beamed. "I'm glad to know another fan,"

"Hyung, there's the scene you've been waiting for," Minghao spoke, talking to Soonyoung.

They all looked at the screen which showed a kiss scene between the sweet couple, as Junhui tried covering Chan's eyes while Soonyoung cringed in the good way.

Mingyu sighed. "I wish me and Yuhun will be like that too," he mumbled.

All the four looked at him. "What did you say?" Soonyoung questioned.

"Uh nothing, did you hear me at all?" Mingyu shrugged.

"No," Soonyoung lied, since he's the one who's closest to the tall boy.

"Okay fine," Mingyu shrugged. "I'll be going upstairs and sleep now, alright?"

And Mingyu went to do so, leaving the performance members alone and continue watching.

They looked at each other.

"Did Mingyu just meant he wanted to kiss his girlfriend?"

"Oh my god,"

I updated this while waiting for their weekly idol live which will be airing at 6pm KST and 6pm KST is 5pm here in my place and it's now 3:58 pm but I need to charge right now I only got 22%—

Jisoos Krist bless me—