Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Finnick Pov.

Annie comes out of her room with a small smile. I walk towards her.

"Why are you so happy?" I ask curiously.

"My dad came and visited me last night." She whispers in my ear.

I nod my head and smile. We sit down for breakfast and I can tell she's trying to avoid all eye contact with her parents or Larry. I can see how hard it is for her, how much pain she is in. I know that she wants to hug them and talk to them, but she knows that she can't or else they will be punished. I think she's handling it better than I could. She's maintaining her emotions and not letting herself spiral out of control.

After breakfast, Annie and Mick have to get ready for training. Annie gets dressed and I walk over to her.

"Hey so when you're training, try to learn the little things, don't go for the weapons right away. Shelter building, edible and non edible plants, try that first okay?" I try to help her.

She nods her head. "I'm not good at any of the weapons anyway. I'll just paint myself and hide like six does every year."

"You were good at knives. Practice and then use it for your private training." I instruct her.

"Okay, I'll try that." She says. I walk her to training.

"You're going to do great." I look at her and say it seriously. I hug her and she hugs me back. When I pull away from the hug, I see the other girls twirling their hair with their fingers and waving at me. I roll my eyes and they sigh and give me rude looks.

I walk back to the apartment and sit in my room and do nothing but lay down in my bed and stare at the ceiling.

----------------------------------------------

Annie Pov.

I go to the training centers with Finnick by my side. We talk and he gives me some extra advice. He hugs me and I see the other girls trying to flirt with him. He pulls away, rolls his eyes at them, and walks away. They make rude looks at him and at me. I get mad, without thinking, I walk to the knives, take the biggest one, throw it, and hit the target. They look at me with shock on their faces.

"Leave my boyfriend alone." I say sternly.

I walk to the other stations and learn shelter making, edible and non edible plants, and many other survival skills that will be helpful to me in the arena. Mick and I end up at the snare station.

"You showed those girls." Mick says as he ties a knot.

I smile.

"They're going to be mad at you in that arena." he says.

"I know. But I'm ready to take them." I respond loudly so that they might be able to hear me.

"Finnick said you didn't get jealous." Mick says.

"I didn't get jealous! I got annoyed when they were giving me unnecessary rude looks!" I yell.

"Maybe you'll be more lethal in the arena than I thought." he says sarcastically.

I laugh. "I'm ready."