Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Annie Pov.

Why has Sarah kept this from me? We're supposed to be best friends and she didn't tell me. It makes since that now because she has been hanging out with Jerry so much. I can't believe Finnick completely crushed Jerry. Even though I don't like that Finnick beat him up because of me, I think its cute how protective he is of me.

"Sarah why did you..." I start but she cuts me off.

"Oh so you guys are allowed to keep it secret were not?" she asks rudely. "Come on Jerry, lets go." she says as she grabs his hand.

"Well, I guess Jerry needs Sarah to protect him." Finnick mumbles and I smile. Sarah must've heard because she gives us a mean look.

"Why do you always feel the urge to protect me?" I ask with a smile.

"Because, you're you." Finnick says as he smiles back. He kisses me. "When are you going to learn that I'll always protect you, no matter what?"

"I don't know." I tell him and I smile. "When are you going to stop being so defensive?"

"Never."

"I don't want you to stop protecting me. Even though I don't admit it, I need your protection." I admit honestly.

This makes him smile.

"I don't care if you didn't want my protection, I'd still protect you from people like him."

"I know." I hug him and he kisses my cheek.

"I love you Annie." He whispers.

"I love you too."