At the Hopps|Part 2

A/N-I really hope y'all enjoy it. Not really much to say. You'll hear from me again at the end of the chapter.
Enjoy!

   Nick was just finishing taking big bags of fertilizer to the barn when Judy went outside to tell her dad and Nick that lunch was finished.
   "We'll be right there Jude the Dude!" Stu yelled. Aiding Judy to groan.
   "Man, and I thought she hated my nicknames," Nick commented as Judy went in.
   "What nicknames?"
   "Well of course I always call her 'Carrots'.  It was something that I called her when we first met and it kind of stuck. She's grown used to it so I try to change it up. I'll call her Officer fluff. Cotton tail. Cute bunny. Just whatever I can think of. Why do you call her 'Jude the Dude'?"
   "I don't really know. Just as you said with 'Carrots'. It just stuck," Stu replied to the fox.
   "I see."
   "You know. I always wondered why Judy didn't really want us to meet you. She always talks about you but when it came to meeting you she froze and didn't think of it as a good idea but agreed nevertheless. I was just wondering. Why?" 
   "Well I think it has something to do with me being a fox."
   "What do you mean?"
   "Well Judy said you never made it a secret that you didn't like foxes. You thought they were untrustworthy and crooked. To be honest I was nervous about meeting you because of that, but I agreed. I didn't know if you would taze me or not.l, but I came anyway. I had a theory that you would have a gun pointed at 'the strange fox in your yard', but I came anyway."
   "Nick I would never try to hurt you. I barely knew you and to be honest I was a little on edge. But now I see just how good of a mammal you are. But something bites me. If you thought that I was going to be mean to you or attack you, why did you come?"
   "Because, Carrots asked me to."
   Now it was official. Stu liked this fox.
   "You know. I don't think Judy could've picked a better mammal."
    "What do you mean?" Nick asked. He was confused at what the older bunny said.
   "Nick. I had a conversation with Bonnie, Amber, and Kyle earlier today and they all said that you were a great mammal. And they also said about how you and Judy felt about each other. Nick as long as you give me your word that you would never hurt my daughter I give you both my full blessing if you want to date."
   "Are you serious?!?"
   "Yes Nick. I want you to know that Judy is crazy about you. And I wasn't all for it at first. But the way she talks about you, the way you treat her, and how well my family likes you. I know you'll be best for my daughter." Stu said. He didn't lie either. He liked Nick. Of course sense this was his baby girl he would have to got used to it but he knew that in the end this was what was best for Judy.
   "Thank you Mr. Hopps."
   "Just Stu Nick."
   "Yes sir."
   "Now let's get into that house. I'm starving," Stu said to the fox as they both walked into the house laughing.
###
   Before eating, Nick decided it would be best to take a shower. While in the shower Nick was wondering what he would say to Judy. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her before they left for three reasons. One he had a deal with Kyle. Two he has learned Stu agrees with it. And three. Because he cannot fight it anymore. He is helplessly in love with the bunny and can't wait anymore. He has to tell her.
   Finally Nick decided what he was going to do. He snuck into the room Judy would be using and turned on the shower. He made sure it was hot so that the mirror would fog up. After the mirror was fogged Nick wrote 'meet me in to barn.'
   Then Nick turned the water off. He knew that it would fade but he also knew that Judy was going to take a shower tonight. It would be back.
###
   "Hey, Nick. We where wondering when you would come back," Judy said to Nick as he made it back to the dining room.
   "Yeah. I was trying to not smell like dung," Nick laughed as he took a seat across from Judy but beside Kyle.
   "Hey Nick. Alright so I got the heads off and I'm going tomorrow to get the gaskets. You car should be good by tomorrow after noon," Kyle smiled to he fox.
   "And the exhaust?"
   "Already put it in."
   "Wow. Thanks Kyle. That's really cool of you," Nick said patting the bunny's back.
   "What are y'all talking about, Slick?" Judy asked the fox.
   "Your amazing brother, Kyle, is Dixon up my car." Nick responded.
   "Well that very nice, Kyle. What gave you the idea to do that?" Bonnie asked.
   "Oh just helping out a friend," Kyle said winking at Nick.
   "Is he going to pay you?" Judy asked.
   "Trust me. He's giving me all the payment needed," Kyle responded.
   "Indeed I am," Nick followed saying unsure.
   "Alright then. I'll leave to you two," Judy finished saying.
   "You know Jude I'm gonna be honest. When you brought this fox to our house I was a little uneasy about it. But now I see that I was wrong. This is the most well mannered and helpful fox I've ever met," Stu said to his daughter.
   "Well thank you very much Mr. Hopps. That means a lot to me," Nick replied.
