Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Annie Pov.

I wake up extremely upset. I don't want to eat anymore of the breakfasts or dinners because my mom and Larry are the avoxes. Dad was just killed last night because of me. Finnick was telling me that it wasn't my fault, but I know that's not true. It is my fault. Finnick sits up and gives me a sad smile.

"I think I'm going to just do knives today in training." I tell him.

"Why?" he asks slightly confused.

"Because, I want to pretend that one of those dummies is Snow." I explain.

He grins. "You should do it then."

I go to breakfast but I don't look at the avoxes. I can't. I just sit there and eat without talking or looking at anyone.

It's time for training, it's the last day before personal training which is tomorrow. I put on my training uniform and Finnick walks me there.

"I'm sorry about what happened yesterday." he whispers before I go to train.

I give him a quick hug and walk into training. The other girls look at me and I ignore them. I don't need their drama right now. I go straight to the knife station. I pick up a handful and just start throwing. I'm hitting all the targets and I don't stop. I think I've thrown about twenty now. I grab more.

"Slow down!" Mick exclaims sarcastically.

"I was in the zone Mick!" I laugh a little.

He laughs. "I can see that. But seriously, cool it with the knives. I was scared watching you."

"That's the point." I say as I throw another one.

He picks one up and tries it. He hits the right arm.

"Not bad. But you have to try to aim for the head or gut if you're going to kill anyone." I show him as I throw one into the dummy's head.

"Do you think you'll be able to do that to a person?" he asks with a quiet voice.

"I might, if I pretend it's the president." I whisper and he gives a quick laugh.

I keep throwing knives because I feel like I'm calming down from what happened yesterday. Then the jealous girls walk over.

"You can't hog one station the whole time you know." The girl from one says sarcastically.

"You know, Finnick is taken so there's no point in flirting with him." I say in the same annoying tone.

"Come on girls. This was a waste of time." she says.

"So was curling your hair for survival training!" I retaliate. She gives me a rude look and I laugh. I go back to my knife throwing and keep throwing knives till the end of training.

Finnick comes to pick me up.

"So how was today's training?" he asks me.

"Well I got into another disagreement with the girl from one and her snotty friends." I tell him.

He laughs a little. "Doesn't surprise me."

I laugh a little to. He holds my hand and walks me into the elevator. He pushes the button and we ride it upstairs. I go in my room and take a shower. I come out and it's time for dinner. I sit with Finnick like usual and everyone chit chats except me. I go to bed because tomorrow is personal training and I want to be full of energy and well rested. I finally fall asleep.

----------------------------------------------

"Training scores today!" Pearl squeals.

I get up without talking to her and I put on my training uniform. Finnick walks me to training per usual.

"Throw knives like crazy. Pretend like it's one of those peacekeepers, or better yet, Snow." He tells me with a grin.

I nod my head and give him a quick hug. I wait for my name to be called. The other tribute walk in and exit the other way.

I walk in and pick up a handful of knives. I throw them all at once. The peacekeepers look at me, I think they're shocked. I throw more with both hands I don't stop. There's no more room on the dummy by the time I've thrown them, so I move on to the next one. I use all the knives and the game makers excuse me. I walk away and Finnick is in the elevator.

"Hey beautiful." he says and grabs my hand.

"Hey." I blush.

"So how was your last day of training?" he asks.

"It was pretty good. I used all of the knives there." I tell him.

"That's cool... and kind of scary." he laughs.

I hug him. "I don't have that much longer with you."

He puts his fingers through my hair as I stay in his arms. The elevator doors open as we're still hugging.

"Awkward." Mick says sarcastically.

"Whatever Mick." Finnick says with a quick laugh.

We walk hand in hand to the dinner table.

"So tonight we find out your training scores. And then my favorite part, the interviews are tomorrow night!" Pearl says in her usual over happy voice.

We all sit on the couch after dinner. I sit with Finnick and lay my head on his shoulder. Caesar starts announcing the scores. He gets to Mick.

"Mick, with the score of a 6." Caesar says emotionlessly.

I wonder how Mick got a six, he's always been really good at everything in training. I'm gonna ask him after the show what happened.

Caesar starts talking again. I know he's going to say my score. "Annie, with the score of a 9."

I smile a little and Finnick squeezes me.

"I told you! You have a good chance at winning this thing Annie!" Finnick exclaims, he's acting like he just won a bet or something. I laugh.

"Good job Annie." Mick says.

"Mick, what happened? You were so good at training. I thought you'd get an eight or higher." I ask him.

"Because, I don't want the careers on me right away." he explains.

I nod my head. Finnick picks me up and spins me because he's so excited for me.

"You know that I'm going to sponsor you most of the time right?" he asks.

"I figured." I laugh.

I might win, I could win, I will win.