S2 « Black Pavement . Part I . » #Ep11

Christopher Jr. Pov:
[6:45 am]

Jordan sat in the living room as I sat at the bar eating breakfast. The news was on as he looked back at me.

"Did your brother come down stairs?"

Shaking my head 'no' as I took another spoon full to the mouth. "You know Cameron moved a little slow in the morning".

Jordan "mhmph'd" as he turned back towards the television. "Well I'm about to get going, can't be late for school" I said tossing my bowl into the sink.

"Cameron isn't riding with you? It's seven o'clock. The bus came thirty minutes ago"

Now that I think about it, jordan is right. Turning around as I kicked the door close with my feet.

"I- will get him"

Skipping upstairs two at a time as I quickly walked down the hall, once I made it to his door I did our secret knock so he knew it was me.

"Cam, c'mon bro"  I yelled, but no response as I knocked again. "I'm leaving" I yelled knowing that would get his attention as I rushed back down stairs.

Jordan yelled my name as I was walking out the door. Sighing as I dragged my way back. "Is he coming?" He asked as I shrugged. Jordan yelled Cameron name as his voice echoed through the house scaring me just a little.

He tossed his MacBook to the side as he got up from the couch. "This damn boy". He walked up as I followed behind him laughing.

"Cameron" he yelled beating on his door. "Cameron open this damn door" he yelled again before walking pass me. "I'll get it open" I said walking in my room grabbing the butter knife I had on my dresser.

Jordan was still in his room as I picked at Cameron lock finally pushing the latch back as it popped open. "Got it" I yelled as he walked towards their door.

"Cameron bro come o. ."

"DAD"

I yelled rushing over to Cameron who was face down on the floor. "JORDAN" I screamed again as he came rushing into Cameron room. It was dark in his room as I turned his body over.

I noticed blood as Jordan turned on the light rushing back down the hall. "Don't move him Christopher" he panicked yelling.

"Cameron bro" I mumbled nervously looking around. It wasn't a weapon near, and I knew he wasn't that crazy to take his own life.

"Check his pulse" jordan said as he held the phone up to his ear. "He's breathing I think" I nervously replied. "Jr." He heavily sighed walking over to me as he bent down.

He titled Cameron head checking. "It's shallow ma'am, my husband is chief at the Texas medical center. Just send someone quick please" he nervously said holding Cameron head.

"Call Your Dad" he patted my shoulder as I quickly reached for my phone dialing his number.

The phone rung but no answer. I tried calling again, but the same thing. "No answer" I mumbled to Jordan as he was waiting on the phone for the ambulance. "Call his floor front desk, it's written on the fridge downstairs. On the yellow paper" he yelled as I rushed down the stairs.

Nervously dialing the number as my patient grew thinner and thinner every second the phone rung.

["Houston Methodist Hospital, Heart and vascular institute. Rodney speaking, how could I help you"]

"Can you transfer me to my dad?"

["can I get your name please?"]

"Christopher"

I replied as there was a knock on the door. I quickly rushed over opening the door. "He's upstairs with my dad, last room on the right" I pointed guiding them.

["hello Christopher? Is you Dad a patient here?"]

"What? No. . No, my dad is Christiano. He's not answering his personal phone, please just transfer me" I begged.

]"Let me try paging him, is everything okay?"] He asked as I watched them strap Cameron onto this things transporting him. Jordan rush passed me walking into their room.

I noticed him quickly changing. "No, something is wrong with my brother. Can you please just get him sir" I groaned trying to remain calm. "Go start my car" Jordan handed me his keys rushing back down to Cameron room.

["He's in surgery at the moment. Would you like for me to leave him a message?"]

"What? A message? Sir my fucking brother could be dying right now. Can you pull him out? GET ME ON THE PHONE WITH MY DAD!?" I yelled.

[" I know you're concerned, try to stay calm, I'll page through as an emergency. Please hold"]

They carried Cameron down as Jordan pushed me forward right behind him. He spoke with one of the woman that was connecting Cameron to this pump. "Just follow behind us" she said as Jordan closed the door.

He quickly set the alarm rushing towards the garage door. I twisted the lock closing the door behind me as I got into the passenger side.

The line was still clear as I sighed.

"Jr. This better be damn important" he groaned at me. "Cameron is being rushed to the hospital, we're behind the ambulance right now" I quickly spoke.

"Where Your Dad?" He asked as I extending  the phone out to Jordan. "Put it on speaker" he said as I did so.

"Hey babe" Jordan loudly spoke as he was pushing it. His dash board read 90 as he had his bmw in sport mode. "What happen? Is he okay?" Chris asked.

"He was breathing, but abnormal. There was blood but I don't know where from. " Jordan voice started to crack as he tried to relax his nerves.

"Chris I DONT KNOW" he yelled, as he asked questions back to back. "Dad everything happen so fast, we don't know what happen. I found him unconscious" I spoke putting the phone up to my ear as Jordan turned hard into the parking lot.

"They should be rushing him up. We're here" I said as he told me to keep my line clear. The line cut as Jordan had already jumped out the car running behind them.

"Park the car" he yelled as they rushed into the door. 

« To Be Continued »