   "Thanks dad," Judy said after.
   It was about that time Amber decided it was time for her to speak,"So Nick. Are you in a relationship?"
   The room went quiet for a second until Nick responded,"No. I am not."
   "Really. That is fascinating. You know I know plenty of mammals who would kill to have a guy like you." Amber continue.
   "Ok then," Nick then continued eating.
   "And Judy. You've been gone from us for so long there's a lot that we don't know about what has happened for the past year, are YOU in a relationship?"
   Kyle, Nick, and Stu were looking at her speak. But Judy and Bonnie knew what she was doing but was unsure of her intensions.
   "No Amber. I'm not in a relationship."
   "Well that shouldn't last long. I mean look at you. I'm surprised you don't have mammals lined up to ask you on a date." Amber said.
   "Amber I'm not beautiful." Judy said.
   That caused Nick to want to say something but he knew his time would be coming.
   "Bullcrap. Your the most beautiful bunny in this burrow." Amber continued,"Raise your hand if you think Judy is the beautiful!"
   Everyone raised their hand. But all eyes went to Nick. Him being the tallest his hand was the highest. But the fox hadn't even realized his hand was raised till he saw everyone look at him.
   He quickly put his hand down and the conversation was ended. They continued eating and the day went one. Judy was thanking the good lord that she had enough fur to hid her bright red blush.
###
   The rest of the day was pretty busy. Nick was helping Judy's dad with farm work and Judy was talking to Kyle as he fixed Nicks car.
   "So your saying that a sloth was trying to start a fort chase with y'all?" Kyle laughed. The two was talking about Judy and Nick's work experiences.
   "Yeah. Nick almost died laughing."
   "Wow. Seems like y'all see everything."
   "Well we've seen a lot.  It every time we think we've seen it all something else comes up," Judy said.
   "That's cool. Hey Judy do you think that you could make a run to the parts store? Those gaskets should be there by now," Kyle asked.
   "Sure. I just gotta get the keys from dad."
   Judy walked to the fields where she saw her dad and Nick changing a tire on the tractor.
   "What happened?" Judy asked.
   "I tried to back it up and ran into the cultivator," Stu explained annoyed.
   "Do you have a spare?" Judy asked.
   "I thought I did. But it's the wrong size. I was about to send Nick down to get me a tire."
   "You know I was just about to ask if I could use your truck to make a run to the parts store," Judy replied.
   "Good. Here's the keys. Drive safe. And hurry. I wanna get the field plowed by night."
   And with that the fox and bunny went to the truck and drove off.
   "What on earth are you doing?" Judy asked laughing when she saw Nick looking all throughout the truck.
   "Last time I was in here there was a big basket of blueberries," The fox replied causing the bunny to laugh.
   "Don't worry. We'll pick some before we leave."
   "Alright then Carrots. So what do oh need from the part store?"
   "The head gaskets for your car arrived."
   "Well that's amazing. Looks like we don't have to take the train tomorrow," Nick winked.
   The two talked a while longer till they reached the part store. Judy was in and out getting the head gaskets. Then they went to the nearest tire shop and Nick and Judy were able to get it on the truck.
   "You know. I thought they'd be lighter."
   "What's wrong Slick. Too much for you to handle?" Judy laughed.
   "No, Carrots. Your too much to handle," Nick grinned.
   "Is it because I'm so beautiful?" Judy smiled causing the fox to blush.
   "We should go," Nick suggested hoping that would do it.
   "Sure thing fox," Judy said. She was a little disappointed that Nick didn't try to make a move but decided that it wasn't his fault. He probably thought she was teasing him.
   As they drove to the house the couple didn't say anything. Judy was wondering when Nick would finally make a move. Nick was wondering what he was going to say tonight.
###
   The end of the day came pretty fast. Everyone was doing their own thing. Kyle finished with Nicks car. The fox was going to pay him but the rabbit just reminded him of their deal.
   Stu and Nick together got the fields plowed and even planted the seeds already.
   Judy helped her mom, Amber, and about 100 more of her siblings finish making dinner.
   By the time 6:00 came everything was taken care of and the Hopps family and Nick were eating supper.
   "Now I must say that I was amazed by Nicks farming work," Stu said trying to struck up conversation.
   "Well actually I don't have much experience."Nick said.
   "Could've fooled me," Stu laughed.
   "So Nick. How long have you been a cop?" Kyle asked.
   "About a year," Nick replied.
   "So you've been on the force about as long as Judy?"
   "Yeah. Actually she's the reason I joined," Nick replied again.
   "What did you do before that?" Amber was the one to asked.
   Nick and Judy looked to each other. They wanted to avoid this subject, but they knew they had to know one day.
