Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Annie Pov.

Finnick walks back to me and just from looking at him, I know that he is holding back from tears. I walk into his arms and he holds me. I know I'm not the same anymore, and that it's probably going to get worse, but I know that Finnick will still care about me the same way.

"Happy birthday." I whisper in his ear.

"You're the best birthday present ever." he whispers back.

"I'm sorry." I apologize.

"For what?" he asks confused.

"I'm sorry that I'm so... broken." I explain my apology.

"It's not your fault Annie. You didn't put yourself in the arena." he tells me.

He looks at me and gently kisses me. "And just because you're different now then you were before, it doesn't mean I love you any less. No matter what happens to either of us I'll always love you Annie." He whispers.

"I love you." I whisper back. "Let's go home."

We get on the train. I close my eyes when I'm in bed and I already start screaming. Finnick comes running through the door. He rubs my back and whispers kind words softly into my ears. He puts me in his arms and cradles me. I close my eyes and I fall asleep as he rocks me gently in his arms, back and forth.

-------------------------------------------

I wake up and Finnick is looking down at me. Did he get any sleep?

"You okay?" he asks.

"Yea I'm fine." I answer.

"Good. I think we're almost home, we're in three right now." he tells me with a toothless smile.

"I can't wait." I say with a small smile.

"Do you feel any different?" Finnick asks.

"I feel a little different. I can't really describe it. Just certain things, certain words, mess with me a bit." I try to explain.

"So like what words?" he asks. I think he's trying to figure out what if what he says hurts me in any way.

"I can write them down." I tell him. I grab a pen and paper. I write down the words, kill, games, blood, knife, behead, and a couple others that are related to these.

"Okay, I'll try to not say these words." he laughs a little.

"That's gonna be hard in our country, considering everyone in the Capital gets a kick out of all these words." I laugh a little to.

"Annie, you don't seem that much different to me." he smiles.

I kiss him and he gives me a hug. I don't want to let my problems that I had in the arena come between us. I love Finnick no matter what happens to him or I. And I won't let anything come between us.