Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Finnick Pov.

Annie gets back from training with a grin on her face. I know she won't tell me what she did. When she goes in her room, I'll ask Mick what she did.

"Hey Annie!" I say happily.

"Hey Finn!" She exclaims. She hasn't been happy the last couple of days. Why is she happy now?

"How was your first day of training?" I ask her.

"Good, I'm getting better. I learned a bunch of new stuff." she tells me proudly.

"Good job!" I congratulate her. She laughs.

"I'm going to go clean up and I'll be out for dinner soon." she says walking into her room.

"Mick." I say.

"Yea?" he asks.

"What did Annie do in training?" I ask. For once, I'm being the noisy one.

"Well, she threw knife perfectly at the target and told the girls to leave her boyfriend alone." he says and I smile.

"Then what?" I ask, thinking that there is more.

"Then she was tying knots, and I whispered to her that those girls are going to go for her in the arena, and she said that she can take them. Then I told her that she's more lethal than I thought and she said that she's ready." he tells me everything.

"That's awesome, she finally has some confidence that she can win!" I exclaim.

Mick nods his head. I sit down on the couch waiting for Annie. She comes out and sits down next to me.

"Hey Finn." she says.

"Hey. So I know you're the noisy one, but I got some information about your training today." I say mysteriously.

"And what did you find out?" she asks.

"Well, apparently you scared those girls in training when you threw those knives, and yelled at them." I answer her question, trying not to laugh. As her mentor, I'm not supposed to let her fight with the other tributes, but as her boyfriend, I'm stoked that she did that.

"I don't know if I scared them... I just showed them what I was going to do to them if they didn't stop being so annoying." she says trying not to smile.

I start laughing.

"What's so funny?" she asks confused.

"I just... I'm proud of you for what you did to those girls back there." I say still trying to stop laughing.

"What?" she asks.

"You think you can't win, but I know you can! You just gave yourself a whole new reputation! Trust me you can win. You can win for me." I practically yell I'm so happy and excited.

She stares at me blankly and I don't know what she's thinking. She leans in and whispers in my ear. "I'm going to win for you."