   "Um I was..a con-mammal," Nick said looking down,"I would hustle mammals. It's something I wasn't proud of." Nick explained.
   The room was quiet for a while. As if everyone was thinking about what should have been said next. It was Kyle that spoke next.
   "Did you make a lot of money?" Kyle asked with a grin.
   "$200 a day," Nick said.
   "But he repaid his debt with society. His past is his past." Judy said taking Nicks side.
   "Well we can't fix his past. He can hope for his future," Stu said.
   "Agreed!" Everyone said in unison.
   Nick and Judy both let out a breath they didn't know they were holding.
   "Well I'm going to get a bath," Judy said getting up.
   "Ok sweety," Bonnie said.
   "Well Mom shall we wash the dishes?" Amber asked.
   "Yes. We shall. Stu could you help?"
   "Alright Bon," Stu replied.
   After everyone had left Nick walked outside toward the barn.
###
   The shower was very much needed for the bunny. After the long, hard, stressful day she was ready to finish the shower and go to bed. But when Judy exited the shower she saw something on the mirror.
   'Meet me in the barn -Nick'
   "What the-?" Judy said confused.
   Judy exited the bathroom, and looked outside to see a light on in the barn. It was probably Nick. Perhaps that the reason the bunny decided to go toward it. Nick obviously wanted to meat for something.
   Walking to the barn Judy couldn't help but wonder what the fox wanted. Finally she made it to the barn.
   "Nick?!?" Judy called out.
   "I'm the hay loft!" Nick replied.
   Judy climbed up to the loft where she saw a red fox sitting on a hay bail.
   "Hey Carrots," Nick said.
   "Alright Slick. You dragged me out here. What did you want to tell me?"
   "I'm not sure yet. Can you please sit down?" Nick asked pointing to the hay bail next to him. The bunny sat down and looked to Nick.
   "Ok slick. What on your mind?"
   "I really don't know what to say, carrots. But I have to because I don't know what I'll say. I don't know what you'll say. I don't know what others will say."
   "Is it important?"
   "More important than I thought it could," Nick replied.
    "Then say it from the heart."
    Nick was silent for a while and then Judy saw a tear fall down his fur.
   "Nick?"
   "Judy, I have never felt this way about someone. No matter the circumstances I was always able to smooth talk with anyone. Then I met you. You are the only mammal who can make me freeze up the way you do. My life was a fools paradise. I wasn't anything. I was useless. Then you came along and changed all that. Your the reason I am who I am today, and then you go and try to put all the credit on me. When it was all you. Then the way you believed in me when I decided to join the ZPD. I've never had anyone help me like that. I guess that's why I feel this way. And I want to tell you what this feeling is. But I can't."
   "Nick. I know what your trying to say," Judy said holding his hand. She also felt a tear rolling down her face,"and Nick. I love you. I have ever sense you left for the academy and I couldn't get you out of my head. You had my back. Always. And I had yours. Nick we are best friends, but I want more than that. I want to go out on a date with you, I want to marry you, I want to have kits with you, and I want to grow old with you. I know we're different and many mammals won't agree with it but I don't care. I want you in my life forever."
    "Carrots...."
    "Yeah Nick," Judy said through tears.
    Nick then leaned forward and kissed Judy's lips and Judy accepted it. They both enjoyed it. Then Nick heard a snap and saw a light.
   "What the-"
   "Memoriam you dumb fox," Judy laughed.
   "Sly bunny," Nick said then kissed her again.
   "Rock paper sissors on who has to tell Clawhouser?" Nick asked with a grin.
   "Sure," Judy laughed.
   They did the short game of which Judy won.
   "Ha ha. You gotta tell him Slick!" Judy yelled in triumph.
   "Really. Ok. As long as I have you I can do anything," Nick said. The two then decided to go into the house.
    "So. Can I sleep in the same bed with you?" Nick asked with a grin.
   "Only if you want to get shot by my dad," Judy chuckled.
   "Well as long as I don't eat the Carrots I should be ok."
   "Nick!" Judy yelled in a whisper.
   "Alright. I'll sleep on the couch. We can tell your parents tomorrow," Nick suggested.
   "Nick Wilde. Are you afraid to tell my parents?" Judy grinned slyly.
   "No. Your dad loves me," Nick smiled.
   "Really?"
   "Yes."
   "Ok. Well I'm going to bed. Night slick," Judy said walking upstairs.
   "Goodnight Carrots." Nick said back.
   Nick was happy. For the first time in a long time Nick was truly happy.

AN-Finally! Their together! Now I know this story has had its problems sticking to one place but I promise you it's all about to change.
Till Next Time...