Broken hearts and mended wounds.

AN-Alright this is my newest chapter. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I must warn you that you WILL cry. I know this because I cried just writing it.
Enjoy.

   Nick and Judy Wilde sat in the waiting room of the hospital to see their doctor. This was a very special day for the two because they were going to learn the species and gender of their kits.
   Judy was excited and so was Nick. They couldn't wait for the results. Then something good came into Nicks head.
   'If she were to give birth to a fox, would it be too big? Could she get hurt?'
   These thoughts had clouded Nicks mind so bad that he didn't hear Judy call his name till the fifth time she called him.
   "Yeah, Carrots?"
   "The doc is ready to see us," Judy said looking at her husband with a worried expression.
   "Well then, let's get going," Nick said with his smile that Judy loved.
###
   "Ok, Mrs. Wilde are you ready?" the nurse asked the bunny while putting the cold gel on the old metal that would cause a cold feeling on Judy's fur.
   "Yes ma'am. We have been waiting for this day," Judy responded with a wink looking toward Nick.
   "Alright then," the said as she put the radar on Judy's belly and moved at around till she saw what she was looking for. Two kits who would be ready in a couple of months.
   "So. What do you see doc?" Nick asked.
   "You will have a male bunny," the nurse answered with a smile that caused Nick and Judy to smile with joy also.
   Then the nurse said,"and one female fox."
   Judy was really happy to know what her kits were going to be then noticed that Nick looked worried. Before Judy could ask what was wrong Nick spoke to the nurse,"How would this affect Judy? I mean isn't there a size difference with her giving birth to a fox?"
   "Well, there is a chance that there will be complications but that's very unlikely. If she would not be able to give birth to the kit she would have been conceived. But if something was to go wrong there is no way it could affect the baby. And it shouldn't be fatal to the mother."
   Nick looked a little worried but not as much as he was. Nick just looked to Judy with a small smile and gave her a short kiss.
   "So, the two of you may leave if you wish," the nurse said before getting up and walking out the door.
   "Nick, I want you to know that everything is going to be ok," Judy said taking nicks paw into her own.
   "I know Carrots. I just worry about you. I love you too much to lose you."
   "I know Nick. But I am Judy Wilde. The first Bunny to join the ZPD. I have taken on mammals ten times my size. And I'm married to the most cunning fox in Zootopia. I can take care of a little vixen inside my stomach," Judy said kissing Nick on the cheek.
   "Why is it that you always know what to say?"
   "You know you love me.." Judy said looking to her fox.
   "Do I know that? Yes. Yes I do."
==================================
   The phone rang loudly in the middle of the night while the newly married couple slept.
   Tired, Nick grabbed the phone and saw that is was Finnick.
   "What is it, Finn?" Nick said in the phone as Judy listened to his voice,"Woah bud slow down...what?!?...ok give us five minutes!"
   Nick hung up the phone and bolted up," Judy get dressed and in the car we gotta go!"
   "Nick? What is it?"
   "Your sister!"
   Judy heart stopped and her soul crushed,"What?"
   "She was in accident, Judy. We gotta go."
   Judy felt tears in her eyes as she grabbed an old T-Shirt and a pair of jeans then ran to put them on in the car.
   Nick sped fast to the hospital and finally made it. He then ran inside where he saw Finnick who was in pieces. Nick sat next to his friend and put an arm around him and Judy. Both were tore up and that was why Nick tried to be strong at that moment.
   Stu and Bonnie came in a few hours after Nick and Judy arrived. Everyone sat together and just prayed that Amber would be ok.
   Finnick had explained that she had left to go home when a pickup truck T-Boned her car. He called Nick after he heard how severe the accident was.
   Judy was crying and shaking while holding Nick. The fox didn't know what to do or say. He just held Judy and tried to stay calm.
   The doctor came into the waiting room where everyone was. The whole group went to the fox for the information.
    "Ambers condition is critical. She has severe head injuries, broken bones, and even a pictured lung. We don't know if she'll make it through the night."
   The doctor said the last part with remorse. Judy began to cry again and Finnick lost it,"Bullshit. That is fucking Bullshit. Amber is fine and I know that," Finnick was doing everything in his power to deny what the doctor was saying and stay strong but failed. The small fox just ran to his van and locked the door so no one could see him cry.
   Bonnie and Stu were not taking it easy at all. They weren't ready to let go of one of their children.
   Judy was taking it the worst. Amber had always been like Judy's best friend. The two did everything together as kits and always kept that relationship as adults.
   Nick was upset also, but he had to be strong for Judy and her family.
   "May we see her?," Stu asked the doctor.
   "Yes. She is awake but very weak."
   Everyone nodded and Nick said he would get Finnick. The fox walked outside to his friends van and went inside.
   Nick saw the smaller fox in the driver seat looking at a picture of him and Amber. Nick saw the tears in his eyes and it broke his heart.
