Hopps family reunion

AN-I know it was only a short time ago sense I wrote 'a Wilde family reunion' but I'm running out of ideas and need some fillers.
Enjoy.

   It's been five weeks sense Nicks first daughter came back into his life, and now looking back the fox could not be more happier with where his life has gone.
   He had an incredible job. He had amazing friends he could count on. And he had the greatest family ever of whom he loved dearly.
   Judy has been along side of Nick through everything, and the two where inseparable.
   Nick's mom and Dad patched things up with eachother and have started their life together again.
   Finnick and Kyle now own the largest mechanic shop in Bunny-Burrow and Zootopia.
   The Hopps family still see there daughter and son-in-law and their Grandkits.
   Amy found her an apartment close the her dads house and visits him and Judy all the time. In fact Amy now sees Judy as a mom-figure.
   All in all everything was perfect. And the Hopps and Wildes were just as perfect.
###
   It was that time of the month where Nick and Judy would go and stay the weekend at her parents place. It was pretty regular. The two would drive down there, Help out her parents, spend time with the family for the next two days, and then go home.
   But this time it was different.
   The Hopps family decided to have a big cookout and invite a lot of there family from out of town to visit. This included family that Judy knew would not take kindly to thre being a fox on the premises.
   "Nick, you don't have to go," Judy said as the couple was packing the car.
   "Now what would I do in this house alone? I would die of bordum," Nick said as he shut the trunk.
   "I just don't know how much of my family will make comments about you."
   "Carrots, I have handled with an entire city making comments about me. I don't think a few bunnies are going to make a difference. And there's one other thing," Nick said bringing Judy closer to him,"Never let them see that they get to you."
   Judy smiled and hugged Nick tightly,"I just don't know if I could handle the comments."
   "It's ok, Carrots. You'll think of something. You always do."
   With that they couple got in the car and their first stop was to Nicks moms house to drop off the kits.
   Being married to a fox would be one thing to the family. Having lots with the fox..might as well bring the wrath of God.
###
   The drive was long. It always was a good four hour drive, but even the four hours wasn't enough time for Judy. She was still nervous and she had every right to be. Finally they saw her parents house and it was surrounded by cars.
   Nick parked his car next to Kyle's old pick up truck and sat there for a minute.
   The fox then reached for Judy's hand and squeezed it saying,"We can do this."
   Judy nodded and they exited he vehicle and the headed to the back yard where everything would be taking place.
   They heard chatting on the other side of the gate that led to the backyard and both of them knew that was all about to change.
   Nick opened the gate and, like a gentleman, allowed Judy to go in first. Then he entered.
   The couples assumptions were seen as being correct as everyone went so quiet you could hear a pen drop on cotton.
   The fox and bunny did not draw an easy breath till Stu came up to the couple and said,"There's my favorite son-in-law."
   "Dad. He's your only son-in-law at the moment."
   "Giving him the reason to be my favorite," Stu laughed. Nick felt himself get less nervous as he put an arm around Judy.
   "Well, were here Stu. I must say this is some kind of party."
   "It's not a party Nick. Just a get together."
   "Could've fooled me. Everyone seems like there're having fun."
   Stu then remembered tat everyone was behind him waiting for an explanation on the fox.
   The old rabbit turned around and said,"Everyone. This is my daughter and her husband Nick."
   Now they looked with wide eyes. A few were happy for them. A few didn't care. But there was a lot who saw a problem.
   Everyone recovered from their shock and went back to conversation. Judy decided to help her mom with a few things and Nick was trying to find something to do or someone to talk to.
   Then the fox looked to his left to see Kyle. Nick walked to the bunny and said,"Kyle. How's it goin?"
   "Nick? I didn't think you would show. I thought you would be too scared."
   "Yeah but your sister pulled my ears till I gave in."
   The two laughed and engaged in conversation. Then Nick noticed a female bunny walking up to them.
   "Kyle, where can I find a bathroom?" the bunny said.
