S1 « Hitting the Fan » #Ep 6

Christopher Jr Pov:

Wasn't sure what happen last night with Cameron blowing up the way he did. That was honestly the first time I've seen him react so aggressively.

Maya has been real short with me since we've Woke this morning. She sat with her feet folded watching TV at the other end of the couch.

Cameron walked passed the stairway not speaking as he headed towards the kitchen. Reaching for my empty bowl as I got up catching up to him.

He opened the cabinet door grabbing his box of cereal as I stood by the kitchen entrance.

Cameron didn't bother to Acknowledge me as I cleared my throat several times. "So we're not speaking now?" the look he gave me I could have sworn he cursed me through his eyes.

"I have nothing to say to you Christopher" he calmly spoke. Which was a front, cam never calls me by my first name. "You're lying" I stated as he let out a soft chuckle. "Something you should be us too" he stated bumping into my shoulder walking pass me.

"Cameron!" I grunted pulling his collarbone towards me. "You can't walk around here and not speak to me, we're brothers" I mumbled as he glared into my eyes. "By adoption, you're nothing to me Christopher." He scoffed shaking his head jerking away from my grip.

"I'm the brother that's been there for your ass every time something happen, defending you nigga, and you're seriously going to throw that in my face" I objected walking in front of him. "Don't you ever say that shit to me again" I groaned standing in his face.

"Everything I do, I do it to protect your punk ass" I groaned pointing to his head as his eyes started to water. "You walk around this place like everything suppose to be picture perfect, look at my fucking life" I yelled. Maya grabbed my arm pulling me back as I felt my emotions building up.

"I'm the one dealing with this alone, not you bro. Not once did y'all ever look at me and ask me how I feel being raised by two man and having a brother that's gay. Everything isn't about you Cameron. Welcome to adult hood bruh" I grunted pulling away from her as I walked up the stairs.

"Did you really have to do that Jr?" She stated standing by the door with her arms folded. "Maya I don't want to hear it" I mumbled as she kelp talking. "MAYA!" I yelled. "Leave it alone aight" I stressed looking for my car keys.

"Where are you going?" She asked as I heard them giggling in her hand. "Getting out of this house before I hurt him" I swore walking up to her. "Maya bae" I sighed controlling my frustration. "Let me be angry, just give me my keys" I mumbled.

"I'm going with you than" she implied walking pass me. I didn't have the patience to argue with her so I didn't bother to debate about it. She stood by the door waiting for me to walk out.

Cameron Pov:

" . . . Oli . . " he continued to talk over me. "Cam I'm busy at the moment with my pops" he whispered. "I really need you rig. ." He interrupted. "Bae I gotta go" he muttered before my phone beeped three times notifying me that the call ended.

Sighing as I screamed into my pillow. Everything about this morning annoyed me, the thought of his voice ached my ears hearing those words from Jr mouth. Not once in a million years would I have thought Jr would be the one I have this fight with. It's great to know what he really feels about our family.

And it's just my luck to have a boyfriend who clearly doesn't care about my problems nor our relationship. Heavily sighing again leaning up from my bed scrolling through my iMessage thread.

. . . . His phone rung a few times as I waited. "You've reached Francisco sorry I missed your call but you know what to do. His voicemail beeped as I hanged up the phone. My phone rung as his name popped back up on my screen.

"Wasn't expecting to hear from you"

"I know am I interrupting anything? You sound busy"

He spoke in Spanish before he acknowledged my question. "With family, thought you were calling to wish me a happy birthday "

Guilt covered my face as I sighed. "My apologies Francisco, Happy Birthday, I'm sorry" sighing again.

"Thanks you, what's your reason? You don't sound too well ?"'

He was right. My voice was shaky as I held the phone drying my eyes. "It's your birthday I don't want to worry you with my problem."

He chuckled in my ear as I heard someone in the background speaking in Spanish to him. He replied a few times.

"Sorry about that, birthdays are important to my family."

He was interrupted again as I heard music being played in the background. I could hear is voice as he was speaking to someone.

"Sorry"

"It's okay it's your birthday I should let you go"

"Hey umm, if you're not too busy later I can come pick you up and we can finish this talk ?"

"No it's okay, it's your birthday. You deserve to be happy all day not sad and depressed listing to me" I sniffled as my eyes were clearing up.

"No I want too, I can be there at 5, just a heads up you'll be meeting my family. Nope you can't cancel now"

His laugh made me smile as I agreed. "Okay you win" I chuckled. "I'll see you later I guess" I mumbled before he hung up.

• • •

Christopher Jr Pov:

Maya sat looking at me waiting for me to speaking as I chewed my food. "Would you like to explain your little homophobic rant you went on?" She asked.

"I'm not homophobic" I whispered bunching my face up at her as she smirked looking at me. "Jr. It's never been my place to tell anyone how to act or feel, but I do see the way you looking at the gay boys at our school. Not to mention every time Cameron goes out with us in public you always tell him to ' act normal ' you don't think that's offensive?" She implied leaning forward grabbing my hand.

"You don't understand Maya. What's it's like having a gay brother. . ." She spoke over me. "My cousin Andy is gay" she grunted looking at me as I was shocked a little. "Wait how he doesn't seem" pausing mid- sentence realizing what I've done.

"I didn't know Cameron was gay until you told me" she softly spoke rubbing my hands. "You're brother is one of the sweetest guys I know, Cameron is smart, he's handsome. He carries himself so well, and he respects you Christopher. What more do you want from him?" She pointed out as I had my head down.

"I messed up" I mumbled as she nodded her head at me. "You were wrong, Cameron is just as normal as all of us. How do you think that makes him feel when you tell him to act normal when he's already normal bae. He looks up to you, and once you lose that Bond with him there's no going back" she said as the waitress approached us with the check.

"Do what's right" she insisted.