   Nick had always seen Finnick as a hard ass. He never let anyone get the best of him and he never got emotional for anything. Then Amber came into his life. Now she was dying and Finnick didn't want that.
   Nick then got to thinking. What if it were Judy? It was then that Nick felt more sorry for his friend than ever before.
   "Finn?" Nick called from behind him.  
   "What do you want Nick?" Finnick said wiping the tears away.
   "I have a feeling that there is a certain bunny who would want nothing more than to see her fox," Nick suggested with a wink.
   Finnick shook his head and gripped tightly to the wheel,"Nick. I'm scared. I don't want to lose her."
   Nick did the only thing he knew to do. He put his arm around his friend and held him as Finnick cried on his shoulder.
   "You know. I was going to propose on her birthday next month. I already got the ring. What am I going to do without her?"
   "Finnick. I know how you feel. If I were to lose Judy I would be in your exact situation. But let me tell you something. Sitting in this van crying isn't going to help her. If you feel fear so will she. That's why you have to stay strong. If not for yourself, then for Amber."
   Finnick looked to his friend with a smile. Nick always had a way of making mammals feel better.
   The two exited the van and asked for the room number.
   The two foxes finally made it to their destination, and opened the door. Inside was five rabbits. Judy, Stu, Bonnie, Kyle, and Amber. Everyone turned to look at the foxes. Nick took a seat next to Judy and watched as Finnick looked at Amber. Nick could see that Finnick and a hundred things going through his mind and decided to help his friend out.
   "Carrots, I think we need to give them a moment alone," Nick said loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.
   "Yeah, Bon, let's get something to eat. You coming Kyle?"
   "Sure dad."
   With that everyone was gone and Finnick sat at Ambers side.
   "Hey, Whiskers," Finnick said trying to smile.
   Amber look to her boyfriend with a smile and said,"I love you so much."
   That caused Finnick to tear up again.
   "Hey, Finnick, please don't cry."
   "I don't want to lose you. You mean everything to me." 
   "Finnick. I love you, and you know that. And I know you love me. So if you truly loved me you would be strong for me. Whatever happens shall happen we can't do anything about it."
   "But I can't do it without you. If you to..leave me what would I do?"
   "You would continue to love me," Amber said with a wink. Finnick was crying and put his head on her arm.
   "I love you Amber. More than I thought I could love anyone. I don't want to lose you but I have to let you go in order to stop you from suffering I will. Just know that I would trade places with you in a heart beat. But if this is it and I have to live with you being torn away from me, I'm going to at least do this one thing. I was going to wait until your birthday, but fuck it. Amber Stephany Hopps, Will you marry me?"
   The bunny was in tears as she looked to the fox and said,"Yes. I love you so much. Yes."
   Finnick kissed her and handed her the ring he had bought earlier that week. Slipping it in her finger Amber felt herself cry. If she were to die tonight, she would die happy.
###
   Amber was brought into her final surgery to try and fix other i gurus brought on by the crash. However it didn't end well.
   Amber Stephany Hopps died on the operating table on July 15, 2017. She was 28 years old. 
   Her funeral would be that Wednesday and before that time the family had only one request.
###
   The entire Hopps clan, some hustlers Nick recognized, Mr. Big, and many of the ZPD were around the pine casket that Wednesday evening saying their final goodbyes to Amber. The preacher gave his sermon as everyone took turns putting flowers in the casket. Finnick cried on his way there but found the strength to say four word before the box would be lowered,"I love you, Amber."
   And one look at the stone made Finnick smile. The Hopps family wasn't too fond of Finnick at first but they grew to like him as much as Nick. And their last request for the funeral of Amber made Finnick love them even more dearly.
The casket read: Amber Stephany Frey.
   They gave her Finnicks last name as their final request.
==================================
   Things weren't really the same after that. The grieving process took a couple of weeks but after a while everyone was functioning again.    Finnick went to Ambers grave every Wednesday just to talk to her. He never got a response from his lost bunny, but he knew she was looking down on him smiling. That's why he did it.
   Judy would visit her too on the weekends, and so would the Hopps family.
   Amber would always be in their heart and they knew she would want them to live their lives and be happy. So that's what they were going to do. Live their lives for her.
###
   Judy Wilde and Nick Wilde were laying in their bed together one night as peaceful as ever. Until Nick heard Judy call his name.
   "Nick?!?" 
   "What is it Carrots?" Nick asked sleepily
   "It's time. The kits are coming."
   That woke the fox up. He jumped off the bed and grabbed a suitcase they already had packed for the day this would happen.
   "How is everything going Carrots? Are you ok?" Nick asked worried.
    "Nick I'm fine, but let's try to hurry. I don't want to have my kits in this apartment."
    Nick knew she was serious and quickly got her into the car. The drive took longer than Nick wanted but the couple got their nonetheless.
   Judy was taken into the hospital room as soon as the two made it into the hospital. Judy's pain was getting worse and her breathing was getting faster. Most of that was because she was about to give birth to a fox.
