S1 « Possible one » #Ep13

Christopher Jr Pov:

[ Reach Out by Toulouse] played over and over in my head as Maya sat balled up in my lap. For the third day in a row she has cried her eyes out.

There weren't any right words to confer her. This was a feeling I couldn't relate too, but the pressure was on. Her pain was my pain and this was something we both felt.

She did tell me her menstrual cycle became heavier. Honestly I didn't know what that meant until she stopped mentioning the possible pregnancy.

Miscarriage I concluded two days ago, she speaks of me, and tell me not to worry it was for the best. Which I have to somewhat believe that this happened for a reason.

Picking her head up, pushing her hair over her shoulder. "I love you, baby or not" I softly, but strongly spoke. "I'll be here until the end" I advised kissing her forehead.

She didn't speak as she climbed into my arms, forcing me to my back. She cuddled her head underneath my neck, her legs wrapped mine as I instantly pulled her closer to me.

The rain fell from the sky as it lightly bounced upon my ceiling window. I could feel her breathing on my chest as chills covered my body at every exhale. Jordan have mentioned to me and Cameron multiple times, to never question gods doing. Believe in our faith and destiny and know he's guiding us into the right direction.

A couple of hours passed as Maya remained asleep. Easing her body to the side as I slowly glided my arm from underneath her. Night was rolling in as the backyard lights flickered on.

Jordan and Chris were both sitting in the living room watching 'The haves and Have Nots' as I stood between the end tables. "What time are you taking Maya home?" Jordan asked looking over at me as I sat in the single chair.

Twirling my fingers with the rubber band I'd found on the table. "She's still asleep, but I will soon" I sighed leaning back in the chair. Jordan gave me the okay as his attentions turned back towards the tv.

"So we're not going to discuss what's going on between us?" I asked looking over at my dad. "Discuss what Jr. What more do you want me to say?" From his remark I knew the conversation was over before it started.

Rising up from my seat. "Sit down" he groaned at me as the tv muted. "You walk down here demanding a conversation that we need to discuss, let's talk" he retorted giving me the look I'd hope not to see.

"I'm just saying it's not fair for me to feel like an outsider now because of the way I feel, I didn't mean to offend you nor jordan, pops . . ." I sighed as he stood up. "You didn't mean to, but you did" he calmly but aggressively spoke.

Jordan gave me that 'uhoh here we go' look as I leaned back in my seat. "I've told you before you have every right to feel the way you do son, you live under our roof, you drive a car we bought, you eat food we prepare, you have clothes on your back that we pay for, and you have the nerve to look at me and tell me you don't support the lifestyle we live because of your own insecurities. . Ha" he paused with his arms folded across his chest.

"Dad it's not that I don't support it, it's just hard dealing with at times. Like . . . C'mon, you're acting like I shouldn't feel this way, we all have moments where we feel how the public looks at us. It's normal for me to feel this way" I semi argued back as jordan sat with his head tilted back on the couch.