   "It's passed the kitchen down the hall to the right," Kyle said to the female Nick now recognized as being Kyle's wife. 
   Nick and Judy were at the wedding for the two and Nick didn't know how he forgot about her. She freaked out over the fox at first, but Nick always knew how to charm animals into liking him.
   When Stacy noticed Nick she smiled and said,"Oh. Nick and Judy are here? I was needing to talk to Judy. Where is she?"
   "She's helping Bonnie in the kitchen," Nick answered with a smile.
   "Ok. Thanks."
   "What was that all about?" Nick asked Kyle.
   "I don't know. She's been acting strange a lot. Anyway you were talking to me about your daughter?"
   "Oh yeah. So anyway. It was really amazing when I found out it was your sister who had called her..."
###
   "Mom, where did you put the flour?"
   "It's in the top cabinet, Judy."
   The two bunnies were working on making desserts for the occasion and were talking at the same time about various things.
   While in the middle of a conversation about Judy catching the Chief dancing to Gazelle Judy heard her named called.
   The bunny turned around to see Kyle's wife, Stacy.
   "Hey girl. What's up?"
   "Judy can I talk to you for a second in private?"
   The bunny looked to her mom who Nodded.
   "Sure."
   The two tamale bunnies then walked to an empty room and started to talk.
   "What's up?"
   "How did you know you were pregnant?"
   Judy was taken aback by this question and thought about it.
   "I passed out in front of the entire ZPD," Judy laughed. She soon saw that the other bunny wasn't amused and decided to get serious.
   "Well I was getting really sick in the mornings but after that I would be fine. I would get into bad moods without even noticing it. And I just got hungrier."
   Stacy thought about what Judy had just said and noticed that she had been feeling the same way for the past three days.
   "Judy, I think I might be pregnant."
   Judy was happy for Stacy and then noticed the look she had.
   "What's wrong?"
   "I'm worried about Kyle. What if he's not ready to have kits. What if he's too busy for something like this?"
   "Stacy, I have lived with Kyle my whole life and he may be a lot of things, but he's not a bad bunny. He'll be happy to have these kits with you. Kyle has always liked kits. Hell, he'll probably pass out with joy," Judy said.
   This calmed Stacy down about it and finally she smiled,"How can I be sure?"
   Judy thought for a second and then had an idea.
   She went to her room and got one of the bags out. Inside was Judy's purse. She reached in and grabbed some money.
   "Let's get to the car. Nick won't even know it's gone."
###
   "Where the hell is my car?" Nick said.
   "I saw Judy take off in it about five minutes ago," an old rabbit said.
   Nick looked to the old timer who was sitting in an old rockin chair on the porch.
   "What you doin out here old timer?"
   "I just like being on my own. That's all. I only came because Stu asked me to."
   Nick was hesitant but went and sat down on a patch swing next to the old rabbit.
   "I'm Nick," The fox said reaching out his paw.
   "Earl."
   "So your not big on mammals huh?"
   "Not in this generation. A bunch of disrespectful pricks is what they are."
   "Yessir, I believe that."
   "Now who did you say you where again?"
   "I'm Nick. Judy's husband."
   "Ah. Your the fox I've been hearing about. I gotta say I wasn't too fond of meeting you. Hell, I was hoping I didn't have to."
   "I understand that sir. You seem like and old fashioned fellow, and you only want what's best for your family."
   "Hell, I thought this farm was what was best for the family. I gave it to Stu when I retired, and I thought it would be enough to tell him that I really loved him. But he doesn't see it that way."
   "When was the last time you two had a heart to heart."
   "Not sense his momma died," Earl said.
   This took Nick by surprise.
   "How?"
   "Cancer."
   "I'm sorry to hear that sir."
   "Nah it's fine, fox. She died in peace. Now she rests in peace."
   "You know. I know that I'm just some dumb fox who married your granddaughter, but I think that you should go out there and be with your family."
   "And whys that?"
   "Because they need you. Your the oldest living relative in this family. And I'm sure that Stu would love to have you join him. He wants you to prove that you love him."
