Chapter 9

Camila's POV

I could tell Lauren's been nervous all day about the scrimmage. She's barely spoken a word to anyone. They day flew by pretty fast as usual until it got to lunch. After everyone got done eating Lauren stood up & went to the bathroom without telling anyone. I followed her but without her knowing. I walked into the bathroom stall & feared the worse, she was throwing up. I knew that dream made her feel bad about her weight but what she failed to realize is that's she's perfect the way she is.
"Lauren, baby open up" but she didn't replied
instead I sat in front of her stall & started to sing Little Me by Little mix(which is a great song & I recommend you to hear it). She unlocked the door and slowly pushed it open. She was sitting there with her back against the wall looking up with tears rolling down her face. I walk over to where she was & sat in front of her
"Lolo it was just a dream ok?" she still didn't say anything
"Hey, when I do see you naked I'll make sure to say nothing but to tell you that you're beautiful"
She finally looked at me and started to laugh. She grabbed my hands and started to talk. "I'm sorry, it just felt like the right thing to do"
"You're just hurting yourself & me by doing it Lolo, you're perfect the way you are, okay?" I said pulling her into a hug.
"I love you"
"I love you too" I replied kissing the top of her head
"Now let's go so you can show up them boys in the game today. you're going to do great"
She grabbed my hands & we walked out of the bathroom and back over to our friends. The rest of the day was boring & finally it was game time.

Lauren's POV

Me & Dinah was warming up throwing while the rest of the team was hitting. I needed longer time to throw caste my shoulder hurt so bad.
"Hey Dinah!" I said waving to her to come closer to me
"Yeah homie?"
"Do you have any advil?"
"Shoulder still bothering you from rolling off of your bed?"
Yes, that's what I told the girls & everybody else. The only people that knew the real reason why my arm hurts is Camila & Chris. I figured it would be fine in a few days & I didn't want my parents or friends to worry for no reason but it still hurts pretty bad...
"Yeah" I replied.
"Here, just take one-" before Dinah could say one, I accidentally took two.
"Laur! I said one!"
"I didn't mean to! what will two do?"
"It makes you sleepy, but if you start to feel light headed, tell somebody okay?"
I nodded my head & walked over to my team that was still hitting.

The game officially started & it took 5 innings before anyone could score runs. It's was 2-2 with my team hitting & I was up to bat. He pitched a perfect ball right in my zone & I hit it over the left fielders head & I ended up getting a triple. I was standing on third when the person batting hit one to short & I stole home and I tackled the catcher, knocking the ball from his glove, making me safe at home. I hit my head pretty hard over his helmet & then everything went black...

Dinah's POV
"LAUREN!" I screamed running out of the dugout to pick her up. I guess from taking two pills and hitting her head knocked her out.
"Dinah! what happened!" coach yelled at me while I tried to pick up Lauren's limp body
"she took some pills cause her arm was hurting but she took one too many"
"SOMEONE CALL 911" one of the parents yelled.
I looked over to Camila standing on the fence with tears rolling down her face.. I'm so sorry Mila...this is all my fault...

The ambulance came and Lauren was still out cold. Camila wasn't allowed to ride with her, so I drove her to the hospital. When we got in the car, she started asking numerous questions.
"What happened? why did she pass out? Is she going to be okay? Dinah! answer me!"
"MILA!" I screamed which scared her a little.
"I'm sorry."
"It's okay, Dinah what happened?"
"Before the game started Lauren asked for some Advil and she took one to many & after hitting her head, I guess the pills took effect and it knocked her out. I'm so sorry, this is all my fault, I should of made sure she only took one instead handing her the whole pill bottle" I said with tears rolling down my face.
"It's not your fault, things like this happen, just pray she'll be okay." She said while holding my hand.
We reached to the hospital & ran up to the floor Lauren was on. We saw Chris, Taylor, Ally, & Normani outside of Lauren's room.
"Hey guys! is she going to be alright?" Camila asked them but nobody replied. Ally grabbed her & pulled her into a hug. I feared the worse.
'Come on Lauren. You can make it through this, you're the strongest girl I know. Please God please help her make it. A life without Lauren is not a life worth living for! Take me! leave her here, she has more effect on people than I ever will.' I prayed to God.
I looked over to the girls & saw Mila crying into Ally's & Normani's arms. I walked over to them & embraced them into a hug. At that time, Lauren's parents walked out of the room to tell us the good... or bad news....

~~~~~~~~~
Comment, vote, & give me feedback on how you guys like it so far!
Ilovemyreaders💞
-Tana