   Nick called Bonnie and Stu while they were waiting for the doctor and even had time to call Finnick. As being like a brother to him Finnick should be there.
   The doctor finally came and the operation started.
   The bunny pushed and sweated as the doctor ordered and with a little work a small baby bunny was brought into the world. He was an adorable buck. He had grey fur with black on the top of his ears and his paws. His eyes were the same color as his fathers.  Nick felt his heart warm up, but then got worried again. Nick knew what was coming next and it worried him.
   "Alright Mrs. Wilde, this is going to be hard but I need you to work hard at this. Can you do that for me?" The doctor asked looking up to the bunny on the bed.
   Judy said nothing but nodded. The doctor told her to push again and she did so screaming loudly. The pain was like she was in hell and she wanted to quit. But she wasn't going to do that. She was going to be strong for Nick.
    Nick was about to panic when he saw Judy getting weak, but came back into his senses when she pushed again and Nick heard crying. She did it. In the doctors arms was a beautiful baby vixen. She was red. Same shade as Nick. In fact she looked just like Nick except for her eyes which were exact replicas of Judy's.
   "Mr. And Mrs. Wilde. I present to you, your kits," the doctor said giving Judy her baby's. Both of them had tears in their eyes. Judy then heard a 'click' and looked up to see Ncl with his phone.
   "What on earth are you doing?"
   "I needed a change in background," Nick said. He then put on the selfie cam and put himself in a pic with him holding Judy who was holding their kits,"And that ones for my furbook."
   Nick winked to his wife and then she asked a question that Nick hadn't thought about,"What are we going to name them?"
   Nick thought about the question then had an idea for their son,"I want to name him Justin," Nick said taking the bunny into his arms.
   Judy looked to Nick and said," I love that name."
   "Well then you can pick hers," Nick said with a smile.
   Judy looked to her new daughter and finally said a name that she was debating on.
   "Amber."
   Nick looked to Judy then smiled as he walked to his wife and gave her a kiss on the lips,"I love it."
   It was about that time when the work had gotten to Judy and she felt asleep. Nick took both babies into his arms and looked at them. There were tears found in the eye of the fox.
   "Justin and Amber Wilde. It is very nice to meet you. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Nick Wilde. You can just call me dad. And your moms name is Judy Wilde. It used to be Judy Hopps but I changed that. Anyway there is a really funny story about how me and your mommy met. You see it started during my hustling days. Me and your uncle Finnick were trying to by a jumbo pop when your mom walked into the shop...."
   Nick went on tell the story of he and Judy and she slept. Nick knew that he kits could not yet understand him but Nick didn't care. He was in love with the kits and wanted to bond with them immediately.
    "And then the same day we found out that you two were made me I proposed to your mom and we got married," Nick said finishing the story. Nick looked at his kids and knew they were going to have a hard life for who and what they were. That's why Nick had to be the father they needed. He couldn't promise to be perfect and he knew he was going to mess up a time or two. But these were his kits and he was going to do anything for them.
###
   Judy woke up from her sleep an hour later, and the two decided to call everyone in to meet the new kits.
   One everyone was in the room(Stu, Bonnie, Finnick, and Fru-Fru) Judy and Nick spoke to the family. 
   "Bunnies, fox, and shrew, we present to you, Justin and Amanda Wilde."
   Everyone loved the idea of naming the fox Amanda. Judy and her had been best friends their entire lives and it seemed like the perfect idea to tribute her in that way.
   "They're adorable sweetheart," Bonnie said smiling at her new grandkids and Stu did the same.
   Finnick noticed that Amanda was looking at Nick and said,"I think you got a daddy's girl on your hands there bud."
   Nick and Judy both laughed,"We will love both of them." 
   Nick then gave Judy a kiss on the lips as a doctor came to take a few tests on the kits to make sure they were ok. Once everything was seen as ok the couple could get registered to leave. When the kits were taken out of the room Nick told Judy he had to go somewhere and he would be back as soon as possible.
   Nick was gone for about two hours.
   "Where were you?" Judy asked curiously.
   "It's a surprise, Carrots," Nick responded with a wink then looked to see that she had the kits again,"Thy are so small."
   "Yeah, but you better keep this picture cause you know it won't be like this for long."
   "I know Carrots. That's why I'm going to savor every moment I have with them."
   Judy and Nick sat in the bed for a while then Nick got an idea.
   "You want to have everyone in the ZPD have a heart attack, Carrots?" 
   Judy looked to Nick with confusion till she saw that he was ready to send the picture he took of Judy and the kits.
   "Oh sweet cheese and crackers. That would bust all the windows," Judy said laughing,"Ok. Let's send it."
   It was sent, and Nick and Judy could just imagine the hell everyone was going through right now.

AN-So. How was it? I know it was probably too much to handle in one chapter, but I wanted to put something good in here after what happened to Amber. Now we will start the stage of Nick and Judy's kits and how they will be raised. Now more than ever I need your comments for suggested chapters.
Till Next Time.....