S3 « Amending Family » #Ep 6

| 26 Days Left Of Summer |

Cameron Pov:

Chris sat bothered and uncomfortable as me and jr Aunt Debra walked into the living room alongside Jordan. She smiled once she seen our face.

I'd yet to understand where she come from and why is she making it a big idea to meet us after so long. There were so many pending questions on both sides.

"WE- will leave y'all here to talk" jordan spoke looking directly at Chris as he stared at Debra for a minute. He nodded his head getting up walking towards the garage.

Jordan didn't say anything, as he shook his head with a slight eye-roll. "I'll be upstairs if you guys need anything" He spoke as he walked off.

Jr and i both turned back staring at her as she removed the scarf, that wrapped around her neck.

"I'm not sure where to start" she nervously chuckled as she cleared her throat. "You both have grown up, so handsome" she pleaded as jr shuffled beside me.

"Jr. Your mom would be so proud of you" she said as he chuckled shaking his head. I hit his knee with mine as he looked up at her. "My Dad told me what your parents did" he blurred out as she took a deep swallow.

"Christopher i can't, and i won't defend the mistakes of the past. They saw a opportunity and they took it" she said as she moved closer towards the edge of the couch. "I'm not saying that opportunity was right, it was the worst thing they could have done" she sighed sincerely.

Her hand covered her heart as she looked at us both. "For seventeen years you've crossed the mind of your love ones. Same for you Cameron." She said as jr shook his head.

"That's bull man" he muttered. "We Stayed in San Francisco for years, and not once did y'all try to reach out" he spat standing up.

"You not about to fill my ear with this sob story, c'mon, y'all let Cameron get adopted, put into a foster home for three years, nahhh, I'll save you time. I'm out bro, love you" jr shook his head walking away as the room got quiet.

"That's Jr." i chuckled to lighten the mood. "He's right" she sighed looking into my eyes. "After my parents took all that money from your dads parents, i felt shame to reach out. How do i call to ask for my nephews when my parents purposely pushed Christopher away.

"And your Mom" she sighed as she patted underneath her eyes. A sniffle escaped her nose as she tilted her head at me. "She was suffering in away we didn't know how to help" she teared up.

I noticed Chris standing by the garage door, but i didn't react to his hidden presence. I watched as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"That was the main reason why my parents did what they did to get the money, it was wrong, but they had no other option. Your mom was losing her mind completely. For years my parents tried to help her the best way they could" she sighed drying her eyes.

"The money wasn't used to have a better life, but to fix her life" she cried out as Chris Peaked around the corner. I knew this was a conversation he needed to hear, which is why i didn't alarm her that he was listing.

"The treatment helped for a while, she was released, she was healthy, she got her GED, she wanted to do hair" she chuckled drying her tears. "She truly had a heart of an angel Cameron, than she found out she was pregnant with you" she mumbled.

"You're father was truly the light she needed" she spoke before her eyes teared up again. "He helped her pick back up with life. He cared deeply for her, he was so excited to become a dad" she smiled causing me to smile as my emotions built off hers.

"We don't know what happen, after she gave birth to you, the medication caused her to relapse and she crashed hard. It was frighting to witness her lose her mind again." She cried out as she covered her mouth.

"We let her go" she shook her head looking away. "We killed her by not supporting her" she mumbled patting her eyes. "I let my sister take her life, and i live with that everyday" she cried as my emotions began to pour forward.

"We thought. . . " she mumbled getting up approaching me as she dropped to her knees. Her head fell into my lap as she cuffed my hands. "We thought she killed you" she cried looking into my eyes.

"She came to my house, covered in blood, screaming 'i did it' 'i did it' 'He's with god' 'my baby is with god' " she cried cuffing my face. "She resisted the poem my mom use to read to us before bed time, i didn't understand the message she was giving". Her voice cracked as a tear fell from my eyes.

Chris walked closer to the living room as she held her face. "She told me she loved me before the gun went off" she scuffed as she started to shake in my lap. Chris bent down rubbing her back as i sat with my hand covering my mouth.

My stomach slowly turned as i stood to my feet. I noticed Jordan standing by the steps as i became light headed. "Cameron sit" he mumbled grabbing me as i stumbled.

"I thought he was dead" i heard her cry out as i turned my head to Chris holding her. Jordan dried my eyes looking at me. "I had know idea Cameron" he mumbled as i fell into his chest.

I felt a set of arms cuff my shoulder as Jordan held me up. "Before she died in my arms i promised her that i would search for you" She sniffled. "This is for you" she mumbled handed me two rings. "These were your parents, they belong with you" she mumbled.

"Thank you" she mumbled to Jordan as he had his arms wrapped around me. "Take care of yourself Cameron" she whispered kissing the back of my head before she walked off.

"I'm so sorry" Jordan mumbled as i sat down in the chair staring at the rings that rested in the palm of my hands.

The front door closed as Chris made his way around the corner. My eyes watered as he bent down in front of me.

"Look at me" he whispered as i took a deep swallow drying my face. He balled my hand up as they cuffed the rings. "I had no idea" he mumbled almost tearing up himself. "I'm sorry" he whispered as i hugged him.

"They thought i was dead" i mumbled before my eyes filled with tears.

| C H A P T E R S O U N D T R A C K |

« M O S E S S U M N E Y »

| D O O M E D |

| A R O M A N T I C I S M |