Back to Zootopia

AN-Dangit. I gotta stop putting this thing in the beginning. Just read the dadgum story.
Enjoy.

   Nick and Judy had saluted to each other on the stage after the bunny gave him his badge. After the saluting, everyone cheated and threw their hats in the air. The fox was happy. Proud even that he was an officer of the law, and the first thing he wanted to do was see his mom. But the fox and the rabbit had plans for the night. So, Nick would have to wait till later.
   "So Judy. The most amazing predators in Zootopia are officers of the ZPD. And we're in the same precinct. How about that?" Johnny started saying after the ceremony. He found Nick and Judy together and decided that it was his time to hang out with them.
   "Yeah Johnny. We're cops now," Nick said proud.
   "Johnny would you like to join us? Me and Nick were going to get a pizza or something." Judy offered.
   Johnny first looked to Nick who nodded.
   "Sure, I would love to."
   "Great. So Nick would you like to drive?"
   "Carrots, did you buy a car?!?" Nick asked shocked.
   "No. I took Finnicks van. In exchange I let him crash at my place."
   "Wow. Talk about negotiating," Johnny said as the three walked to the old van.
   Nick took the keys and got in the driver seat and started it up.
   "So, Officer Fluff, where to."
   "To the pizza-mutt."
   "Alright," Nick said. And they where off.
###
   "So, was the academy hard?" Judy asked the two predators in front of her.
   "Hell yeah!" The two said in unison.
   Judy laughed for a while and then said,"Johnny, what made you want to be a cop?"
   "Well, Judy, it started when I was ten. I had an uncle who was a cop and one day he decided to tell me about his experiences as a cop. I thought that it was the coolest thing ever and decided I was going to be a cop." Johnny replied.
   "Wow. That's as good a reason as any." Judy said impressed.
   Finally a female badger came to their table with a large pizza.
   "Thank you ma'am." Nick said as she walked off.
   "Wow, Nick. So gentleman like," Johnny laughed.
   "Well, my momma taught me well," Nick replied to the wolf.
   "Yeah whatever. So Nick. Are you seeing anyone?" Johnny asked the fox.
   Nick knew what the wolf was doing,"No Johnny I'm not. Why, you interested?"
   "No. I was just wondering. Why don't you have a girlfriend?"
   "Haven't found the right girl yet. But when I do I promise that you'll be the first one I tell," Nick said the Johnny.
   "Nick, I thought I was your best friend?" Judy asked.
   "Exactly. That's why I don't have to tell you. I have learned that you can read me like a book," Nick replied honestly.
   "Whatever. So 'replacement' how's the pizza."
   "Carrots, don't be like that," Nick pleaded.
   "Like what? I'm just making conversation. What did I do wrong?"
   "You called Johnny a replacement."
   "He is," Judy said.
   "You know what. I have to use the restroom," Nick said and walked off to the bathroom.
   Johnny took this as a chance to fix things.
   "Judy, are you ok?"
   "Yeah, Johnny. I'm fine."
   "No your not. There is something on your mind. I can tell. So tell me. As a friend."
   "I just..I don't know what to do about this."
   "About what?"
   "Promise me that you won't say anything."
   "I give you my word Judy."
   "Well, I think I'm in love with Nick. But when he said he hasn't found the right girl yet. So I know he doesn't feel the same way."
   "Judy, can I get real with you?"
   "Sure."
   "Nick feels the same way. He's just been fighting with the thought that you wouldn't feel the same way. Because of your family and all. Look just don't do this. He really cares about you."
   "Are you serious," Judy said. She felt really happy.
   "Yes."
   Then Nick walked in and sat down.
   "Nick. I'm really sorry for the way I acted earlier."
   "It's fine, Carrots. Really."
   "Alright. So I'm gonna head to my apartment and get rid of Finnick."
   "Good luck with that." Nick said,"Johnny you got a place to stay?"
   "Yeah. I'm gonna stay at my moms place till I can get me an apartment."
   "That's cool man. Alright I'll see y'all later. I'm gonna walk to my place," Nick said walking out of the Pizza-Mutt.
   Judy watched as the fox walked out of the diner. She had to tell him the truth.
   The bunny ran out of the diner yelling,"Nick!"
   The fox heard his best friend calling him he turned around.
   "Judy?"
   "No, it's the president. Of course it's me."
   "What are you doing?"
   "I need to tell you something."
   "Well, spit it out."
   "Nick...," Judy wanted to tell him that she loved him that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, but she didn't. She couldn't,"Don't forget to be at the ZPD by 6:00."
   "Ok, Carrots. I got it."
   "Goodnight, Nick."
   "Goodnight, Carrots."
   And Nick was gone again. Judy walked to the Pizza-Mutt to get the keys to Finnicks van and was stopped by Johnny,"Did you tell him?"
   "No. I don't know what happened. I just froze."
   "Well, tomorrow is my first day on the job. I ain't missin it. Goodnight Judy. It nice to actually get to know you."
   "Same here Johnny. Goodnight!"
   And Judy drove home. When she walked through the door she called for Finnick."
   "Hey cop. How is my boy Nick?"
   "He's doing great Finnick. And he's ready for the ZPD tomorrow."
   "That's great. Well you look tired so I'm gonna bounce. Goodnight Judy."
   "Goodnight, Finnick."
   Now Judy was alone, and as she layed on her bed she found herself thinking about Nick and what Johnny had told her. Now it was official. She was in love.
   And tomorrow she had to tell him.

AN-So yeah. Not as much fluff as promised. But it was still worthy of something. Many plot points in here too. But will Judy get the chance to tell Nick how she feels? Will he tell her first? So many questions that I will answer in the future.
Till Next Time...