S2 « Battling. The. Past Part .I. » #Ep14

Cameron Pov:
                          • 3 days Later •
                                                      « 6:45 am »

Kevin Ross - Prototype played as I sat under the light in the court yard. Francisco texted me on and off as he was driving to school. Took it upon myself to catch the bus again, become more independent, well In some way.

A boot tapped my shoe as my eyes looked up to Karla smiling down at me as she hugged her backpack. Slowly removing both head phone as she sat next to me. "You've been distant from everybody lately. You do know you have friends" she smiled rubbing against my shoulder.

"Yeah of course, it's getting closer to the end of the year. We will all be on main campus, a lot of us will make new friends so I'm not wasting energy" I mumbled still focusing on my drawing.

"Francisco and Cameron" she read out my sketch. "Truthfully speaking, you guys are as cute as this" she chuckled. "May I?" She asked reaching for one of the earphones.

"Girl you don't even know what you're listening too" I laughed as she was doing this weird dance with her hands. "He has a nice voice, I gets down with the Rhythm and Blues" she smiled still doing the dance.

"Karla. The fact that you called it Rhythm and Blues, and not R&B. I politely will remove this earphone from your ear". We both chuckled as she rolled her eyes.

"All I'm saying is, I can blend into your culture. Look how you blend in here. You attend a Public white school, Where ten percent is black. Some how you still managed to be more popular than most kids in our grade. That's unfair" she smirked.

"Well, I'm dating the soccer co-captain, my brother has been on main campus and he got one of the most popular girls pregnant. Trust me, I'm popular by association, it's not what you think."

Karla rubbed against my shoulder as her head titled toward my neck. "Do you ever think about where you will Be after all this?" She asked as I stopped drawing thinking about her question.

"My mom doesn't want me to follow after the family, attend a good college, find a good job and hopefully marry rich, so my life could be better than hers" she mumbled.

"See my father left my mom years ago, had an affair, started a new family somewhere far away. See white people go through similar issues" she joked making me laugh.

"I've never met my dad. So I have no clue what he's like. Just pictures" she sighed looking at me.  "I've never shared that with anyone" she added on as we made eye contact.

"Well if it helps, I'm adopted, I don't remember my parents, and I have two dads" I starred back. "Lier, you and your brother look just alike" she gave me a look of disbelief. "I swear on my soul" I said crossing my heart. "Well we're cousins, it's a long story, but Jordan and Christopher Dad adopted me" I said as she looked confused.

"So Christopher Dad is with your adopted Dad?" She asked as I shook my head laughing.

"This blonde hair isn't a joke huh" I laughed as she pushed me. "Yeah basically, I have two dads no mom" I smirked.

"Wow" she mumbled leaning back. "That's definitely different, is that how you turned. ." I stopped her. "No, this is just me and my brother is him. We just have two dads" I chuckled as I folded my sketch book.

"Look at us bonding for once in a long time" she smiled. "You're my bestfriend, I love you" I spoke looking at her. "Wait. Hold uppppp" she screamed as people looked over at us. "That's cute" she calmly said making me laugh. "I love you too, like I liked you until I found out you know, but it does feel good to say I love you back" she smiled getting all mushy on me.

"Okaynow, get off me" I laughed pushing her away as she hugged me. Someones shadow blocked the light as we both looked up. My nerves instantly grew tensed as I closed my eyes relaxing my mind and body.

"Can we talk?" He asked looking down at me as I didn't bother to look up. "Please?" I heard him say as Karla bumped my shoulder. "I'll see you in class" she mumbled getting up.

She walked away as I sat there wrapping up my headphones. "Cameron please" he begged as I aggressively forced everything in my backpack. "Can you just go" I mumbled as he stood there. "Just five minutes of your time and I will I promise" he softly spoke as people started to pass our way.

Standing to my feet, finally giving him the eye contact he wanted. "What Oliver?". Starring into his eyes brought back every memory of that night. I could still feel his hands wrapped around my throat, as he squeezed tighter and tighter.

"I- I, I lost control of myself. Believe me Cameron I would never hurt you bae" he pleaded as my eyes filled with sorrow. "Cameron. Please, forgive me. I-I messed up and I'll never forgive myself for what I did to you" he stuttered as I gripped the handle of my backpack.

I wanted to take the pen in my hand and dig it through his neck. I wanted him to feel what I felt that night so bad. "I'm sorry" he mumbled out rubbing my arm as I stood there.

"Say something, anything, hit me, curse me out, yell, anything please" he begged. I still didn't bother to respond as a set of hands cuff my hand. "I got it Bae" Francisco spoke grabbing my backpack.

Francisco gave Oliver a look I've never seen him express before as he pulled my backpack from shoulder. "You okay?" He asked looking at me as I nodded my head. He wiped under my eyes drying my tears before they could fall. "No more of that alright" he mumbled turning my chin his way, "we good!" he said. "I'm talking to you, I said we good" he spat at Oliver.

Francisco bumped into his shoulder as we walked passed him. "Franc, I don't want you getting into trouble fighting my battle. Just let it go okay?" I asked as we walked in silence. "Promise me?" I asked again stopping him as we approached the gate.

He sucked in his lips looking over my shoulder as his face tensed up. "Please. Just drop it okay. I'm fine" I faked smiled as he just looked at me. "I know you well enough to know that smile was fake. What he did to you wont fly in my book Cameron" he groaned looking at me.

"How could I live with this for the rest of my life, knowing this Ni...." he paused from saying the 'Nigga'. "He's a coward, a bitch, folks like him deserve to be put in their place. I don't expect you to understand this because you loved that trash ass human being before. I don't have an ounce of fucking sympathy for him" he growled through his teeth as the tardy bell rung.

"I don't care if it's the last thing I do before school ends. I swear on my life, I will punish that bitch, and you can't stop me" He groaned walking away as I pulled him by his shirt. "Francisco" I yelled running behind him. "I'm not going to let you get in trouble because of me" I groaned.

"He's not worth you getting expelled, or losing your position as future captain. I can't let you loose all that just to defend me" I huffed out as I tried my best to control my emotions. "I know you're angry, I'm angry too, but it's my battle and I'm choosing to walk away okay?" I mumbled pulling his face to me.

"Okay?" I questioned as he wouldn't look at me. "Francisco!" I yelled. "Get to class, I love you" he looked down at me with no concern in his eyes. He rubbed my chin kissing me before handing me my bag. "I hear you okay" he nodded.

"I'm not okay with it, but I'm going to respect your wish. I love you enough to do that" he mumbled looking down at me. "You're going to be super late if you don't go, it's the end of the year. Don't start next year off in detention" he said making me laugh. "Keep that smile on your face" he winked as he started to walk away backwards.