The police academy|Month Two

AN-Just read it.
Enjoy.

   "Come on Wilde! We ain't got all day!" Johnny yelled early that morning. Today was a 'visitors' day. Nick didn't know why this was needed. It was just a day where family came to see how their kids where doing at the academy.
   Nick had no one who would see him. He had no family who could or would see him, and last time Nick checked Judy was working on a case.
   "Listen, Johnny. I see this as a day off. Just let me sleep."
   "Whatever man. I'll see you later," and the wolf was gone.
   Now it was just the fox in his room. But he quickly got bord and looked through his phone. For whatever reason Nick saw Hines elf looking at his contact list. And one of the contacts was his mom. The fox looked at the number for a good five minutes. Decided whether he should call his mom or not, but the fox was quickly interrupted by a knock on the door.
   "Johnny I said I was busy!" Nick yelled opening the door to see a grey bunny in front of him.
   "What did Johnny do to you?" Judy asked smiling.
   "Carrots?"
   "The one and only."
   Nick couldn't believe it. She actually came to see him. It had been over a month sense he last seen his best friend. Finally he hugged her. It was a friendly hug that the two embraced in together.
   "I missed you so much. I've had so much on my mind and I need to talk to someone about it."
   "Nick, I'll always be here to help you," Judy replied. And she meant it.
   "I want to call my mom, but I'm afraid to."
   "Nick, it'll be ok. Just call her."
   "But what if she doesn't want to see me. It's been 15 years. And the last time I saw her I tried to..-" Nick suddenly stopped and got a deep breath.
   "Nick?"
   "I stole from her. The sweet old vixen who did nothing but love me. I stole from her. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. But I did it. Why would she want to see me after that?" Nick then broke down crying on Judy's shoulder. And she held him.
   "Nick, its worth a shot. She's your mom. She'll be happy to hear from you. Just remember to apologize."
   "Thank you, Carrots. For everything."
   The two looked into each others eyes and they both had no idea what was happening. But they where leaning closer. And their lips where about to connect when they where interrupted.
   "Nick. Open the door!"
   It was Johnny.
   "What do you want?!?"
   "I found it! I found it!"
   Nick was confused and he opened the door to see Johnny with a dresser drawer.
   "Dude, that's the wrong shade of brown."
   "Damn. I swear we WILL find that drawer before we graduate," the wolf continued,"Oh! Is this that little rabbit your always talking about."
   "Hi. I'm Judy. So, Nick likes to talk about me.."
   "Yeah. You're ALL he talks about. I'd tell him to stop if it wasn't so sweet." Johnny said to the bunny cop.
   "Alright, Johnny. I think you should give that drawer back to where you found it." Nick said trying to get rid of the wolf that was making him blush.
   "You know what. I think your right. I'd hate to interrupt another kiss," Johnny said. He then left laughing, and Judy and Nick where blushing.
   "Um, I think I'm gonna go.." Judy said.
   "Sure. You don't want Chief buffalo butt getting his panties in a wad because his start cop isn't there."
   The two laughed and Judy gave Nick a hug saying,"Good luck Slick. This is the last time I'll see you till the graduation."
   "Alright Carrots. Try not to get hurt on that field."
   And then she was gone. And for some reason it killed Nick to see her leave. He missed her already and she wasn't even out of the parking lot yet.
###
   After a few minutes of Nick throwing a ball at the wall the door opened. It was Johnny.
   "So, your bunny left."
   "Yeah."
   "Did you get to finish up that kiss," Johnny asked with a grin.
   "You know I love the fact that you can come into my personal life. I have no feelings like that for Judy."
   "Oh I hope you don't. After all she has that handsome bunny," Johnny said.
   "What bunny?!"
   "The one who drove her down here. He and her where kissing when she got back to the car," Now Johnny was grinning.
   "Your kidding!"
   "Why Nicky. Are you jealous?"
   "No. I just-  I worry about her."
   "Because you care about her.."
   "Yes. What else do you know about this male bunny?"
   "Nick. He doesn't exist. I just wanted to know if you like Judy. And you do."
   "Ok. One, that was mean. Two, I do like her. Where best friends."
   "No Nick. I mean more than friends."
   "No I don't. I can't. She would never be with me."
   "And why not."
  "Because I'm a fox. Because she deserves better than an Ex-con artist. Because I don't want to ruin her life."
   "Nick. Those are terrible reasons. Judy is not the kind of mammal who would push you aside because if your species. What happened in the past stays in the past. And you would not make her life bad."
   "Yes I will. What would the public think about us dating?"
   "Bruh it's entirely normal. I know many mammals who are in an interspecies relationship."
   "But how many of those are predator and prey?"
   "I know three."
   "Really? Name one."
   "My sister."
   "Wait. Your sister is dating a prey?!?"
   "Yep. She's been dating a pig for about two years now. And there happy. And They don't let there difference in species get in the way of that."
   The more Nick thought about it the more he realized that Johnny was right. Though he didn't know if it was 'love' he felt for the bunny he knew he felt something.
   "Ok, Johnny. Whatever. I'm tired and we have practice tomorrow. Goodnight bud," Nick said laying down on his cot.
   "Goodnight, Nick."
###
   "WILDE!!"
   "Yessir!" Nick yelled to the instructor who just yelled his name without warning.
   "COME INTO MY OFFICE AT THE END OF THE DAY!"
   "Yessir!" Nick replete, then looked to Johnny,"What is going on?"
   "To hell if I know," the wolf replied,"Just pray that it's good."
   After the day had ended, like instructed, Nick went to the instructors office.
   "You needed to see me?" Nick asked as he sat down.
   "Yes. I have notice a big change in your attitude and your work ethic. I must say that I have never seen someone from my department make such a comeback. I have called you here today because I want to explain something good to you."
   "Yessir?"
   "With you being a fox there is going to be a lot of controversy over whether of not you should be a cop. You are going to be harassed, there will be protests, and you may be attacked. You see the people of Zootopia want everything to be peaceful, but everyone wants to start drama about something. So before you finish your second half of the academy I must ask you a question..Are you sure you want to go through with this?"
   "Yessir."
   "And why is that?"
   "Because I want to make a difference in this city. To show people that it doesn't matter what species you are there is still the fact that in Zootopia anyone can be anything."
   "Ok Mr. Wilde. I'm going to say something good your not going to like. I don't think your cut out for this."
   "Because I'm a fox?" Nick asked knowing where this was going.
   "Not just that. I looked at your background and you seem to have a law problem."
   "That was the past sir. I'm a different mammal now, and I'm not going to quit this because you don't think I can do it. Now I have a test to study for so good day."
   Nick then walked out of the office not saying another word.
###
   "Nick! Welcome back!" Said Johnny the wolf as Nick walked into the room the two shared.
   "Hey Johnny."
   "What did he want?"
   "Well, the instructor thinks I should quit the academy."
   "WHY?!?"
   "Take a guess," Nick said, motioning to his body.
   "Oh my gosh. That is so petty. He doesn't want you here because your a fucking fox?"
   "That's it."
   "Well if I were you I wouldn't give a single fuck about that."
   "And then what do I do?"
   "Maybe you should read that picture again."
   Nick then nodded to Johnny and Nick got into his cot on the other side of the room and went to sleep.
   Another month over. Two more left.

AN-Yeah. That was a long one. But I enjoyed it. A little fluff in there. Maybe even a little tear. But definatly some anger.
Till Next Time...