Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Finnick Pov.

I don't know how to react to what Mick is doing. He is really getting annoying. I feel like he's just trying to make me mad. I can't believe what he's doing. He's supposed to be my friend, but he's trying to get my girlfriend to fall for him. I can tell. Even though she keeps trying repeatedly to reject him, he keeps bringing it back up. She doesn't want you Mick! For crying out loud get over it! I'm so jealous it's ridiculous. I don't like how he's making Annie feel either. He's making her feel guilty because he's pretending to be so sad. Mick has always liked the girls that I liked or that liked me. But it never really mattered to me because those girls were not Annie.

--------------------------------------------

Annie Pov.

I wake up and I walk down to the river away from the cave. I'm kind of tired of the whole Mick thing. I feel like he's trying to make Finnick jealous and I don't know why and I don't like it. I also am tired of trying to stop him from hitting on me, and every time I do he cries or makes me feel all guilty. At first I felt sorry for him, but now I want to tell him to get over me and move on. But I don't know how to do that. I've only had one boyfriend, Finnick. So I haven't broken up with anyone, which makes dealing with Mick, very challenging. Mick walks over to me.

"Hey, what you doing?" he asks as I fill my water bottle and wash my hands in the river.

"Filling the water bottle and washing my hands." I say emotionlessly.

He gives me a strange look. "Is everything okay?" he asks.

"Yea I'm fine." I use in the same tone.

"Okay." he says. I don't say anything I just sit by the river. "Annie did I do something wrong?" he asks too innocently.

"Mick, I just don't get it." I say sternly.

"Get what?" he asks innocently again.

"I try to explain to you how I feel. But you keep going. You keep trying to win me over or something." I tell him.

"I just, I thought that if I never gave up, that maybe, just maybe, you would like me. I'm sorry. I promise from here on out, I will stop trying to pressure you." he promises.

I nod my head and walk back to the cave. I hear two canons. Time for the family and friend interviews.