Chapter 23

Lauren's POV
I've been waking for hours, not really sure where I was going. Guess you could say I was looking for hope, something to give Camila hope. I herd a faint noise & looked to the sky. Someone shot a flare gun? Camila? has someone came & rescued us?
I turned around running back but I didn't know which way to go. I was lost, terribly. I have to make it back in time or else, she'll go without me & I'll be lost forever. I spirited as fast as I could towards the flare gun shot. I stopped for a second to catch my breathe & herd a loud growl...
"Any one there?" I screamed frantically. Then all of a sudden a large black jaguar slowly approaches me from be hide a tree. 'Oh god, this is it' I thought to my self. I started to back up, but I had no where to go. Large trees blocked me from going anywhere. The black cat creeped closer & closer to me, I needed to survive this. I need to go back to Camz. I held my spear tightly in my grip, thinking of was to kill him before he could kill me. She soon stopped in front of me, only a few away & prepared himself for a pouncing position. The giant cat soon jumped towards me, on top of me.

Camila's POV
The boat finally reached the sore & two older men got off handing me some water & I gladly took it, chugging it. When I got back my breathe I began to speak.
"We've been on this island for months, we fell off a cruse ship & drifted here. My girlfriend went into he jungle to hunt for meat. I'm not leaving with out here"
The two men nodded and went back on the boat & brought 3 gun out. "Do you know how to use this?" the elder man said while handing me a gun. I nodded & took it from his hands.
We started in the direction that Lauren went, & after 4 hours of walk we herd a death scream. NO, this can't happen.
"What was that?" the younger man said
"LAUREN" I screamed running towards the sound of her voice. But one of the men grabbed me, holding me back.
"It's too dangerous! let us go first!"
I nodded and followed beside them. About another 30 minute of walking, we saw a black cat walk past us with blood on his mouth. "Lauren!" I yelled crying & running towards where the cat was coming from. One of the men grabbed my arms but I quickly jerked away. I saw her body laying face down, blood all over her leg.
"No" I say flipped her around, holding her limp body in arms crying in her neck. "Please"
"Hey beautiful" I herd a raspy voice say.
I looked down, tears still in my eyes making it hard for me to see. But what I did see was Lauren eyes barely open and a half smile. "Lauren, thank god" I say pulling her into a hug & I felt her arm do the same. "I thought I lost you" I whispered.
"I'm not going anywhere"
"What happened?" I ask helping her stand back up.
"He jumped on me & got a hold of my leg but I stabbed him the side & he ran away. It hurts pretty bad"
"Here, let us help you" the two man said walking over to us
"Who are you?" she asked
"We saw a flare gun from our boat & came to save you guys" one of the guys said.
She nodded & we walked back to the beach, helping Lauren walk.

~~~~~~~~
Tell me what you think so far (:
-Tana💞