S3 « All i Do » #Ep 5

| 33 Days Left Of Summer |

Christopher Jr. Pov:

The sunlight shined through maya room as her leg was intertwined with mine. Her hair covered her face as her face rested on my chest. Softly cuffing her head as my fingers trailed the side of her head.

She let out a relaxed moan before she yawned cuffing my side. She chuckled as we both listened to my stomach growl. She made her way from the bed checking on Alvarò. She gently picked him up as she nodded at me to follow her.

She smiled at me as she stood beside me brushing her teeth, while holding Alvarò in the other.

Watching her adapt more to him was all i could ask for. We both knew this would be hard, but his face brought both of our families joy we didn't think would ever exist.

Rising my mouth as i grabbed him from her arms. He slept at peace, not one concerned covered his face.  Never thought I'd be the one standing here with a child, but here i am. I never understood parenting, nor what it meant until now.

Growing up i hated the lectures jordan and Chris would give me. Although i knew they meant well, but i never understood the purpose until now.

A piece of me is now walking this earth. Having him out of my sight concerned me although i knew he was safe. I now understood the sacrifices my parents made to give us the life we have.

And for that, i am extremely blessed to have the support they give. Maya stood beside me as we both changed and cleaned him up. Her smile grew wider everyday that we spent together.

Which gave me the clarity i needed to give her the fairytale ending she wants. "What?" She giggled smiling at me as i took in all of her beauty. "You're beautiful that's all" i mumbled as she cuffed her hair behind her ear picking him up.

"He's the beauty" she smiled walking towards the door as i followed behind. The hallway filled with the scent of mixed breakfast and fruit.

The wooden stairway chilled the bottom of my feet as we spiraled Down into the entrance of the house. We walked towards the kitchen as maya mom stood there mixing batter and cooking on the stove.

"I was trying to have everything ready before you guys woke" she spoke looking up at us as we both sat at the island of the kitchen.

"It's fine mom, you want help?" Maya asked as her mom waved her no as we both laughed. "I didn't hear him last night?" She asked looking at us both.

"He slept so peaceful. We've been using the air purifier, so i think it's working perfectly" maya said as she rocked him in her arms.

"I can tell, look at your skin girl" her mom smiled looking back at me. "Jr. You know you can stay home some nights throughout the week. We don't want you to feel hostage" she spoke as she poured the mix into the waffle maker.

"I can never feel trapped here, I'm with two of the most important people in my life" i spoke as she nodded her head placing two plates in front of us.

"I'm glad you said that" she winked as maya was getting up. "I'll help" her dad said grabbing her plate as he walked with her and the baby towards the table.

"So what's your next step?" She asked as i silently laughed. "I've been doing a lot of thinking" i said as she did this dance moving closer to me.

"I had to be sure" i mumbled looking over at them. "She's gotten so much better with him. I can feel the love, it gives me chills at time" i mumbled as we both chuckled.

Her dad walked back into the kitchen as her mom pulled him closer. "So with both of you guys blessing" i said as her Dad eyes popped open.

"Are you-" her mom stopped him as she smiled from ear to ear walking around the bar-island. "You absolutely have my blessing Christopher." She mumbled hugging me.

Her dad didn't look too excited about the news, which i understood. Maya is his only daughter. "I will wait for marriage, but i want to promise her my commitment forever. So steps towards marriage" i added on as her Dad cuffed my shoulder.

"You have my blessing son" he mumbled as maya peaked over at us. "So I'm going to eat alone?" She questioned as we all laughed.

Her mom finished up the little she had left to cook as we made our way to the table. Everything was laid out as we sat eating.

Her mom looked over at us staring as maya turned to me a little freaked out. "What did y'all talk about?" She asked as i laughed. "Mom are you okay?" She asked out loud as her dad smiled at her.

"Yes, you guys just remind me of young us. It's really beautifully to see how far time has come. This" she said pointing at us. "Is what equality looks like, embrace it, it's so important that Alvarò know all his family and where he comes from." She said as she started to get emotional.

She laughed patting her tears away, "awe mom don't be sad" maya mumbled reaching for her hand. "I'm not sad, I'm just happy for you. You're going to bring so much change to this family" she smiled as maya handing Alvarò to me. She scooted back walking towards her parents hugging them.

• • •

C H A P T E R S O U N D T R A C K

A L L ' I ' D O

Y U N A

C H A P T E R S the A L B U M

• • •