S2 «Ready or Not » #Ep6

•Prep Rally •

Cameron Pov:

The band played along to the instrumentals of [ HalfTime -  Ying Yang Twins ] as the cheerleaders danced along to us all walking in. This was the first time freshman's were aloud to be on the main campus.

There's usually two separate prep-rally's, but Im guessing since both our Basketball Team and soccer team made playoffs this year, we're celebrating as a school.

This was actually the first time our band playing anything within the urban industry. It was pretty funny watching half the white girls in the bleachers dance off beat.

We were directed to sit in terms of our classification with our graduate year posted at the front of the row. It was weird being over here as a group, but I'm sure the girls were happy to see upper classmans.

"There you go" Francisco whispers in my ear as he approached me from behind with his soccer jersey on. For some reason I couldn't stop smiling as he chuckled. He rubbed the pin that displayed his jersey number, which was attached to my backpack shoulder.

He Rand off towards his teammates as he winked at me from across the gym. At a point of time all this was awkward. The attention, the mumbling and judgmental comments from others, but now it doesn't bother me.

"Earth to Cameron" Karla snapped as she pulled my hand. Looking at her as we walked up the stands. We sat closer to the sophomores as a group of our mutual friends saved us a seat.

"Y'all are really a thing?" She asked as I nodded my head. "Karla please, can we go at least one day where my love life isn't the conversation starter" I spoke loud enough just for her to hear me. She sighed as her lips poked out.

I knew she wanted to know 'why', but there was no clearer way I could address the situation. My name was being called as I was looking across towards my class group. "Over here" a girl called out as I turned to my right. She waved me over as I looked back to Karla who just looked at me.

"Don't get caught" she mumbled as I slowly claimed under the rail walking over. A few people moved out the way as I sat down awkwardly looking around. I remembered her face from Francisco birthday party.

"We just wanted to welcome you into our circle" she said as they all turned towards me. It was a group of four girls and three guys. I assumed Francisco made the fourth guy. "You are dating our best friend" she added on with a slight slaty remark.

Fake smiling as I noticed the principal walking towards the center of the gym talking. "We're all meeting up this weekend, Saturday is date-night, I'm sure Francisco will tell you about it" she smiled as one of the girls gave her the side eye.

"Tha. .nks" I spoke as I looked back over to Karla who was watching me. "I'll make sure I bring it up" I forced another smile before I eased my way back over towards my seat. Karla gave me this look as I already knew what questioned she was asking. "That was weird, they invited me into their circle" I air quoted as she laughed.

"Look at you Mr. popular, already making friends on main campus" she sarcastically joked as I pushed her shoulder laughing. The prep rally was going pretty nice. It was a lot better than the ones we have.