A Way Out for You and I

Beckoning Six and Lucecito over to the edge of the pillar's shadow, I prepared to throw the paper airplane to the other side of the room as a distraction.

"Ready?" I asked them. Lucecito nodded, ringing his bell, while Six gave a silent thumbs up. Nodding back, I reared my arm back, making sure to aim it right.

"Okay... here we go!"

With that, I tossed the paper airplane into the air, making it fly rather smoothly through the air. Just like I thought, the Eye spotted it and tracked its movements to the other side of the room, giving us an oppurtunity to move out.

"Alright, let's go!" I whispered to my companions, and we raced over to behind the overturned bed. While we were running, I took the chance to scoop up my cell phone mid-run, since I didn't want to lose it. As I reached the bed and took cover with Six and Lucecito, the plane finally landed near the cages, causing the Eye to lose interest and went back to its normal watch pattern.

"Okay, now what, Sal?" Six asked me as we huddled as close as possible to the shadows.

... I did not think this part through.

"Hold on," I said, leaning against the overturned bed, "Let me think for a moment-- Whoa!"

As I spoke, I felt the bed began to tilt to its original position. Realizing we'd be out in the open, all three of us - Lucecito, Six and I - jumped and grabbed the foot and head railings of the bed, desperately using all of our strength to pull it back up, lest we be exposed to the Eye. Surprisingly, it wasn't very heavy at all, and we brought it back to its position on its side in no time.

I heard Six breath a sigh of relief before giving me a dirty look. "Be careful, Sal!" She chided, swiftly followed by Lucecito walking over and punching me in the knee, which actually hurt!

"Ow! Fine, you got me on that one." I confessed, "We would've been screwed if we couldn't lift up the bed, and--" I said but cut myself off upon having an epiphany.

... By combining our individual strengths, we could move the otherwise too-heavy-to-even-budge bed.

"... And...? What?" Six asked as Lucecito tilted his head in confusion. I quickly relayed a plan to them: By working together and pooling our three small strength levels, we could drag the bed on its side to the end of the room and avoid risking getting turned into statues. Lucecito and Six both looked impressed before nodding in agreement, the former jingling his bell.

"Okay, get ready." I said as we got into positions. I grabbed the railings of the edge of the bed that were closest to the door we entered through, while Six and Lucecito grabbed the railings of the opposite side.

"Alright, heave!" I told them as we put our muscles to use and dragged the bed along its side, careful not to actually lift it in order to stay out of sight. The noise and sudden movement of the bed being dragged caused the Eye to focus on us, but we were completely safe behind the mattress. When we reached the wall of cages, we let go and ran behind the wall, just to be safe.

"Phew!" I exclaimed, wiping my brow, glad that that was over. As I turned to my friends, I noticed Six was gone.

"W-Where's Six?" I asked Lucecito nervously. He pointed behind me, in the direction of the bed. Turning around, I saw Six bending over and picking something up.

"Oh, there you are Six," I said, relieved, "what are you...?"

She then turned around, showing me with a small smile what she picked up: The paper airplane.

"... Here..." She said, holding it out to me. As I grabbed it, I realized I'd forgotten it in the heat of the moment. "I thought you'd wanted it back, so..." She trailed off, smiling sheepishly.