Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Finnick Pov.

We finally arrive in district four. Even though Annie is going to be given her own house, she is still going to live with me. We get off the train and we are greeted by our friends and my parents. They hug Annie and I.

"We missed both of you." Dad says.

"We missed you guys." Annie says.

He hugs both of us again and my mom hugs us again. We go back to our house. Annie has a bunch of money and so do I now. Maybe she'll actually let me buy her something now. I want to take care of her and make sure she doesn't lose her mind more than she already has. She's still perfect the way she is, but it's not mentally healthy. I'm also going to talk to my mom tonight and see if she will be willing to take care of Annie while I'm gone for the annual Capital visits. I have to explain why I'm leaving once a year. I think if I tell her the truth she'll understand, but then again she might not. That's my fear, that she will do something that she will regret. I think I'll tell her and tell her that it's the president's orders and that Annie, dad, and herself could get killed if I don't. I think she will understand. Annie and I settle at home.

"Hey Annie." I say.

"Yea?" She asks.

"I have to go talk to my mom about something, I should be back in an hour or so, do you want me to call Sarah to come hang out with you while I'm gone?" I offer.

"Yea that's fine." she says. I know she doesn't like being alone now. She was alone for too long in the arena.

I go in the kitchen and dial Sarah's phone number. She says she can come over and she'll be there in a minute or two. I wait with Annie until Sarah arrives. I go to the door when I hear a knock.

"Hi Sarah. Thanks for coming." I thank her.

"No problem." she says. "So what happened to Annie?"

"She has post traumatic stress disorder, and a couple other side effects with it. If she closes her eyes and screams, don't panic just relax her. If she covers her ears, leave her alone, and she rarely laughs at random times. If she laughs at something that's not funny, don't get mad at her. It's just a small quirk she has now." I inform her.

She nods her head. "I feel so bad for her and you."

"She's still the same old Annie, she just has some things she has to deal with now." I tell her.

"Okay I'll stay here until you're back." she says walking upstairs.

"Thanks Sarah!" I yell as I walk out the door. I go to my Mom and Dad's house.

I knock on the door and my dad answers.

"Hey kiddo!" dad says happily.

"Hey dad, can I talk to you and Mom about something?" I ask.

"Of course! Come in." he says letting me inside. I sit down at the table with the two of them and they stare at me waiting to see what's going on.

"So after I won the games, President Snow told me I have to visit the Capital once a year every month. He said that the people in the Capital want to get to know me better and that if I don't go when I'm supposed to, that he'll have you guys and Annie killed." I blurt out everything.

"Finnick, why didn't you tell us sooner? It's been a year since you've known." Mom asks with concern all over her face.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do. I leave when I'm sixteen. So I have to stay even when the games are done. I was going to ask you guys if you could take care of Annie while I'm gone. She needs someone taking care of her and I know that she trusts you guys." I tell them.

"Of course we'll take care of Annie." Dad says.

"I don't understand why the Capital is making you do this." Mom says sadly.

"I don't either." I tell her.

"Thanks for telling us son." Dad thanks me.

"Your welcome." I say. "I'll see you guys later, I gotta get home to Annie."

"Okay. Bye son!" mom says. I walk out the door and back to my house. When I walk through the door, I hear Annie, screaming.