   "And what if he don't want that?"
   "Mr. Hopps. This is something that I had to learn the hard way many years ago," Nick said as he put a paw on the rabbits shoulder,"Don't ever let them see that they get to you."
   For the first time sense they started talking Nick saw a smile appear on the old rabbits face.
   "Thanks fox. I needed that. You know what, your alright. I like you. Very respectful and well mannered."
   "Thank you sir."
   It was then that Nick heard his car pull into the driveway.
   "You know I used to have one of those," Earl said pointing to the car,"I used to get a lot of girls."
   Nick laughed and was about to say hi to Judy but she ran for the house with Stacy.
   "I think it's a girl thing," Earl said.
   "Yeah. Well I'm gonna go see if they need any help with the cookout."
   Nick was about to go but then heard the old rabbit speak again,"Nick. Could you help me out there. I would like to be with the family."
   Nick smiled and helped the old rabbit out of his rocking chair and into a wheel chair.
   The fox and rabbit had a nice conversation as Nick pushed him to the back yard and parked it by an old patio table.
###
   Judy and Stacy went straight to a bathroom when they got back to the house. It killed her to ignore Nick but she didn't need him to know just yet.
   Judy reached into the store bag and handed Stacy and pregnancy test. She did what she had to and watch as the plastic stick said,'Postitive.'
   Stacy cried tears of joy at this and wanted to tell Kyle. So the two females went outside were everyone else was.
   Judy looked around for Nick and saw a sight for the gods.
   Nick was talking to her grandfather.
   The bunny walked to her husband and sat down,"Hey there slick. Hey papa. I didn't think you were going to join us."
   "Well, this fox here changed my mind. I am the oldest living relative in the Hopps clan," Earl said with a smile.
   "So what were you doing, Carrots?"
   "You'll find out soon enough," Judy said.
   Nick and Judy talked for a long while and Earl managed to get himself to Stu, and those two started talking.
   As Nick and Judy were talking a younger bunny, about eighteen, walked to the couple.
   "I'm sorry fox, we don't serve meat."
   "That's alright. I'm a vegetarian," Nick said with a wink to the rabbit who was obviously trying to start something.
   "You trying to be funny fox?"
   "No. It just comes naturally," Nick responded with a sly grin.
   "Fred, just leave," Judy said.
   The bunny now known as Fred left with anger and the fox and bunny went back to their conversation.
   "So you fell in the field and was afraid to move because you didn't want to hurt the carrots?" Nick said laughing.
   "I was afraid of Karma," Judy said.
   "Carrots, they don't have living parts. They are food."
   "Maybe you think that. But I everything has a purpose."
   "And the purpose of a Carrots is to be eaten."
   "Exactly. Eaten. Not smashed."
   The two laughed again and then heard Kyle's voice through the whole backyard getting everyone's attention.
   "Excuse me everyone. I know that your probably in your own conversation, but I have to announce that I am now the happiest rabbit in Bunny-Burrow. Because just a few moments ago my wife told me that she was pregnant and were having kits."
   Every Hopps that wasi n the backyard clapped and cheered happy for the buck.
   Earl then leaned to Nick and said,"When are you two going to have kits?"
   "We already do old timer, we just thought that everyone would need to get used to having a fox in the family first."
    "You'll be waiting forever. A lot of bunnies here are hard headed little shits," Earl said sitting straight again.
   Nick and Judy laughed at the comment and spent the rest of the night together.
   In all there was fourteen rabbits trying to start a fight with Nick but the fox wasn't going to let that happen. He wasn't going to let them see that they got to him.
   It was around midnight before everyone was gone. At that Time Nick and Judy went to their bedroom they shared in the Hopps house and curled up together. Sleep came fast for the two as they held eachother tightly.

AN-So yeah. That was the newest chapter. I hope y'all enjoyed it. Pretty heart touching at some points and the same amount of fun. I wanted to put some more in here but I didn't. Why? I don't know. Got lazy.
Till Next Time....