Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Finnick Pov.

I am so proud of Annie for how great she has been doing these last couple of days. I know she can win the games if she keeps it up. Today is the interviews, its the last day before the games. I don't know how I'm going to deal with her being gone. I'm know I'm going to have a hard time with it, I just don't know how hard I'm going to take it yet. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Annie walks out of her room and I walk towards her.

"Good morning!" I exclaim happily. I'm going to spend the whole day with her. I set up a picnic on the roof for us. I'm her mentor, so I'm allowed to spend the day with her if I say that I'm giving her pointers on how to act during the interview or whatever. Annie doesn't need training before the interview. She's already sweet, and funny, and pretty. If she goes up there and acts like herself the Capital will fall for her right away.

"Good morning. You're happy today." She says with a smile.

"Happy to see you." I grab her hand. "I have a little suprise for you. Follow me."

"Okay.." She grins. I guide her into the elevator but cover her eyes with my other hand. I push the button that says 'Roof'' we start moving up.

"Open your eyes." I tell her.

She moves my hand off of her eyes and looks at the picnic.

"It's not like the ones in four but it's not bad." I tell her. I like the picnics we had in four better because I personally hate the Capital. But it's our last day together and I figured that I would do something nice for her to remind her of the things we used to do together.

"Thank you." She says as she throws her arms around me and hugs me.

We sit down on the blanket, and eat the food. After we eat she lays down and I play with her hair.

"Aren't I supposed to be training for my interview?" She asks playfully.

"Well, I'm your mentor, I don't think you need practice. If you act like yourself the Capital will love you. That's why I love you." I tell her. I don't have to look at her to know that I made her blush.

"So you told them that you're training me?" She laughs a little.

"Yup." I laugh.

We sit up there and act as if we're back in four, just having a normal date together.

"What if I'm still in the games for your birthday?" She asks sadly.

"I don't know. Don't worry about that though." I say.

She looks up and gives me a sad smile. I stare at her eyes, they're so pretty and blue. They sparkle.

"You have the prettiest eyes." I complement her.

"I wish I had green eyes like you, those are my favorite." She tells me.

"Blue eyes are my favorite." I say.

I kiss her forehead and Pearl comes walking through the door. Darn it!

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you two! You think you can just walk around and do nothing?! There is surious buisness that needs to happen today!" She yells. She never yells, she must be mad. Pearl always talks about manners and all that stuff, so she doesn't usually get so angry. This is definetly unlike her.

"Pearl, I am Annie's mentor. I already gave her some advice we were just taking a break." I lie. Pearl kind of gets on my nerves. I know she means well, but she's too stuck up in my opinion.

"Well Annie's prep team needs her now if they're going to be able to have her ready for the interviews today." She says not as angirly.

"Okay." Annie says walking with Pearl. She gives me a sad wave and I wink at her and she smiles.