Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Annie Pov.

Finnick knows what I did to those girls back in training. I feel so much more confident now, I finally feel like I might stand a chance at winning. I fall asleep but wake up because my dad kisses my forehead like he did last night. He puts his finger to his lips like last time, but I throw my arms around his neck and he hugs me back. He walks out of the room and goes back to doing chores I'm assuming. I fall back asleep.

---------------------------------------------

When I wake up, I walk out to the table and sit down next to Finnick and Mick for breakfast. After breakfast it's time for training again.

The annoying career girls laugh as I walk by.

"You're laughing now?" I ask.

They roll their eyes.

"Let's see if you're laughing in the arena." I say meanly.

They all make stupid noises like 'Uh.' and say things like 'whatever' but I ignore it and I keep trying to learn more skills. After training, I ride in the elevator with Mick to get to our apartment. Finnick is standing at the door like he's trying to block me or my view of something. He has a cut on his face that's bleeding a little. I try to get through the door but he doesn't let me.

"Finnick? Can you move please?" I ask with a slight laugh.

"Annie, please don't come in right now." he practically begs me.

"Why? Finnick let me in please." I say while trying to force my way through. It obviously doesn't work since he is a lot stronger than me.

"Annie don't come in!" he raises his voice. I crawl under his legs and get through the door. On the floor is my dead father.