Fall and Rise

*Yawn*... 'ugh' I thought to myself as I leaned back in my computer chair.

Glancing at the clock in my bed, I saw that it was 10:30 PM. I was currently wearing red jersey shorts, a plain black T-shirt, and brown sandals. 'What a day'. I had recently finished the new game "Little Nightmares". And boy, was it 1) disturbing as hell, 2) confusing, and 3) had a disturbing AND confusing twist ending!

"At least it was creative" I muttered to myself. It was, in all honesty, very amazing and unique in comparison to other indie games out there. Coming from a teenager like me, though, I wouldn't call myself an expert on the matter. However, I couldn't get the... creepy ending outta my head. "When fighting monsters, you might become one yourself... dang, that is dark. Clever, but dark" I uttered aloud.

I got up from my chair and headed off to my bedroom. My parents were at work, and my little siblings were all asleep, making me the only person awake and about in the entire house. As I passed the open restroom, I caught a glance at my smoothed-back black hair and brown eyes. 

Shuffling over to the fridge and getting out a glass of milk, I sat down at the table and mused over my gameplay of the new indie horror game, Little Nightmares. It was amazing, to say the least, and I knew for certain that new theories would be released on the internet trying to explain its... peculiarities.

"Geez, all the mysteries in that game could rival FNAF, and that's only including details about the plot and location." I mused aloud. "Speaking of which, did it have to end like that?" I continued. I liked talking to myself, considering I didn't have a whole lotta friends barring the little beasts I call my siblings. But, I digress.

"Ugh, if only it were different, I wouldn't be all disturbed about it..." I muttered, "it was all so... surreal. It's already awesome, but it'd be more so if some things were changed...", I said.

"Would it?"

.... I did NOT say that! That voice was startlingly feminine and ghoulish-sounding, far unlike my own manly and masculine tone!

"Who said that!? How'd you break in here!?", I shouted, instantly on my feet and looking all over the place for the origin of the voice. "Who I am is of little importance here. What IS important is your little views."

...? My views? "Wha... What do you mean?" I said, still rubbernecking to see who had gotten in. "If you had the chance to... influence the timeline of this game, would you?" the voice said. 

That part actually stuck into my head. By this point, I figured that whoever this person was, she wasn't a robber or murderer considering she was making (somewhat) casual conversation with me. Was she talking about Little Nightmares?

"Well..." I thought about it. Would I be able to change how the plot went? How Six ended up the way she did? How the antagonists would try to catch us?

"... Yes, I suppose I would." I stated semi-confidently. Immediately after I said that, black shadows began tunneling at my vision, and I suddenly felt incredibly exhausted. I tried to stay standing, but it was no use. I blacked out several seconds after hitting the floor, but not before I heard that voice call out again.

"Well, then... good luck."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....."WHOA!"

I suddenly jolted awake. What the hell was THAT!? Now, I know that most dreams in general are weird, but that was some Supernatural BS!

I sat upright as I rubbed my eyes, not paying attention to my surroundings.

"Ugh, okay, so that was a thing..."

In the middle of my somewhat frustrated musings, I felt a slight tapping on my knee. Probably on of my little brothers. I moved my hand away from my eyes as I looked at whomever just tapped my knee.

"Okay, what is it--?"

What I saw immediately shut me up. Standing there, with a somewhat confused posture, was a tiny 3 foot tall person with a white-ish grey cone on their head. Looking around, I saw that I was sitting in a room with a giant suitcase in one of the other corners with footprints leading to a hallway on the other side. The footprints were fresh, and came from the suitcase, and I could barely make out a bright light, moving deep down the hallway.

"Oh...nonononono..."

I looked down at my body and, to my horror, I had been shrunken down to when I was 12! My red jersey shorts, plain black T-shirt and sandals were shrunken down to match my size, though that wasn't prevalent in my mind at the moment.

What was important was that I woke up in a video game.

A horror video game.

I was in Little Nightmares.

"....NOOOOOOOOOOO-!"

CHAPTER END